Castpro

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok,

I'm 53 and have been playing for 25 months now. Handicap is down to 16.5 so things are improving.

Yesterday my brother and I were playing at our home course (Olde Point Country Club, Hampstead NC) and it was a pretty good round for me. 44 on the front with an OK back nine going. Putting was good but had my butt kicked on a couple of par 5's (double bogeys).

17 is a 135 yard par 3 with water front and left and a trap right. I hit the Tee shot into the trap. It was about 20 yards or so to the pin. Got set up, ran the bunker thoughts through my head (ball forward, weight forward, hinge and pull) and took the swing.....

The ball came out beautifully. Landed on the high side with just the right amount of backspin. She settled down and curve right into the hole.... :)

Not a big deal I know but it was the shot of my round and a first for me. Went on to par 18 and finish the back with a 43 for a round of 87.

Tommy

Very nice! I'm sure it felt good getting that ball in the hole. I'd be proud of that too! :)

Awesome! I've gotten within a few inches in a similar situation and was very excited. So I can imagine how happy you were. It's one of those shots that keeps people coming back!

Great shot! Enjoy those shots , their the ones that keep you coming back. Hopefully you'll have a lot more of them in the future.

Nice shot! I was going to play there yesterday but we played Castle Bay instead.

Sounds like a great sand save

Well done!

That's a round-maker right there! Awesome man

That is the kind of shot that will keep you coming back for more! Nice job.

Back