The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from the vet. We have a very sick dog - kidney problems and really low red blood cell counts. I think he either recovers over the next several days or we are looking at putting him down. He licked something while on a walk with my son that may have screwed up his kidneys (emphasis on "may") and my 9 year old son thinks it's his fault the dog is dying. On top of that all the talks with the kids about him potentially dying and the emotions we have ourselves. This freaking sucks.

Dude. I can't even imagine.

I don't have to imagine. Lived something eerily simiar. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

According to Kia, this is a $1200 repair.

epe4a3u5.jpg

Are they replacing the entire door?!

Yeah, according to them the entire panel (not even the entire door) needs to be replaced. That's crazy
JB Weld it!

Seriously, I would be figuring out some other fix.

Back from the vet. We have a very sick dog - kidney problems and really low red blood cell counts. I think he either recovers over the next several days or we are looking at putting him down. He licked something while on a walk with my son that may have screwed up his kidneys (emphasis on "may") and my 9 year old son thinks it's his fault the dog is dying. On top of that all the talks with the kids about him potentially dying and the emotions we have ourselves. This freaking sucks.

Praying for that recovery.

Can't sleep, mind is racing, kind of feel like I am having an anxiety attack. I feel the need to pace the house but I can't because it's filled with clubs. I apologize in advance to everyone tomorrow if I am crabby, I won't be working on a lot of sleep.

Can't sleep, mind is racing, kind of feel like I am having an anxiety attack. I feel the need to pace the house but I can't because it's filled with clubs. I apologize in advance to everyone tomorrow if I am crabby, I won't be working on a lot of sleep.

Sorry to hear GG, I'm sure after this weekend the stress level can go down some!

I think the morning will help make everything better. When you see what the two of you have accomplished it will be very hard not to smile.

Check engine light came on last night. YAY!

Being stuck at work when the weather is nice and I am reading through the MC thread.....just want to go play golf now..... :angry:

You're the best, though. There's 40 guys that won't even notice because of the hard work you've put in.

Good Lord I'm sorry to read all this. Ours is still recovering from the stroke so this gets to me. It must be the dust the warehouse guys kicked up this morning.

Watching my wife go through labor. We are on hour 36 and still not at a stage that is worth going back to the hospital. I have never felt more useless as I do right now. Come on kiddo, just come into the world already, it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Official Rant of the Day

Watching my wife go through labor. We are on hour 36 and still not at a stage that is worth going back to the hospital. I have never felt more useless as I do right now. Come on kiddo, just come into the world already, it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

Good luck to you both. I'm sure she will remind you of this long labor for many years. Ha

Looking forward to the arrival of the newest THP'er

Last edited:
Dropped the wife off at 7am this morning for surgery. I went and did my tests, spent the morning walking around/shopping.

Still haven't heard back from the hospital. Not sure if I should be phoning to find out what is going on.....

Dropped the wife off at 7am this morning for surgery. I went and did my tests, spent the morning walking around/shopping.

Still haven't heard back from the hospital. Not sure if I should be phoning to find out what is going on.....

Phew.... just as I was about to pickup the phone, I got the call to go get her. So relieved.

I hate being screwed over by my company. We went out on storm 2 weeks ago and I was told I was going to be Foreman on storm. We get back and get paid and they didn't put my Foremans pay on my check (an extra $6 an hour). I make a call and they said they were gonna send me another check, never got it, got my check today it wasn't added on, called again and now they said they couldn't bill me as a Foreman after I already did the work for them. I'm not too thrilled.

If I tell you I'm going to be available for you to pick up your gun from 5-7, don't say "Perfect" and then email me at 6:55 and tell me you're on your way and will be there around 7:30. Then you ask when I'm going to be available today, and don't reply to say if that means your coming or not? I'm not waiting around without confirmation just in case you decide to show up. I've got things I have to do.

Good Luck Deuce!

Well, the wife's surgery is over. Had hoped that they would find nothing, but ended up finding what they figured they would. Thankfully they took care of it in surgery today. She is lounging around now, pretty sore, but we are on our way home tomorrow.

Hopefully in a month when we go in for the follow-up, we can hear some good news.

Well, the wife's surgery is over. Had hoped that they would find nothing, but ended up finding what they figured they would. Thankfully they took care of it in surgery today. She is lounging around now, pretty sore, but we are on our way home tomorrow.

Hopefully in a month when we go in for the follow-up, we can hear some good news.

Praying it all works out

Well the fact she is going home tomorrow would seem to be good news.

Good luck on the follow up.

Just got a call from my daughter. There's a bat in the house. I'm 2 hours away and her mom(my ex) is not around. I got a hold of a neighbor and he went over to check it out thank goodness. Awesome.

Just got a call from my daughter. There's a bat in the house. I'm 2 hours away and her mom(my ex) is not around. I got a hold of a neighbor and he went over to check it out thank goodness. Awesome.
Haha I've dealt with this a few times over the years because they fall down the chimney. We just open the door and have people hold up sheets in the doorways to guide it out. The person who dares open the flue is the brave one haha always a spectacle

I remember seeing a sign in Golfsmith in mid-June that said TM was upgrading their order system and that custom orders placed after June 24 wouldn't be shipped until late July due to that process. I bet your order got caught up in that. Shame on Golftec for not telling you about it, but I wonder why TaylorMade didn't do the upgrade in the winter instead of the summer.

TM never said anything when they took the order. If they had I would have known what to expect. That and it was a two week shutdown, not a software upgrade.

Order fulfilment software for a golf club manufacturer does not take two weeks to upgrade.

Lesson canceled by the instructor while I was walking out the door. I could have played a tournament today but thought a lesson was the smarter move. Smh.

Moving a freezer into the new house and slip, slice! Cut my middle finger and ring finger wide open on my right hand. Thankfully it was super sharp and just went deep without tearing the skin. They should heal quicker this way.

Bad news is I won't be swinging a club for a little bit. The slices are right where I grip a club.

Good news is stitches aren't needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back