2 1/2 Cup flour
1 Cup water (may need more depending on temperature and humidity)
Two packets of yeast
Splash of olive oil
Large pinch of salt

If you own a stand mixer, throw everything in with a dough hook and mix. Add more water if dough looks dry. Add more Floyd if dough is sticky. It should pull away from bowl but still hold together. Should take about 10 min total.

If no stand mixer, combine everything together and knead for about 20-30 minutes. I find that doing to separate kneading sessions (with maybe a minute or two gap in between) makes the dough a little better.

After combined, add to bowl, coat lightly with olive oil, and cover with a towel. Let rise for at least an hour.

This should make two pretty decent sized pizzas.

That's pretty much it. I will just add don't over-knead it. That starts to break down the starch and activate the elastic protein, gluten, which makes the dough tough and chewy.

Enjoy! Damn, I'm getting hungry.

So, back to Pizza. Anyone ever have Tacconelli's in Philadelphia - the place is so popular you have to reserve the dough ahead of time.

I will have to check it out I just moved the the Philadelphia area.

Yes! I grew up on 3rd st, and a visit to John's was always a special treat. Crust was so thin sometimes you needed a fork and knife. So delicious.

I wonder, are they still there?

Yep John's is still there. Still cash only and no slices.

Yep John's is still there. Still cash only and no slices.

Cool. I'm gonna have to bring the family there the next time we're in NY. I forgot about John's until your post, it's been so long. Thanks.

probably best, thinnest i've ever had in 65+ years:
Paolini's [now Nancy's] Towne House Tavern in Rahway NJ.

Pizzeria Sapienza in downtown Albany. One slice isn't enough, two are too many.

EC4929F2-52C3-4575-8945-ED8ED4838FB9_zpsrweskff2.jpg

I kind of want this for lunch

Compared to Massey's?

It's margherita pizza day!

ffbe2a83214a32d3539c931471e9b3c3.jpg

BOOM

Ginos Pizza in Manhasset, NY (Long Island/Nassau County) - amazing grandmas, buffalo chicken, regular, meat pinwheels, etc.

Back