Anyone Else Bass Fish

Hey, for all you bass fisherman. I have 4 lowrance fish finders new in the box for sell for less than ebay prices. hit me up!

Got out the other night about 30 minutes before dark. We have had a fair amount of the rain the last week or so, so the ponds are up alittle and I couldn't get a hit to save my life. I tried alittle of everything, top waters, shallow runners, bottom runners, nothing. Hope to get out a couple times this week before vacation and try a couple of the other ponds in the hood to see what might be there.

Used to fish local bass tournaments, and fish pretty much every weekend. When my kids got into golf I started spending more and more time with it and rarely fish anymore. My parents have a house on Lake Fork and I still have my boat down there. Fun to fish off their dock, which is is one of the best spots on the whole lake. So even when I go, I do not take the boat out.

Used to fish local bass tournaments, and fish pretty much every weekend. When my kids got into golf I started spending more and more time with it and rarely fish anymore. My parents have a house on Lake Fork and I still have my boat down there. Fun to fish off their dock, which is is one of the best spots on the whole lake. So even when I go, I do not take the boat out.

So when are we going? I have some rods I need to test out.

So when are we going? I have some rods I need to test out.
Ha! We will have to figure something out. Maybe an outing with the DFW crew fishing and golf at the Links of Lands End?

Ha! We will have to figure something out. Maybe an outing with the DFW crew fishing and golf at the Links of Lands End?

Sounds fun!

Im in for both!!

I'm in! I kayak fished for the last few years... slowed way down cause of more golf :)

Got this one while I was in PA a couple of weeks ago.

ygaqe8ej.jpg

We have really good freshwater fishing here in southern massachusetts. We have a lot of cranberry bog ponds with a lot of weeds and bass. Went this past Saturday and slammed em on some topwater frogs. Just got back into it because my daughters asked me about it. Now im into it again.

I used to be a big bass fisherman and like others did the tournaments and spent a lot of time fishing. Hadn't touched a rod in almost 10 years till last year since the club I joined allows members to fish the waters. Love to take the kids out as the waters are stocked enough that my 8 year old can catch them. I've even got him to love fishing a plastic worm, just like me.

Same here, I used to fish 2-3 times a week. I haven't done so in 20+ years. When I retire I plan to take up fly fishing.

I love to fish. The in-laws have a little pond. I try to fish in it a couple times a month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I love to bass fish, we have an awesome smallie fishery here in Northern Michigan. I have recently gotten my 5 year old daughter into fishing and golf.

I used to fish as well as other outdoor activities here. But golf has replaced them as it eats up all my spare time. Also, there is just not enough bass fishing spots in the Denver area and trout fishing doesn't excite me at all.

I'm kind of the same way. I grew up in Minnesota and Wisconsin, spent my first 17 summers in Balsam Lake, WI. I don't know just when I graduated from a cane pole and fishing off the dock for sunfish, but I do remember an old steel casting rod with a crappy reel that would only throw a big casting lure about 50 feet. Still caught quite a few largemouth with that. When I saved enough to buy my first closed face spinning reel, I was in 7th heaven. I trout fished quite a bit after moving to Montana in 1964 and that was still okay because the regulations there were still pretty liberal. After coming to Colorado in the mid 70's, I lost interest because it took an act of God to catch something that was legal to take home, and I was used to being able to eat my catch.

I love fishing top waters. Does anyone else fish with tops?

I loved fishing Hula Poppers in Wisconsin. Dropping in patches of lily pads and slow intermittent retrieve was lots of fun, especially with a frog pattern, or at night close to shore with a black mouse imitation. Never had much luck with a jitterbug, although the smallest largemouth I ever caught was landed on one. That fish was all of 3 inches long and probably weighed 1/4 what the lure did. It could barely get its mouth around one tine of the treble hook - talk about ego. :laughing:

I collect old lures from the early days of bass fishing. Here's a very small sample of my collection with an original Lazy Ike, Jitter bug and popping Molly. I have ton's of todays takle, so these don't get fished anymore, but they would still catch fish if I tried them.

My first bass lure was one you don't have. It was one that my grandmother passed down to me - she said it was her mother's. It was a beat up redhead Bass-Oreno (almost exactly like the photo below). I caught a few on it before I started buying my own lures.

south_bend_bass_oreno.jpg

I used to bass fish a lot - used to wade in the creeks up here and catch a lot of smallies. And I have a friend who has a bass boat and is in a fishing club, and we used to get out quite often. Of course, in my late 30's the golf bug bit, and there just wasn't time for both. But now, my kids are almost all grown, so more time we be available. My youngest son, who is 19, has been wanting to get more fishing in, and I'm gonna try to make that happen a little more this year.

Back