Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
3/4 pitching wedge from 105 to inside 3 feet. #chrip

not a ton of great shots for me today to brag about... but since WardF didn't post about his, I will. He was looking at about 235 in to a back set flag, second shot on a par 5. He stuck it to about 4 feet with a 5W he has only had in the bag for a round or two. It might have only resulted in a birdie, but it was one of the best shots I've seen recently and needs to be documented :D

not a ton of great shots for me today to brag about... but since WardF didn't post about his, I will. He was looking at about 235 in to a back set flag, second shot on a par 5. He stuck it to about 4 feet with a 5W he has only had in the bag for a round or two. It might have only resulted in a birdie, but it was one of the best shots I've seen recently and needs to be documented :D

Thanks bud, I am still upset I misread the break on that putt :alien:
Got the 5 wood on a trade yesterday as my old one had too much draw bias--It was a cheap one just to use for the week until I get the new one on Friday.

image_zpsa6fe6850.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]First par five: great drive; okay 3 wood but behind a large tree from 100 yards. PW over the tree to 6 feet. Lipped out for a par - which for me on a 500 yd to be GIR is awesome!

Since my driver was the club of the day for me I'll go with my best drive. Took my driver out on a short, tight par 4 that I usually hit my 3 hybrid. There is woods on both sides and very little room for error. Since I was hittting my driver so well today I took it out and blasted it down the right side of the fairway. Was in a spot I've never been before on this hole. Had 95 yards left for my second, would up with a par.

Either my drive on the 17th, 300 yards to the back of the green or a chip in from 20 yards away on the 12th for me

Best hole of the day was the 1st simply because it's the first time I've made par on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy did I have a doozy today! I was walking up to my 95 yard approach shot into the 13th green when the course owner cut across the fairway on a cushman. The owner's name is Tom Wargo, his claim to fame was winning the senior PGA championship back in 93. He pulled up beside my ball and said "let's see what you got with the old pro watching". This is my 1st year being a member out there, and even though I've seen him around, I had never talked to Tom before. I was super nervous, but managed to put one pin high about 15 feet right of the cup.

I'd have to say my tee shot on 18. It's a par 3, I lasered the pin at 172 yards. Had a little wind at my back so I took out the 8 iron. I had struggled big time the last 2 rounds with all my irons. I stood a little further from the ball then I had been and hit a high baby draw pin high about 10 feet left of the pin. Didn't make the putt but I'm hoping I figured something out with my irons. It was easily the best swing I've had with an iron in my last 2 rounds.

Dropped a nice 40 footer for bird on the 17th at Caledonia.

Chip in for bird on 18 after a bad second shot.

My wedges have been in fire lately.

Yesterday during my round with Jspangs, I hit 6 wedges to 6' or less.

Coming off one of my doubles had a par 3 157 yards to the pin. Wind was helping and very muggy out so I knew the ball would fly a little more than most days, so I grabbed my PW. Hit it perfect with a nice cut, hit just left of the pin, bounced once spun back about a foot and lipped out for the ace!!

In the space of three holes today I chipped in from off the green having oddly just shanked a first pitch shot across the green. Then nearly pitched in again on the next hole, rolling to 1 foot and on the following hole hit my best ever drive over water 300+ yards to the middle of the fairway. Shame the iron play didn't go so well - really struggling with a grip change

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My long game was ON last time I played. Hit my Ping G25 3 hybrid from about 215 yards to within 20 feet of the pin. Next hole I hit my Taylormade R11 5 iron from 185 to center green about 30 feet from the hole. Scores were Par and Bogey. (Need to seriously work on my putting)

9I (147.5y) drew it out and round a messy tree, dropped it 15ft past the pin and screwed back to 8-10 foot, rolled a pure one and walked away with a very unlikely birdie ..... it's shots like these that keep you coming back for more

#11 Caledonia, after nuking my iron over the hedges and onto 12 tee, I hit a blind chip over the hedges that hit the stick and settled to about 2 feet for my par.

#11 Caledonia, after nuking my iron over the hedges and onto 12 tee, I hit a blind chip over the hedges that hit the stick and settled to about 2 feet for my par.

Which you hit with confidence. Great shot

#17 Caledonia par 3 second shot from the bunker and it rolled. Wasn't able to get up fast enough to see it but I was hitting well today in the greenside bunkers.

80 foot putt for birdie after putting my drive in a bunker.

80 foot putt for birdie after putting my drive in a bunker.

Longest putt I've ever seen drained in person. Unreal

First post. Just started playing again after a 10 year layoff. I've always struggled with a slice. Loosened up my grip on my driver, took a nice easy swing, and drove it 270 yards straight down the fairway. Not a spectacular shot by most standards but it was the shot today that makes me want to go back and see if I can duplicate it.

Snuck in nine after work tonight, #4 is the prettiest hole at my club, a gentle dogleg right with OB left and several full pines right. 442 from the blacks, I hook one left that gets saved from going OB by a small tree, coming to rest 218 out in a descent lie but with a twenty foot tall tree twenty five yards ahead right on my line. I hit a 2 hybrid over the tree with a baby draw to the back fringe 30ft above the hole, I cozied it down the slope for a tap in par.

For a time, my 5 iron became lethal and was my go to club... 175/185 yards with roll-out. Encouraged, I started working with my 4 iron and I like it a lot. Below is second shot to 514 yard Par 5. After a booming wind-aided 304 yard drive to the edge of the dogleg, my ball stopped in the center of the fairway, with 210 yards to the front of the green. Intending to lay up, with my 4 iron, I connected to the sweet spot and sent the ball a good 175 yards in the air and a total of 195 with roll-out. That left me a decent chance at chipping in for an eagle. I didn't, but I did get my birdie.

10492390_10152359051643401_147465710646909904_n.jpg

137 yard shot, one hopped, hit the flagpole, and had a 3" tap in for birdie.

I knew I hit it too hard.....
#InternetGolferAlert....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back