Dejavu

Reaction score
Handicap
Over the past year, I believe that I received too many tips and inputs and trying so many different things, that I took some time off and decided to sort of stick to one method. Although this is not my best effort, it is the only video I have available at the present. It was a little rushed, but perhaps someone can identify a particular thing I should work on. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tICJyeYcbJ0&feature=youtu.be

compare with vimeo: http://vimeo.com/101946799

Last edited:
The first thing i noticed is that you put your weight on your front leg in your backswing when in reality it should be more on you back foot then transition to your front foot in your follow through, this may also hep flatten out your backswing and allow for a more inside out swing than an over the top. It also appears that your shoulders, hips and feet are not aligned with each other. The first two things i recommend focusing on are setup with hips, shoulders and feet aligned and having your weight split 50/50 between front and back foot. Once you get comfortable with that then work on takeaway using big muscle groups to move the club.

Yes, the alignment was off on this one. Sometimes it is also a matter of camera angle, but I know I did not pay as much attention to alignment as I should have. My shoulders were a little open to stance line.

Thank You.

Yea, weight transfer. You are 'loading' up on the front foot on your back swing, which rarely works out well. There are any number of weight shift drills available on youtube. But i'll point out one that I like.

I just call it the llifting heel drill. On your back swing, lift your left heel. And don't just lift it a little, do a full lift, feeling your left foot push you back, then on the down swing, lower the left foot back down while lifting the right heel, and feel the right foot pushing you back forward. The nice thing about this drill, you can actually still make good contact with the ball doing it (although it may not be as accurate).

It also has the added benefit of learning to lift your forward heel (your left heel) in the back swing. If you do that, you should gain a bit more ability to rotate your hips, and you won't even have to think about it, it will just happen naturally.

Use alignment rods while you do it. Just so you know you are in line. Again, not something you actually have to think about, just something to assist you while practicing.

~Rock

Don't let a stack and tilt guru read this .. Actually slight weight left is a good way to play , not for all .. But some . Golf is played on a tilted plane

Don't let a stack and tilt guru read this .. Actually slight weight left is a good way to play , not for all .. But some . Golf is played on a tilted plane
ha ha...thinking same thing. Both SnT, and 5SK camps promote weight forward, centered pivot to different degrees.

Back