TTime

Reaction score
What's up THP, hope everyone's having fun playing this summer. Got a few questions about getting fit. My driver is the main club giving me problems, some days are ok, some are really bad. Of course I got a list of golf related stuff I want to do so trying to figure out where a driver fitting goes, or if I even need one. After getting fit did you buy a new driver? Did you find out your previous driver was all wrong? Do you feel good about your driver now?

When a driver fits you, or any club for that matter there is definite a degree of confidence that is there as suppose to not being fitted. Driver fittings can teach you a lot as well. I would say yes if the driver is hurting your game enough then go get fitted for one. Even if you don't buy the driver at least you get a better idea as to what you need to look for.

I have been fit for all my clubs except putter. Anyone that doesn't get fit for a club is wasting money. Manufacturers develop shaft head combinations that work best but because everyone has a different swing they results vary. My last driver fitting I switched from a Diamana blue+ to the Diamana Whiteboard and took spin off and increased launch angle adding 15 yds of carry to my drives and reducing mis hits. I now hit 10-11 fairways consistently as a result. I also recommend getting fit out doors where you can see the ball flight and results along with the numbers. Indoor fittings don't give you this same perspective and I have watched many friends buy the wrong driver only to be more frustrated than before

Thanks guys. I'll get fit hopefully in a couple weeks, and like Cjgolf said I'll at least know what I'm looking for and go from there. Found a place that has some good reviews, getting fit outside would be great but not sure if its an option.

I have some family and friends out your way. Let me do some searching for outdoor fitting.

Sounds good to me. The place I was planning on going is D'Lance Golf. One more quick question, say I need to change my driver, do they mainly use new models or mix in models that are a few years old?

Most places will have a selection of models that manufacturers are still selling so at most maybe 1 year previous model. Not sure how far it is from you but Green Valley Ranch golf Academy is a good place to get fit.

Cool. I didn't even think about Green Valley Ranch but will give them a call soon. Thanks again

Back