The 59 Watch Thread

GO BIG RED!!!

Schnell shoots 59 in PGA TOUR Canada event
CALGARY, Alberta (AP) -- Brady Schnell shot a 13-under 59 on Friday in the ATB Financial Classic, holing out from 122 yards for eagle on the par-4 ninth hole to become the second player in PGA TOUR Canada history to break 60.
The 29-year-old Schnell, a former University of Nebraska player from Milford, Iowa, used a 52-degree gap wedge on the final hole at Sirocco Golf Club. He fell a stroke short of the PGA TOUR Canada record of 58 set by Jason Bohn on a par-71 course in the 2001 Bayer Championship.
"I guess you're always trying to hole it, but you don't expect it to happen for a 59," Schnell said. "I was just trying to make another birdie and get in and shoot 60 and just move up the leaderboard. I can't believe how it happened. That was just crazy.
"I hit a hard 52. I felt a little jacked up and it looked like it took a little skip forward and from back in the fairway it looked like it spun back a foot or two. I couldn't believe it when it dropped."
RELATED: Check out Schnell's scorecard

Hey Rory. -4 through 5.

Kevin Sutherland going OFF on the Champions Tour!

-13 through 16!

Two pars away from 59. I hope he birdies them.

EDIT: Sutherland just threw a dart on 17 and has a tap in birdie.

HOLY HELL he almost aced 17!

58 watch now lol

Wow... to like 2 feet for another birdie. Crazy

Too bad it is Chamblee giving all the extra commentary.. hate him.

Wow possible 58??? Crazy

-14 going into 18. Crazy.

Nothing to lose here. Might as well pull driver on 18.

Aaaaaaaaaah, he took it right.

I can't FATHOM the pressure.

A 28 on the front is just stupid. Holy hell

Looks to be a decent lie, hope he calms down and just thinks about par.

Gotta be a lot of pressure knowing you can make bogey for 59. Almost rather need a birdie for 59 to me

Methinks its getting into his head right now...but an interesting question with the wire.

Oh crap, that wire is really in play. Get that ruling quickly and move on.

Interesting.... replay if you hit the wire.

Now it's an up-and-down away from 58...come on!!!

Back