Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came into some extra money. So I am thinking of new set of irons. Something a little less offset then my Ping G-25's. I was thinking AP 1's, I 25's and maybe something from Mizuno.

you gotta try the apex irons

If this left hand/wrist pain doesn't subside (been dealing with discomfort since early June), I will be pondering graphite shafts
I dealt with that all year last summer with my right wrist/shoulder. And now coming off my injury, I've switched to Recoils. No feedback yet because I'm not swinging yet though.

I dealt with that all year last summer with my right wrist/shoulder. And now coming off my injury, I've switched to Recoils. No feedback yet because I'm not swinging yet though.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you get the green light to get back out there

I watched rbarthle17 pound his all day long at Purgatory in Indianapolis. I'm not sold on the mini driver in theory for me, but it certainly works for some.

Not wanting to get back into the Holy War that broke out regarding this versus a cut down full-sized driver. Only thing I would suggest is to go try this out before buying it. Pete is 100% right, it's not for everyone. I swear by mine, but I only speak for myself.

I shouldn't be pondering anything, but I am still thinking about taking out my 4&5h in favor of my 4&5i and slipping a lower lofted hybrid in between them and whatever wood 3/5/7 stays in the bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yesterday went to a pro-less DSG and took some 3/4W into the bay. Was hitting the JetSpeed well (for me) and the X2Hot. The guy handed me a Nickent F26 and it put up similar numbers. It cost $35. So I have a new adjustable 3/4W.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

Yesterday went to a pro-less DSG and took some 3/4W into the bay. Was hitting the JetSpeed well (for me) and the X2Hot. The guy handed me a Nickent F26 and it put up similar numbers. It cost $35. So I have a new adjustable 3/4W.

Nickent makes a good product. Was that used?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I think the F26 stuff is the new Nickent.. not the original company. I believe this one is now owned by Dicks and doesn't employ the same people who made those original hybrids.

you gotta try the apex irons

I was just at Golf Smith and hit the Apex irons. They are really nice. I am in full pondering mode.

I think the F26 stuff is the new Nickent.. not the original company. I believe this one is now owned by Dicks and doesn't employ the same people who made those original hybrids.

Maybe, but hard for me to ignore the results. In my hands the F26 performed just as well.

Maybe, but hard for me to ignore the results. In my hands the F26 performed just as well.

Nothing wrong with the club.. Just stating the fact. I am glad it is working for you

Ponder officially a purchase :)

Turns out the old Ping Zing 2 irons I've been playing since I got into this game must have been longer than standard shafts. The standard specs back then had shorter shafts than current irons, yet my Ping 5 iron is the same length as my Mizuno 4 iron!

u3y3a2ym.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ponder officially a purchase :)

Turns out the old Ping Zing 2 irons I've been playing since I got into this game must have been longer than standard shafts. The standard specs back then had shorter shafts than current irons, yet my Ping 5 iron is the same length as my Mizuno 4 iron!

u3y3a2ym.jpg

Good purchase! Time to update that signature...

A set of used mizuno mp-68's in good shape 3 - PW with TT DG X100 shafts and 60° MPR and 52° MPT11 wedges. $250 for everything. Deal or no deal?

Bettinardi BB54... Found one for a steal locally, but I don't really need it.

Good purchase! Time to update that signature...

Thanks! Of course first day out with them I tweaked my back on the 3rd hole lol. I'll work on the sig soon with my mish mash bag lol.

Ordered an Adams Super S 3-wood from Global Golf. Been playing the F11 so I figured I'd upgrade.

Currently pondering a Fuji Fuel shaft for my 913

Sent from my SM-G900V

Anyone know of a good coupon code for Callaway Golf Preowned?

Need to get a new bag. Looking for a light-weight stand bag for walking, hoping to keep it under $100.

In person, the Tour Trek 2.0 looked pretty good. Nice leg mechanism, 8-way divider, felt very light.

Also saw a new Ogio Vaporlite on Craigslist with the Woode divider. Looks interesting.

Any opinions or other options to consider?

Rife Abaco... my inner putter ho keeps talking dirty to me.

Need to get a new bag. Looking for a light-weight stand bag for walking, hoping to keep it under $100.

In person, the Tour Trek 2.0 looked pretty good. Nice leg mechanism, 8-way divider, felt very light.

Also saw a new Ogio Vaporlite on Craigslist with the Woode divider. Looks interesting.

i saw some sun mountain tree5 last years models on the cheap online, they are great bags

I'd be all over that vaporlite. My next bag will have the woode divider

Anyone know of a good coupon code for Callaway Golf Preowned?

what are you trying to buy? we sell them about half of the stuff they have on there!!

I was looking closely at the sale Sun Mountain 3.5 as well. The Ogio Vaporlite was 100 so not any cheaper plus it's an older bag. Reviews on Ogio quality are mixed.

I love the Woode divider concept but it seems the consensus is the Sun Mountain bags are better built and lighter weight. I only walk FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back