South Central PA course chat

rmthawk64

Reaction score
Handicap
short game
After about 5 minutes of searching I couldn't find anything on this topic to bump, so figured I'd start it's own thread.

Anyone else in here in the South Central PA area? Last year was my first year golfing so I don't have extensive knowledge of courses that are over 10-15 miles from me.

Home course is http://www.southhillsgc.com/. A nice little course with 3 9 hole tracks. Great staff and all around good club. I know the 2 courses in Gettysburg (The Links at Gettysburg and The Bridges Golf Club) are both supposed to be super nice. Sadly I haven't made that short trip yet, but will be this year.

What other local courses should I know about/check out?

I can't be the only one from this area on THP!

I am from NW PA, but I have played Dauphin Highlands in Harrisburg. Pretty nice track for a public course. There are quite a few of us from PA, plus a few guys around the DC area.

Any suggestions for courses in and around York, PA in early September?

Briarwood has 2 courses. The Bridges. Heritage Hills, Cool Creek. I could go on for awhile. Lots of nice courses at decent prices

Briarwood has 2 courses. The Bridges. Heritage Hills, Cool Creek. I could go on for awhile. Lots of nice courses at decent prices

I wouldn't want to pay more than $80, what would be your top two choices be?

Bridges is a tough course. I believe we paid 40 to play. Heritage Hills would be the second. I played there last week as a birthday gift

I know this is an old thread but came across it and thought I'd post. I live just in between York and Harrisburg. If you're around the York Area I'd recommend Royal Manchester. Nice links style course. A little more on the pricey side but during summer months it still comes under $80. Penn National is always a nice course as well.

Southcentral PA means a lot of different places to different people. I grew up in Lancaster and played pitch and putt at Evergreen in Manheim, but didn't really take up golf until after college.

I played Heritage Hills in November 2012 so it was cold and windy. The course and staff seemed nice though.
I really like Iron Valley (Lebanon) and Pilgrim's Oak (Peach Bottom). Foxchase (Ephrata/Stevens) is good and fairly straightforward. Overlook (Lancaster) is also reasonably straightforward. I played Inniscrone (Avondale) once and liked it, but would like to play it again and I've been told that Crossgates (Millersville) is good, but short. I think I played Cool Creek (Wrightsville) once growing up, but I really can't speak to much on the west side of the Susquehanna.

Back