Dustin Johnson Taking Leave From Golf

Oh wow. 6 months?

I hope he can get it together. I would hate for him to look back at his life and wonder what could have been.

Shocked the tour would leak those details. If that stuff about the Tour players wife is true....ugh....

Sounds like this is a last chance to get it in order. I hope he can beat this.

Interesting....from the article. Remember this?

In 2012, Johnson played the Cadillac Championship at Doral in March and then did not play again for 11 weeks, until the Memorial in late May. Johnson said at the time that he was not playing because he hurt his back while lifting a jet ski. However, Golf.com’s source says that Johnson was actually serving a suspension for failing a drug test for cocaine. The PGA Tour had no official comment at that time and Winkle denied that Johnson had been suspended.

Read more: http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/d...our-after-positive-test-cocaine#ixzz39AJUngo3

While it was rather known why DJ was taking the leave of absence, I do wish Golf.com wouldn't have completely aired his dirty laundry. Stuff about indiscretions with other players wives isn't necessary to the article.

Shocked the tour would leak those details. If that stuff about the Tour players wife is true....ugh....

Sounds like this is a last chance to get it in order. I hope he can beat this.

Had no idea about that until I saw the article. Don't know if it is true or the circumstance, but not cool.

We are so getting our tails kicked in the Ryder Cup this year.....with or without Tiger. This is going to be painful to watch I'm afraid.

We are so getting our tails kicked in the Ryder Cup this year.....with or without Tiger. This is going to be painful to watch I'm afraid.

Paging Jeff Spicoli... Please pick up the white Ryder Cup courtesy phone

While it was rather known why DJ was taking the leave of absence, I do wish Golf.com wouldn't have completely aired his dirty laundry. Stuff about indiscretions with other players wives isn't necessary to the article.

Very true. Definitely doesn't help his rep one bit. Sounds like he's made his share of screw ups, but he should be left to his own devices to fix them.

Now that its confirmed, we have a new thread on the topic.

I was surprised to hear that about him banging the other players wives, especially since most of the comments I heard from other players were all saying what a good guy/close friend he was etc.

Golf is full of young millionaires not unlike other sports that you hear about every other day. It just shows golf is not exempt from this kind of stuff the only difference is that the PGA does their best to keep it quiet. I hope he gets his life together and comes back a better man not just a better golfer and I hope that if the hot fiancée is part of the problem that he deals with that as well.

No issues with the rebuilding..... With Gretzky (Wayne) buying in it could be a positive thing really.

He's saying all the right things, and it sounds like he's at least trying to get his ish together. Hopefully he does. Will be interesting to see though.

I like DJ a lot. I don't know what went on personally, but glad he's getting the help he needed. It's funny, but having a kid really throws a "reality shock" into you & hopefully this is his beginning of a great run playing golf.

He's a fun guy to watch and I hope he can get back on track.

Looking forward to seeing DJ get back to the top. Already got me tickets tot he Farmers Insurance Open.

I'm a big fan of DJ. I can't wait to see him back. The interview sounded exactly like it would if he were really turning things around, but like it said - lets see if his actions follow. I'd love to see him come back and beat the snot out of everyone all year.

I really don't care what precipated his leave from the tour, but I am rooting for Dustin Johnson to find himself as a person. He has an incredible mentor with Wayne Gretzky and hopefully he has things turned around. Looking forward to seeing him back on the tour.

Back