Recap Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup

The announcement of Jake could only have been better if Jim Ross himself was there to comment on the announcement

Puttin4Bird! MY GOD IT'S PUTTIN4BIRD!

dusty...thank you james.

I like I said yesterday we are more similar than people think and one of my favorite things I take away the most from this event was getting to hang out with you. You wear your heart on your sleeve (as do I) which is tough for people to comprehend sometimes but it is who you are and never let anyone tell you otherwise.

I meant every single effing word I said Sunday night buddy, and look forward to our friendship blossoming even more

Now I'm getting choked up again......that just made my week Ryan!

Does Big Time Nate cry Big Time Tears? :act-up:

Adam -- You're dad is awesome, and so is your game. I'm glad that I was able to get a round in with you.

Thanks Seth. I'm not sure I would call that a round with me as much as I would call it Jeremiah and I participating in the Seth and Ryan Golf Clinic brought to you by The Hackers Paradise. It was a real treat to watch you both play.

Cant wait to read it buddy. I went over to talk to you Sunday night and you were gone. I was so bummed. But we have a chance to play together some day. I know it.

Damn! I'm really disappointed to hear that. I was so tired that I didn't think I could stand for another minute. I'm sure we'll get a round or two in at some point.

Gawd dammmm Jake. I finally get my composure and that big goon brings me crashing back down.
The minute we surprised Howzat is one I will never forget.

JB: I heard the devistating news about Flog. It tears my heart up.
Erik: I have no idea what to do.
JB: I have an idea. [Opens Door to bedroom]
Erik: OMG!
Big Goon? Haha!!

Sorry dude, but know this....you've got a friend for life in me. We've seen our fair share of ups and downs but we can always talk about it and keep the thing we both love most (THP and it's members) on the forefront. I'll be a part of this place for as long as you'll let me dude. I love it!

Sunday Singles, I am in the second group and after we all hit our tee shots I turned around and Capt Donne was standing there with his Capt hat on. Donne you have no idea what that meant to me. You are the Jelly to my Peanut Butter! I am loud, talkative, boisterous, and generally a Pain in the Arse. But you are calm, cool, collected and genuinely one of the greatest people I have ever met! I love you like a fat kid loves cake, like Homer loves doughnuts and I like to talk.

Tudor....Brother I loved every minute we got to play together. I am lucky to call you a friend.

These are just a few of the highlights of my weekend. I am working on putting everything together...To be frank I am a wreck right now. As hard as the vets tried you cannot explain this emotion until you have it you cannot explain it. Reading all the recaps is really helping.

It was great seeing you fight so hard on Sunday. Most guys would have given up on 15 when Matt had you dead to rights (the kid can play) but you didn't give up and battled your heart out. It was awesome watching you guys go back and forth on the last few holes. So proud of you.

Some random thoughts while ddumping.

3. Yes after 36 holes on Thursday my shorts did indeed smell like aaaaassssss.

7. I could talk to my buddy Spicoli all day long. Such a good dude wish we could tee it up more frequently.

More to come

So glad I was not part of #3.

Wish I could have been more part of #7. I hated how I missed dinner on Thursday and had to leave Sunday. You have no idea how stoked I got seeing that text asking me where I was on Thursday.

It was great seeing you fight so hard on Sunday. Most guys would have given up on 15 when Matt had you dead to rights (the kid can play) but you didn't give up and battled your heart out. It was awesome watching you guys go back and forth on the last few holes. So proud of you.

So glad I was not part of #3.

Wish I could have been more part of #7. I hated how I missed dinner on Thursday and had to leave Sunday. You have no idea how stoked I got seeing that text asking me where I was on Thursday.
Well there's always next year when I can let you down in yet another Invitational lol. Great seeing you again buddy and keep in touch

Part 3 - Team THP and Family

Volunteers - I love you all. You killed it, you effing killed it. You SO SO SO effing killed it.

I think I speak for all the volunteers when I say that all 40 of you made us look good. Each and every one of you worked on your games and it showed. If we did indeed kill it, that was because you guys killed it with your preparation and execution during the event. some VERY good golf was played & we thank you for the dedication.

