The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the midwest for you! In any event, the games between Northwestern and NE have been great so far.
You don't get excited when you are driving down I-80 and there is nothing but crop fields all around you? Haha

I grew up in northwest Ohio, my grandmother had a farm in north central Ohio, I was stationed in Kansas and lived in Texas. I am used to seeing large stretches of fields, pastures and scrubland when I drive from town to town.

Classic!

What a great idea!
Tech.jpg

What a great idea!
Tech.jpg
My alma mater getting a little creative for ticket sales. Have had attendance issues since they expanded the stadium (when they rarely filled the stadium with the prior capacity).

My alma mater getting a little creative for ticket sales. Have had attendance issues since they expanded the stadium (when they rarely filled the stadium with the prior capacity).

Dave Braine's genius at work. Added 8,000 seats that were not needed at a large cost. The things that guy did to our athletic program. Signed Paul Hewitt (basketball) to the worst coaching contract in the history of sports. auto renewing contract that cost $7million to buy out. For a guy that had a 72-105 ACC record.

Dave Braine's genius at work. Added 8,000 seats that were not needed at a large cost. The things that guy did to our athletic program. Signed Paul Hewitt (basketball) to the worst coaching contract in the history of sports. auto renewing contract that cost $7million to buy out. For a guy that had a 72-105 ACC record.
Don't get me started! I would clog up this whole thread. I stopped donating and buying season tickets.

Don't get me started! I would clog up this whole thread. I stopped donating and buying season tickets.

I've always been a Jacket fan and I was a season ticket holder for 5 years until last year. My son is in school there now so my money for tickets is going to pay for his room and board. Thankfully the Zell Miller scholarship is covering tuition. I'll still try to get to a couple of games this year.

I'm thinking we'll only have 6 or 7 wins this year. Massive losses in the off season with 13 players being lost from the team to all number of reasons. Academic ineligibility, injury, dismissals from the program. Not good. Still who knows in the ACC Coastal. Every team has question marks.

Glad you could take him off our hands back in 97!!! We were happy to see him go. (At least he's no Debbie Yow!)

beat-michagain.jpg

Saban does have a lighter side!

Looks like OU Rookie RB and 5 star recruit Joe Mixon has or is leaving the program for assaulting a female. Broke her face in 4 places.

Not that it will help TNs chances

And Mark Richt can't control his Dawes again. Water is Wet.

Davin Bellamay arrested for DUI. Second time he's been in trouble.

UGA gonna UGA

Should be a good game. I just saw the preseason picks and Michigan was a laughable 4 I believe with a predicted 8-4 record. All I care about though is that they lose 11-29 in Columbus.

Weird

Weird

That's what I call "six W's". Always count on Clemson to "Clemson" when it matters the most.

That's what I call "six W's". Always count on Clemson to "Clemson" when it matters the most.

Dabo's got them playing well and they are crushing recruiting, I just think it's weird for an SEC team to play an ACC team that much more than another SEC school.

We should probably get 441 and JRod in here to discuss "Clemsoning." They saw it first hand in the Orange Bowl. :alien:

This year will be interesting because Clemson replaces Watkins and Boyd. Defense could be special, OL returns a lot and Clemson has been stock piling talent at WR.

Could be an incredible season. Could be 9-3. Who the heck knows?

I'm interested to see how Clemson's run defense stacks up again Gurley in Athens. The run D should be stout, but there may not be a better RB in the country.

Dabo's got them playing well and they are crushing recruiting, I just think it's weird for an SEC team to play an ACC team that much more than another SEC school.

I saw your tweet and thought the same things. The "super" conferences are causing really long stretches for cross-division schools.

Clemson has a similar thing with Miami right now. Played a bunch about 10 years ago. I don't think they play again until 2015 or 2016.

I saw your tweet and thought the same things. The "super" conferences are causing really long stretches for cross-division schools.

Clemson has a similar thing with Miami right now. Played a bunch about 10 years ago. I don't think they play again until 2015 or 2016.

This is a big reason the ACC is looking at going to a 9 game regular season. the cross division stretches are just too long.

We should probably get 441 and JRod in here to discuss "Clemsoning." They saw it first hand in the Orange Bowl. :alien:

This year will be interesting because Clemson replaces Watkins and Boyd. Defense could be special, OL returns a lot and Clemson has been stock piling talent at WR.

Could be an incredible season. Could be 9-3. Who the heck knows?

I'm interested to see how Clemson's run defense stacks up again Gurley in Athens. The run D should be stout, but there may not be a better RB in the country.

Don't put too much faith in Venables.

And Mark Richt can't control his Dawes again. Water is Wet.

Davin Bellamay arrested for DUI. Second time he's been in trouble.

UGA gonna UGA

UGA = Ur Getting Arrested

Will be interesting to see how Richt handles the usual suspensions this year with Clemson and SC as the first two games. My guess is suspensions will be served in week 4 against Troy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back