To Hard step or not to hard step

capt.dru

Reaction score
Handicap
Through a crazy trade with one of my dad's friends, I was able to score a set of JPX 800 Pro's 4-GW with some DG R300's for one of my fishing rods. I tried them with these shafts and they were too heavy for me and kinda felt like crap. So I went to my local EW to try some different shafts. I tried the XP S300's, XP 105's in a JPX 825 Pro. Got some decent numbers from the S 300's but didnt really like the feel. The XP 105's were terrible for me, so I tossed out that option. Next I tried the KBS Tour S and loved the feel but were still a little heavy. Niteowl was kind enough to put a Tour 90S for me to try out. I put the 6i in play yesterday and loved the feel and the ball flight. I hard a high penetrating ball flight. So today I took it to EW to get some numbers. I am set about going with these shafts. I just dont know if I should play them straight and maybe get a little more launch and spin or play the hard stepped once. Looking for some advice from some THPER'S. I always like to get second opinions to make sure I am not missing anything. Here is the pic with the numbers.

a9y3u2yt.jpg

I may be wrong, but the spin on that 6 iron seems awfully low.

It is. But all the shafts that I tested, I never got above 5500 and wasnt seeing the dispersion that I am seeing with these.

Back