Pacific Northwest/Vancouver, BC Golfers Group

Well, sitting on a plane headed for Seattle. Two weeks of west coast vacation and hopefully several rounds of golf. I may be up for a round as early as Sunday. You guys need to let me know when you can play. Oh, we will be staying in abbotsford right by the border to Sumas.
I may be free wednesday coming up. I may have to get back to you guys on this one. I would really like to play.

I am probably out of luck due to my Brother's wedding next weekend.

If anybody is free tomorrow morning, checkered and I are playing at Homestead G&CC in Lynden, WA at 10am. There's still 2 slots available on Golfnow, 18 holes walking and a small bucket for $47.50 + $2.50 Golfnow fee. All you need to do is snag the time on GolfNow and join us in the morning!

Well, sitting on a plane headed for Seattle. Two weeks of west coast vacation and hopefully several rounds of golf. I may be up for a round as early as Sunday. You guys need to let me know when you can play. Oh, we will be staying in abbotsford right by the border to Sumas.

See post above if you're interested in a round tomorrow. Pretty close to the Sumas border crossing as well, so it wouldn't be a long drive for you from Abbotsford.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

See post above if you're interested in a round tomorrow. Pretty close to the Sumas border crossing as well, so it wouldn't be a long drive for you from Abbotsford.

Cool, I it's still available my brother and I will join you

And we're in. See you tomorrow!

And we're in. See you tomorrow!

Nice man! We'll be rolling into the course around 915 probably, see you there. I'll pm you my cell in case you get lost or something

Awesome! Look forward to teeing it up G4L!

Had a blast of a time teeing it up with John/checkered, Bret/golf4life, and Bret's brother Brady out at Homestead G&CC in Lynden today. There were some great shots and some pretty crap shots, but I think everybody had a great time. The weather couldn't have been hand picked any better - mid 70's and sunny, with the course conditions as good as I've ever seen them up here. Nice and firm (but not hard) fairways, with the greens rolling true but not lightning fast. Bret as usual bombed several drives out there with the Alpha (and a few with the XCG6 :alien: ), and had a real nice par run on the back 9, only broken up by a couple swimmers on the par 5's (TOUGH at this course). John had a rough run on the front 9, but really started clubbing it on the back 9 and shot 8 better than on the front - well done on the recovery bud! Brady also had a real rough run on the par 5's, playing solid golf except for some blow up holes - really that was the story of the whole day for everyone, including myself. Had a lot of pars and bogeys, with just a couple tough holes sneaking in there and running the score up a little. We stuck around afterwards to grab a beer and bite and then hit the road! Hope I get to tee it up again with Bret again sometime in November when I'm back east, and I'll definitely get to tee it up with John and Brady again since they're local.

I'll have a full review of the course up sometime in the next few days, but here's a few pics of the action!

vaqunuse.jpg

Great view of Mt Baker today

uvere8u8.jpg

John going for the green

mu2ebate.jpg

Brady bombing it

azuzubep.jpg

John and Bret yukkin it up

betaqagu.jpg

The green at #18, Par 5

Glad you guys had fun and bummed I couldn't be out there. Homestead is a b**CH.

It was a great time out there today. Beautiful weather, course was in great shape and great company. Had a blast gents!

I'm thinking of playing a twilight round on Tuesday if anyone wants to join. I plan to tee off sometime between 4:15 and 5:15 at either the Canal, Pagoda, or Hazelmere

I'm thinking of playing a twilight round on Tuesday if anyone wants to join. I plan to tee off sometime between 4:15 and 5:15 at either the Canal, Pagoda, or Hazelmere

Wish I could...stupid work!

Geez. Glad you guys didn't make plans to comeout here! The course was doing a 5 ball tourney all weekend (practice rounds on friday). I didn't get out until 11:45 Friday and only played 9 (almost 3 hours for 9 holes), and didn't start playing until 4 pm Saturday.
Sounds like ya'll had a hoot. Hope to get out with ya'll before I go.
Rob

If anybody is interested, I am planning on playing a round at Avalon Golf Links in Burlington, WA next Sunday, August 3rd - not sure what time yet. They give out a free round of golf on your birthday, and mine is the 3rd so I'm all over that! If anyone happens to be free and wants to join, let me know!

Gonna go ahead and bump this - with the update that I am probably shooting for a 9 or 930am tee time. Would like to make a tee time by sometime tomorrow to make sure they don't get snatched up!

I may be avilable. Have to see if I can switch my shift.

I may be avilable. Have to see if I can switch my shift.

Cool - if not though no worries, there will be other times.

So...Titleist woods I see??? Nice pickup dude!

Cool - if not though no worries, there will be other times.

So...Titleist woods I see??? Nice pickup dude!
Driver I bought outright for 85$ shipped, won the 3 wood in auction for 35$. Slick deals, should be here mid week. Thinking time to change up the old persimmons.

Driver I bought outright for 85$ shipped, won the 3 wood in auction for 35$. Slick deals, should be here mid week. Thinking time to change up the old persimmons.

Nice! The 910 is a hell of a great club, and you hit my 4w pretty darn well. Should serve you well I'd think.

Nice! The 910 is a hell of a great club, and you hit my 4w pretty darn well. Should serve you well I'd think.

My bad swings were still playable and not too much distance loss. It was a magical club for sure. Mine needes to be hit right in the centre otherwise who knows. Good to limit your bad shots somehow. Its not how good you play sometimes. It is how bad yiur misses are. Im starting to see that more clear.

Would love to but Tuesday is a no go. If you get out for twilight Wednesday or Thursday it's a possibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would love to but Tuesday is a no go. If you get out for twilight Wednesday or Thursday it's a possibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Maybe Thursday...its a long shot but I'll try.

Yessir I can play Thursday. Anywhere in particular you want to play? I get off work in Burnaby at 3:30.
I may be able to come as well then.

Back