Recap Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup

La a Playa

Server: Will this be one check or separate checks?

Panda:separate checks please

Server: it will be one check

Panda: we really need separate checks

In the end we got one check for $800 dollars and got it paid, even the meals we didn't get.

No mas la playa

Last edited:
Watching the emotional roller coaster ride of Smithfaced on Sundays singles round was something I will never forget. And the way he handled it with interviews and and attitude is a real testament to the kind of guy he is.
Jordan was truly awesome. I had an incredible match with him and it was an honor to have it go down to 18 with him. Some of my fondest memories from the weekend!

Gawd dammmm Jake. I finally get my composure and that big goon brings me crashing back down.
The minute we surprised Howzat is one I will never forget.

JB: I heard the devistating news about Flog. It tears my heart up.
Erik: I have no idea what to do.
JB: I have an idea. [Opens Door to bedroom]
Erik: OMG!

The video would have been NSFW. Here are a couple of pics Trisha grabbed:

uguseby9.jpg

4ymu6aza.jpg

La a Playa

In the end we got one check for $800 dollars and got it paid, even the meals we didn't get.

No mas la playa

haha, in the words of my great friend TroutBum, we shoulda gone ta HABANERO!!!!

La a Playa

No mas la playa
And the room escalated from 12 people to 35 pretty darn fast

Watching WCHM on the first tee during the practice round was hilarious! A mixture of to much caffeine, ADHD, and shear excitement. Dude was pinging. There were a ton of laughs that round!

Watching WCHM on the first tee during the practice round was hilarious! A mixture of to much caffeine, ADHD, and shear excitement. Dude was pinging. There were a ton of laughs that round!

I am fairly certain there were sparks flying every time he moved from all the electricity in his veins.

You could tell from that very moment what depth of importance the Morgan Cup had with him. I loved watching it.

And the room escalated from 12 people to 35 pretty darn fast

Or Panda and beags exchange over his shirt. Memories that will last forever.

Classic line of the night from Ricky..."there's your better half" My response, "Where?"

La a Playa

No mas la playa

Which reminded me a big shout out to TNT/Trevor and MikeG as they ended up putting up a few hundred extra into the pot when the check was still short. A big thank you to them for doing that!

Which reminded me a big shout out to TNT/Trevor and MikeG as they ended up putting up a few hundred extra into the pot when the check was still short. A big thank you to them for doing that!
No idea that happened, but thank you to those generous dudes. La Playa was no bueno, but for some reason it is the official restaurante of @Clive75 a.k.a. @Caledonia72

La Playa created more swamp ass on Wed night than all the competitive rounds put together!

#LaPlayaHot

Yes, men of purpose and character. It made things a bit easier.

Morgan Cup Recap Part 2: Staff Sponsor Day

I woke up well before my alarm was set and went over the beautiful Bobby Jones scripting that I had picked up the night before. Was this really about to happen? Jordan/Smithfaced and Henri/Castor Hades were soon to wake, and we walked out of our villa to see a few others decked out in their great apparel. The nervous excitement was in the air, and we made our way to the restaurant at True Blue for breakfast with the rest of Team Paradise. Every THPer in the room was all smiles, some moving a bit restlessly as we knew what was waiting for us on the range. I can't forget the moment Marc/Trout/Wicked Cool Homeless Man walked in with his flat brim on backwards. I haven't heard so many grown men giggle in a long while.

