ScarletKnight92

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, first post/thread on here. Just wanted some opinions on a new set of clubs. I've hit my old R7's since theyve came out and despite loving them. Its time to move onto something better. Ive been looking at the following and would like some insight, personal reviews, and opinions:

Cobra Amp Cell Pros
SLDRS
Ping I 25
Cleveland 788 tt's
Cobra Bio Cell

Thanks in advance, look forward to getting involved on the forum :banana:

All good choices. I demo'd all but the Amp cell and SLDRs. I played the I-20s and was thinking of going with the I-25/ but didn't like feel or contact. IMO the TTs BioCell and are very forgiving and will add distance to what you are currently playing but then again compared to the R7 they will all do that. Try to find a good place to demo them and see what you like best and I doubt you will go wrong with any of the ones you are considering. Cost wise the TTs will be the less expensive as they are now on the end of their 2 year cycle. On a side note many of the Cleveland tour pros are carrying the MTs in long irons.

First of all, welcome to THP!

Although I have never personally gamed any of the sets you mentioned (other than testing a Bio Cell 6 iron), I have read several good reviews of each and every one of those sets. I saw that a lot of guys were thrilled with the performance, especially the distance, they were getting from the SLDR this past weekend at the Morgan Cup.

All good choices. I demo'd all but the Amp cell and SLDRs. I played the I-20s and was thinking of going with the I-25/ but didn't like feel or contact. IMO the TTs BioCell and are very forgiving and will add distance to what you are currently playing but then again compared to the R7 they will all do that. Try to find a good place to demo them and see what you like best and I doubt you will go wrong with any of the ones you are considering. Cost wise the TTs will be the less expensive as they are now on the end of their 2 year cycle. On a side note many of the Cleveland tour pros are carrying the MTs in long irons.
Thanks for the reply. Ive found deals on all of them being pretty decently prices in these ranges:

TT's 3-400(not really sure i like their approach look yet. A little wide, yet not at the same time)
SLDRS: 4-500
Cobras: 4-500+

Like you said im sure all these will help my im well overdue for a new set. Its been years, with work & other expenses I just havent had the ability to grab new clubs im totally sold on. Oddly enough i still strike and play my R7's really well, but its definitely time for a change. Yeah i also saw that combo with the TT & MT's in a few pro bags. Very interesting indeed. Thanks

First of all, welcome to THP!

Although I have never personally gamed any of the sets you mentioned (other than testing a Bio Cell 6 iron), I have read several good reviews of each and every one of those sets. I saw that a lot of guys were thrilled with the performance, especially the distance, they were getting from the SLDR this past weekend at the Morgan Cup.

Thanks sox fan!

Yeah I am kinda partial to TM because ive been playing mine since they came out, love the feel and distance although workability I find tougher in them. Really just have been intrigued with what Cobra has been doing recently. Those two are my top contenders right now with i25's coming in with slightly less interest.

I have hit those at one point they are all very capable the SLDR and the Cleveland are my favorite

I have hit those at one point they are all very capable the SLDR and the Cleveland are my favorite
SLDRS really got me too, really just hate the resale drops and how TM keeps pumping out more and more club sets.

SLDRS really got me too, really just hate the resale drops and how TM keeps pumping out more and more club sets.
If resale is even remotely important to you avoid Cleveland and Taylor made like the plague. Stick with Ping or Titleist if it really matters to you.

If resale is even remotely important to you avoid Cleveland and Taylor made like the plague. Stick with Ping or Titleist if it really matters to you.

Or Mizuno. Even 15 year old sets of Mizunos still seem to command decent prices on the Bay.

I mean its not even a large concern, when i purchase a set i really like i tend to hold onto them for years. Why fix whats not broken, but i hate seeing the tremendous amount i could avoid paying by waiting say a month or so when they drop an impromptu set!

Clevelands are cheap enough where that wouldnt concern me what so ever.

and @skibumgolfer, never once swung a set of mizunos. May have to give them a swing.

Back