Rebuilding The Bag from SCRATCH!

Mate, I used to religiously carry a 3wood to maybe use is once or twice a round, recently I have dropped it out of the bag and replaced it with a hybrid (XXIO 17.5*) and I doubt I will go back, I find the versatility of the hybrid gives me more options that the 3 wood did - long par 3's, rough lies or even approach shots, the shorter shaft provides a more consistent shot - I may have sacrificed 10-15 in distance but more than made up for it with consistency

This is exactly what I've been wanting to do. Glad to see I'm not the only one with the same issue haha!

There are no par 3's on my course over 225 yards so I can get to any of them with a 3 or 4 iron. Anytime I'm a perfect 250 out from the green on a par 5 sitting perfect on the fairway, I lay up with a 7 iron and have about 80 yards in for a nice sand wedge. You can't use the 3 wood out of the rough and for me it's just overall a lot harder to hit pure, for my swing anyways.

Driver, hybrid, 3-pw, 52, 56, 60 is what I'm thinking for right now.

Has anyone here hit the new Method putters? They look sweet, definitely will be hitting one my next trip to Golf Town.

This is exactly what I've been wanting to do. Glad to see I'm not the only one with the same issue haha!

There are no par 3's on my course over 225 yards so I can get to any of them with a 3 or 4 iron. Anytime I'm a perfect 250 out from the green on a par 5 sitting perfect on the fairway, I lay up with a 7 iron and have about 80 yards in for a nice sand wedge. You can't use the 3 wood out of the rough and for me it's just overall a lot harder to hit pure, for my swing anyways.

Driver, hybrid, 3-pw, 52, 56, 60 is what I'm thinking for right now.

Has anyone here hit the new Method putters? They look sweet, definitely will be hitting one my next trip to Golf Town.

Sounds like you have a solid game plan for your set up, just need to get out and hit some of the options you're looking at. Good luck, but have fun, too!

Haven't been able to try out any wedges yet. I think the SM5's are going to be tough to beat, I hear nothing but positive things from them.

For wedges I would take a look at SCOR wedges. I just put them in the bag at the beginning of this year, and I absolutely love them.

Another wedge you might want to look at is the Hopkins wedges, they have received a lot of good reviews.

Just giving you some ideas, the SM5 wedges are great as well.

JOEE;3197299 Driver said:
Seems a very sensible setup, particularly as the hybrid gives you a safe option off the tee. Very jealous of the opportunity and would also add my support to going and getting properly custom fit. Find someone independent with good reviews - I think there's a list of the top 100 somewhere online - and have at it. I plan to in about ten years when I a) have the money, and b) am down to a 5 cap. I can't think of many things more fun than having a proper fitting session either. Whatever you do, good luck :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems a very sensible setup, particularly as the hybrid gives you a safe option off the tee. Very jealous of the opportunity and would also add my support to going and getting properly custom fit. Find someone independent with good reviews - I think there's a list of the top 100 somewhere online - and have at it. I plan to in about ten years when I a) have the money, and b) am down to a 5 cap. I can't think of many things more fun than having a proper fitting session either. Whatever you do, good luck :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never had a custom fitting. My entire previous set was bought from the shelves and the only modifications I had made was with the loft.

I'll definitely be getting one this time around. Being brand new to it, are there certain things I should be looking for them to do? I want to get the full advantage of the fitting but just don't know what I should be looking for.

Back