Callaway X2 Hot Fairway Wood Preview

I'm loving the 5 wood, explosive off the face, and as long as I can keep it straight, it's a huge asset on par 5s!
I picked up a used X2 hot 5 wood a couple weeks ago and am loving it! Deck and tee performance are great for me. I've been using it off the tee in place of my 3 wood because it's almost as far and more accurate.

I picked up a used X2 hot 5 wood a couple weeks ago and am loving it! Deck and tee performance are great for me. I've been using it off the tee in place of my 3 wood because it's almost as far and more accurate.
It feels awesome off a tee. Longer par 3s beware!!!

I got my first in course experience with my 4 wood today and I must say I am impressed, very good distance and the face just feels hot. I did struggle with it because I set up to hit my normal fade but I hit it dead straight. I also was able to go for a par five in two today that I normally never have a shot at because I was feeling good about this club.

Can anyone compare the 3 or 5 wood to the 3 deep or 5 deep.
Just curious how different they are.

Thanks.

Had the deep and now have the non pro 3 wood. Mine sits square. More forgiving and higher ball flight. Easier off the deck. So much better than the sldr mini it's not funny.

I got my first in course experience with my 4 wood today and I must say I am impressed, very good distance and the face just feels hot. I did struggle with it because I set up to hit my normal fade but I hit it dead straight. I also was able to go for a par five in two today that I normally never have a shot at because I was feeling good about this club.

With all the great deals on the X2 hot line i picked the 4 wood up a few weeks ago. First time on the range right after i got it, i had a horrible time with it, was pretty let down i was expecting BIG things with it.

Well this Saturday i gave it another chance, and i worked on my set up with it, brought the ball position just a little closer to the heel at set up, slowed down my swing, and BOOM 230-240 off the deck best i could judge, time after time. I then started to play around with it, and could launch it high, hit a fade, and even some 200 yard knock downs.

I could not get along with the X2 hybrids, but these fairways are nice, may need to look into the 3&5 woods, just as a option.

Pondering replacing the Stage 2 with one of these. The first time on the sim didn't work out how I expected but I'm going to give it another run and see how it goes.

Pondering replacing the Stage 2 with one of these. The first time on the sim didn't work out how I expected but I'm going to give it another run and see how it goes.
I like the 5 X2 Hot over the T3 RBZ for sure!

I like the 5 X2 Hot over the T3 RBZ for sure!

I have hit some monsters with the Stage 2, so we'll see. Honestly just feel like trying something new. Feel like the course always plays out different than the sim... Don't know if I'm ready to go the Deep/Mini route, so these are at the forefront of my ponder, along with another J40.

I have hit some monsters with the Stage 2, so we'll see. Honestly just feel like trying something new. Feel like the course always plays out different than the sim... Don't know if I'm ready to go the Deep/Mini route, so these are at the forefront of my ponder, along with another J40.

i don;t know that 5 deep looks darn good.,

i don;t know that 5 deep looks darn good.,

Stop it you. :D I'd have to hit it to see where it would fall in my bag. Honestly thinking if I went anythingDeep it would be the 14.5˚ but can't say for sure without hitting some stuff.

Stop it you. :D I'd have to hit it to see where it would fall in my bag. Honestly thinking if I went anythingDeep it would be the 14.5˚ but can't say for sure without hitting some stuff.

who me :confused2:, stop what, for me my 4 wood has been a weapon the last two years, and to replace it is a big deal for me. My Drives are 260-280+ so i need the next club in the bag to be a 235-245 range, my trouble is what comes after that my 200-225 range i am a little lost on right now.

I think the 5deep could even be longer than the regular 4 wood so for now not going to tempt it either.

who me :confused2:, stop what, for me my 4 wood has been a weapon the last two years, and to replace it is a big deal for me. My Drives are 260-280+ so i need the next club in the bag to be a 235-245 range, my trouble is what comes after that my 200-225 range i am a little lost on right now.

I think the 5deep could even be longer than the regular 4 wood so for now not going to tempt it either.

That's why I need to find one to hit. There's demo 3deeps all over the place but 5deeps are a little more elusive. Not in any hurry though so I've got time to look.

I tried the X2 hot 3Deep this year, but hit my X Hot 4 wood ended up being longer and way more consistent. I sold the 3Deep and picked up an X2 Hot 11 wood, it is easily the best feeling fw I have ever hit. I ordered with the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage, and a GPMC Chevron grip.

I have never been a fan of hybrids, always preferred woods. This club is an example of why.

It'll hit out of the rough just fine as it being an 11 wood it has a tiny head and face.

I tried the X2 hot 3Deep this year, but hit my X Hot 4 wood ended up being longer and way more consistent. I sold the 3Deep and picked up an X2 Hot 11 wood, it is easily the best feeling fw I have ever hit. I ordered with the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage, and a GPMC Chevron grip.

I have never been a fan of hybrids, always preferred woods. This club is an example of why.

It'll hit out of the rough just fine as it being an 11 wood it has a tiny head and face.

Not gonna lie, the super high lofted woods have always intrigued be but you're hard pressed to find anything over a 7 around here, if that. Did you demo it somewhere or just buy blind?

Not gonna lie, the super high lofted woods have always intrigued be but you're hard pressed to find anything over a 7 around here, if that. Did you demo it somewhere or just buy blind?

I have always played a 9 and will as long as someone makes one. So figured I would try and see what an 11 was like, as I had a gap to fill. Mission completed.

I'm loving the 5 wood, explosive off the face, and as long as I can keep it straight, it's a huge asset on par 5s!

Glad to hear you're loving it Kyle! I loved that club, but the 5 wood was just so LONG it made no sense in the slot I had it in haha. I'm a big fan of your 910F 4w so far as well!

Glad to hear you're loving it Kyle! I loved that club, but the 5 wood was just so LONG it made no sense in the slot I had it in haha. I'm a big fan of your 910F 4w so far as well!

Glad to hear it buddy. The 5 wood will be getting a lot of play tonight during league.

I absolutely adore my 5w. It has become my favorite club in my bag.

Kindle Fire Talkin'

I hit this for the first time today on the back nine. The hole only plays about 408, so I pulled the 3W to hit off the tee. I had hit SO many hooks with my previous 3W that I held-up on the downswing a little and ended up just off the right side of the fairway, around 160 out. I grabbed another ball and let it rip. Dead center of the fairway leaving 117 left. Wow. I learned on that one shot that I don't have to worry about a hook anymore!!!! Thank you Nate at Miles of Golf!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick story from last weekends tournament. 17th hole,par 4 playing from my partners ball 240yds out. I pulled the x2hot 5w and figured I'd just get it in the general direction of the green. Well I caught it perfectly and it took off! It landed on the down slope before the green and rolled up into the foot of one of the guys in the group ahead of us. I apologized profusely and they guy just laughed at me.

Kindle Fire Talkin'

The 4 wood has been really strong

No golf this weekend but I'll certainly be near a golf store. Going to give the pro 3W a run against the stage 2 as I've had some hooking issues myself...

No golf this weekend but I'll certainly be near a golf store. Going to give the pro 3W a run against the stage 2 as I've had some hooking issues myself...

for me i am looking hard at changing the 4 Wood and 3h out for a 3 and 5 wood combo.

for me i am looking hard at changing the 4 Wood and 3h out for a 3 and 5 wood combo.

I use my 3W a lot off the tee, and 5W is just one of my favorite clubs so it works for me. I also rarely find myself in between a 5W and 4H distance on the course.

Funny, I just went the other way. For some reason I was hooking the pi$$ out of 3w, and 5w was so much longer than my 4 hybrid that the gapping just made no sense.

Back