Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit my first poor tee shot of the day off the heel into the rough. Promptly pulled a 9 iron that was meant to lay up short of the hazard. I was left with 120 to the pin off sand/pin straw. I wasn't in the trees but couldn't hit the ball high as over hanging branches were in play. I moved the ball back in my stance and hit a 3/4 PW low enough to stay under the tree but still hold the green.

In a bunker to an elevated green with 15 yards of carry and less than 5 yards of green to work with that was falling away from me. Down hill lie in the bunker it was raining had one foot in the trap and one foot out and managed to just lip out and stop a foot from the hole. Best sand shot I have had this year.

8i from 165 to here on a simple par 3.
ne3ateme.jpg

Well I didn't get a picture but my shot of the round was when a group let me play through while they were on the green (I hate that) but I had 122 to the flag, I hit a solid 9i to about 8 feet with all of them standing on the green. Unfortunately I missed the birdie putt, but tap in pars are nice.

Last edited:
Had 123 yards with the ball way below my feet. Took out my AW, aimed left and let the ball fade back to the pin. Stopped about 5 feet from the hole. Made the putt for birdie. Pretty much the only thing I did well all day.

Playing 9 after work Wednesday my drive faded to the left side of the fairway like it always does on the first hole. About 180 yards from the green I pulled my 7 wood out and knocked it pretty well... ball was on the back of the green about 15 feet from the pin. First time I got a green in regulation, I 2 putted for par... I don't get those very often either. What a way to open the round with.

Dog leg left Par 4, second shot from 170 out. Hit a 7 iron to right here:

esehehuj.jpg

Best Shot Of Your Round

My course opened up the front after being flooded. One par five was under for a while and the fairway is nothing but dirt. After hitting my best drive of the night my lie was as thin as can be, I managed to still hit my fairway wood 250 and right at the pin. I came up a little shot, but it was still a great shot and I ended up tapping in for a birdie 4.

2 shots that led to back-to-back birdies:
17th hole, uphill par 3 playing 140 yards with pin on the left tucked behind a bunker. Hit an 8 iron that had a nice little draw on it, knew it would be a good shot but didn't see it land. I get up to the green and the ball is 1 foot away from the hole. There's a big slope about 5 yards behind the pin, and the guys on the 18th tee which is right next to the 17th green tell me that the ball hit on the slope, then rolled down to the hole and lipped out! I almost had my first hole-in-one.
18th hole, par 5 where I was just short of the green in 3 shots. Green slopes hard from back to front, so took a 9 iron out and hit a low running chip, the ball hit the flagstick and dropped in for birdie. The ball probably would have been 10 feet past if the stick wasn't in.

My best yesterday was on the short 235 yd par 4 @ Wolf Hollow (DWG), PA. Problem is you can barely see the green due to tree's on the left - just enough of an obstacle to get in your head. Hit a perfect draw with the 3 wood - curved right into the green - bounced into the back rough. Blew the chip & 2 putted for par (FAIL), but it was a pretty tee shot to draw it exactly the way I envisioned it - just came in a little hot

My drive from the blue tees (627 yards) on the #1 rated hole was a beautiful high gentle fade along a tree line to the A position. I couldn't have walked it out there and dropped it in the fairway any better.

Pitched in from 50 feet on the last hole (a par 5) for a birdie.

Hit my drive 330 yards off the Tee Box. Wind was at my back and I hit a blistering Draw.
I had 160 left to the center of green. Took an 8 Iron and wound up with this for Eagle and sunk it! I was stoked.
uploadfromtaptalk1406399121379.jpg

Hit a terrible drive on a really difficult par 4 and was in the rough with a long way to the green. Impossible to get it there from where I was so I hacked out into the fairway and had 145 yards left to the pin. Wind was from the right and into me so I took a 7i and choked down a little and put a 3/4 swing on it with the intention of holding it up against the wind. It came off the club perfectly but I couldn't see the green, only the top of the flag. Walked up the hill and saw my ball really close to the pin. When we got to the green we saw the ball was only inches from the hole!!! What a way to make par on a difficult hole.

240 yard 3 hybrid second shot into the par five 13th at pasatiempo rolled the eagle putt just by

148 yd ball below my feet 9-iron hooked around a tree over water to 10 feet. Missed the putt by 2 feet.

Yesterday was a first. On 16 I hit a 9 iron up a hill into the wind from 126, and it stuck about 2 feet from the pin. On 17 I hit a sand wedge from 95 yards and stuck it to 3 feet, and on 18 I hit a PW from 127 to 3 feet. I am not positive, but I am pretty sure that's the first time I have finished a round with 3 consecutive birdies. The rest of my day was not so good.

First hole today, 309yd par 4 into the prevailing wind. 30 yards in and I pitch to two inches!

Didn't have a good day, was playing in a Texas scramble, holed one 20' putt and pitched close, 3 good drives but that was about all I contributed!

Hit a couple of good shots over the weekend that are worth a mention for me

First one I am slightly embarrassed to be admitting to, but I found myself short-sided in a green-side bunker and the sand was quite firm as it had been raining overnight and the ball was sitting on top of the sand having rolled into the bunker. As the lip of the bunker was not too steep I decided to take my putter and knocked it over the lip of the bunker, across the slope of the green, almost sinking the shot to leave myself with a tap-in par

Second one was my tee shot on a 167yd par 3, into a right to left headwind to a long narrow green protected by bunkers left and right and water short. As the course was so slow we had a 4-ball sitting waiting behind us as we were waiting for the green to clear. I was first to tee off in our group and put my 6i to the left fringe about pin high which left a tricky downhill left to right putt which just missed, again leaving a simple tap-in par

My worst shot(s) of the round followed a SW to a short 110yd par 3 which I stuck to about 6 feet, then promptly did an Ernie Els and 3-putted from that distance on one of the straightest putts I have probably had all round :banghead:

Best shot was the first shot of the year for me this past Wednesday. GPS measured 304 yards into a cross-wind on the opening par 5.

Pitch shot from 30 yards out, 6 feet from the pin. Up and down from there for birdie, and good for a few "wows" from my playing partners. Not gonna lie, I loved that!

Had 150 into a pretty decent wind from the rough. Took out my 8 iron, choked down about an inch and took a nice easy swing and stuck it to 8 feet. Reason I liked this shot so much is because I've been working on taking a little off with my irons and not always going 100%. I have to say the Apex irons are amazing irons when it comes to distance control, so easy to take a little off or step on one when you need to.

Hit a crap tee shot on a long par four. Had 200 yards left....sitting in the rough with trees in my way. Pulled a 5 iron and hit a 30 yard cut around and over trees. Ball landed just short of the green and rolled up to 15 ft. Was thrilled!

From The HTC One Blue!

A 12-15 foot chip in from the fringe for birdie on a par 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back