Spoiler
10419960_10202692733820793_5152749762639834575_n.jpg

After breakfast the hallway in the clubhouse started to fill up with more and more eager THPers awaiting the call to the range. We checked our phones. We checked our watches. 5 more minutes to go, and Freddie/Tadashi climbed up a ladder in the hallway to get a great GoPro shot of us kids, waiting for Christmas morning. The call came, and we filed out of there in quick fashion, while all the volunteers and some family members took pictures and video (can't wait to see that footage). The moment the line of staff bags came into view, all I could hear were gasps, signs, excited exclamations of joy. Our fast walk turned into a jog as everyone got behind their bags and started to tear off plastic, open pockets that contained wonderful surprises, and just drooled over our gear. After some photos, we were split into our company teams and I was able to take a close look at the prerelease gear that our Cleveland/Srixon reps had fought to get us. Unreal. We gushed about the Bobby Jones apparel on camera (such amazing quality) and hit balls while waiting for Keith to arrive. Keith is such an amazing person, and was instrumental in us getting this exclusive equipment that NOBODY save for their Tour Pros and R&D staff had laid eyes on. Staff Sponsor Day for us CGSrixon guys was to be laid back due to embargo restraints, and Keith's personality meshed with ours incredibly well. As chill a dude as he is, we were still pleasantly surprised when he walked up with two coolers full of coors light on the range. It had to only be 10:30-11AM, but we all smiled and had a cold one on that incredibly hot and humid morning.

Seeing all the sponsor reps do everything in their power for all 40 of us was such a blessing. Thank you to Cleveland/Srixon, Callaway, Cobra/Puma, TaylorMade, and Bridgestone for EVERYTHING they did to make this one of the greatest experiences ever...and hands down much better than any Media Day in the past.

We all had a great lunch at True Blue before our 9-hole practice round, and it was so cool to see my 7 CGSrixon brothers jump up when their woods had arrived at the clubhouse (JB, you made my heart skip a beat when you called me from my table, but then remembered I was a lefty...#LeftyProblems). People are going to really like this upcoming line from Srixon. I mean really, REALLY like it.

The team packed our gear onto the carts just as the clouds opened up. Keith, again...what a trooper, waiting in a cart in the rain on the 10th tee just so he could be with his team for the round, even when it got washed out before we could even put a tee in the ground. While we were waiting, I heard the devastating news about my teammate Kyle/Flog having to leave the event. As Matt/mpeterson, my cart mate, can attest, I was fighting back tears in spots after hearing it.

Kyle, you are my brother and we ALL were so devastated for you. I cannot fathom how tough it was and still is for you having to go through this experience. When I hugged you goodbye at the clubhouse, I almost lost it completely...and looking around at my fellow teammates, they were feeling the same way. You are an incredible man with a big game and an even bigger heart, and I look forward to the next time we will get to tee it up. It's got to happen.

After sending Kyle off, I found myself with a drink on the True Blue deck overlooking 18, thoughts swirling through my head. It was good to have my Paradise brother Henri as well as Keith there to distract me with good conversation as I looked down one of the most beautiful finishing holes I've ever laid eyes on.

Spoiler
1910630_10202694135975846_1392516804686010119_n.jpg

After a shower and a change of clothes, we were back at the clubhouse for a wonderful dinner and the announcement of our Sunday singles matchups. What were Josh and Morgan going to do about the situation with Kyle? Who was going to step into his place? And then JakeNation walks through the doorway and it was absolute pandemonium. While it shouldn't have had to happen this way, Jake really was the perfect man to step in, and I'll never forget that moment. Mingling with THPers into the late evening, I still had that one butterfly in my stomach...the one that would turn into a swarm on the 10th tee the next morning.

Some other memorable moments from Friday:
- Team Bridgestone's "Suck it, Titleist!" and Dan/Canadan's face when he had to chant, "USA! USA!"
- Hashtag Chad's GoPro photos and watching a few bomb that Apex UI
- Me chunking my first iron shot of the day and WCBM said, "If it's your first swing, then it has to be the club's fault."
- Kenn from TM changing weights, shafts, and running out to get more gloves, shoes, and balls for his staffers. Also, TaylorMade stories at dinner.
- That cool looking TelePresence robot.
- Accidentally putting my sweaty swamp a$$ next to AdamW238's face at lunch and his reaction of sheer horror. "I owe you one." he said. I have a feeling he still wants payback, hehe.

Oh man totally forgot about the robot

Oh man totally forgot about the robot

That robot was just another top notch display by Bridgestone and their staff wanting to stay a part of the action of #THPMC! They looked as excited if not more than us!

Back