What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played a full round with the 2014 B330RX today and I have to say that even though my swing wasn't quite there it performed well

The only issue was mine in not being used to the extra bite that it provides over my usual e6 so I found myself short a few times when I was expecting more release, but fortunately my short game was able to save me a few shots today at times

After about a month of testing multiple premium golf balls, and really enjoying the b330 series, I played today with my trusted favorite: Prov1x. My last several rounds I just couldn't dial my approach shots in, and was having problems trusting my spin on short game shots. Put the PV1x into play and it was like the ball could read my mind on how I wanted to play the shot.

This is not a negative shot at the B330 series, they are great balls....if there was no such thing as a Prov1x I could get used their performance traits. But for me this past month has shown me how great the Pv1x really is, and I'm done experimenting. When it counts, I'll count on my Titleist Prov1x.

I've been trying the new Nike Platinum the last few rounds and while I love the feel and durability, something just seems off. It could be entirely luck, but in the past 6 rounds I've lost 4 balls, and all were the Ps. And I've only been using them on holes I'm not concerned with losing balls because I'm trying them out and trying to make them last. Just seems like a bad shot with them ends up really bad. Could (and likely is) just a coincidence, but seems odd enough to comment on it.

Played the tour prefered today and loved it. Great ball. Was windy today and it handled the wind really well
Some of the bombs you launched into those winds were unbelievable. Great day with the driver, for sure. How much of that was the new shaft and how much was the ball?

Some of the bombs you launched into those winds were unbelievable. Great day with the driver, for sure. How much of that was the new shaft and how much was the ball?
I think perhaps a little of both :)

Bridgestone 330RX today, continued to impress me in all areas. I think it's the longest ball I've played this year.

330-S. I wasn't getting as much distance off the tees as I've come to expect but the irons seemed to be going about 1/2 a club longer than normal. Weird.

Sticking with my Srixon Z Star XV. Best ball I've ever played.

TaylorMade Penta TP 3. Truer roll. An extra roll matters.

Played the TaylorMade Project A. I wasn't expecting to like this ball as much as I did. I was mostly worried about high spin or loss of distance off the tee but it flew straight and in the same distance range as the Lethal.

On the green this baby was dancing. I hit a few shots lower than I wanted to. I expected the ball to be on the back fringe multiple times and every time it stopped nicely and in a couple cases was actually short as it came back on me. I think I could get use to this!

sent from The Note 3

Supersoft. This thing is a beast for me. I get a huge deal of compression and it just explodes for me.

Favorite ball ever.

yry3egej.jpg

Just like the title says, what golf ball were you using last round and what are your thoughts on it.

Played Nike Vapor Black. I really liked it, had good feel and about 8 yards longer off the tee on average. Ball had good control in my short game within 70-80 yards around the green. Still generated backspin nicely and had no issues on a few sand shots. Overall for the money ($25.00 for a dozen) I think it's a solid buy. I will continue to use them, I would like to try the SR2 but refuse to pay 50 bucks for golf balls.

I played a Callaway Hex Black yesterday and really liked how it performed. I only lost one ball and it was on a tough tee shot that I just straight blocked left other than that it just fit my game very well tee to green. Going to have to look at getting some more of these.

Played Nike Vapor Black. I really liked it, had good feel and about 8 yards longer off the tee on average. Ball had good control in my short game within 70-80 yards around the green. Still generated backspin nicely and had no issues on a few sand shots. Overall for the money ($25.00 for a dozen) I think it's a solid buy. I will continue to use them, I would like to try the SR2 but refuse to pay 50 bucks for golf balls.
For the money the Nike Vapor Blacks are a very good ball. The price is definitely right last season I bought a bunch off eBay and they lasted me all season. I know Dicks had them on sale 2 dozen for 40 bucks near me.

I played a mix of Tour Preferred and Project A golf balls over the weekend at the MC. Honestly it was hard to tell any real difference.

I know a lot of guys like the wilson staff duos as a cold weather ball but they are my all season ball. I have hit my longest drives of the year when playing it.

I know a lot of guys like the wilson staff duos as a cold weather ball but they are my all season ball. I have hit my longest drives of the year when playing it.
Interesting I saw those last time I was at the store gonna have to try some next time.

I am now addicted to the Callaway sr2. Tons of distance, and plenty of spin with the wedges. Love it to death.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Been playing the TM Project (a) and the Bridgestone e5 for the last month or so. Like the e5 off the tee but like the Project (a) everywhere else. Also the Project (a) seems to have a slightly softer feel. Both really good balls that putt true and hold greens.

Played the B330-RX today, it held up really well. Hit a tree and still looked brand new.

It had a bit too much spin for me off the tee and longer irons though. Loved it off wedges, but I think I'll stick with the e6 for now.

Been playing the TM Lethal and love them, such great feel from tee to green. The only issue is I keep losing them to errant shots, the other day I hit a shot right at the pin and ended up flying the green into a creek behind it. Also been using ProV1's and love there all around performance.

Played a 2012 B330-S yesterday in league. I've always thought that I didn't have the swing speed for these but I was crushing it off the tee and my iron distances were pretty solid. Thinking of making the switch...

I am going Lethal or Project a

I continue to play the SR2 or supersoft. The SR2 gives me more distance but I will say the Supersoft just bites the green and holds on.

Back