dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
Off to do my second Warrior a Dash. Last year I was in a lot better shape because I actually trained. This year I've been so focused on golf and my back issues, training has been put by the wayside. I'm not sure how it'll go but two things are for sure. I will get muddy and I will have fun!!

Have you ever done an event like this? How was it?!

Off to do my second Warrior a Dash. Last year I was in a lot better shape because I actually trained. This year I've been so focused on golf and my back issues, training has been put by the wayside. I'm not sure how it'll go but two things are for sure. I will get muddy and I will have fun!!

Have you ever done an event like this? How was it?!
I've done these in the past. It's a blast really. The one thing I noticed in doing these is it never really felt like "running", for me that's a good thing. Going out in heats like they do being bunched up going through the various obstacles, and "challenges" is fun. A turkey leg and a beer at the finish line is always a good thing.

I haven't done any yet but am planning to do tough mudder next year.

I've done 2 warrior dash races and 2 tough mudders. After running the tough mudder races the warrior dash seems like a walk in the park. It was fun but the tough mudder just beats you down and its around 11-13 miles.

I'd never complete the Tough Murder. I hate running with a passion. Today was incredibly tough and fun!!

vetuza7y.jpg
uvadu5up.jpg
ga3ubyre.jpg

I'd never complete the Tough Murder. I hate running with a passion. Today was incredibly tough and fun!!

vetuza7y.jpg
uvadu5up.jpg
ga3ubyre.jpg

Congrats! Looks like you had a great time. You would be surprised about the tough mudder, I hate running too, but it was a blast and a lot of the obstacles are as much mental as physical. Although I did start cramping in my calves around mile 9, I struggled through it.

I am worried about the distance in tough mudder and that's whymi am putting off til next year so I can train.

I am worried about the distance in tough mudder and that's whymi am putting off til next year so I can train.
Besides running I did a lot of circuit training also. Work on pull-ups because you are constantly pulling yourself over walls and climbing stuff. My last one was last year at 49 years old, made it through, bruised and battered but nothing broke!

Do the mudder. 54 years old and did one this spring. Had to train for 4 months but got in great shape. One of the hardest, most fun and best things I have ever done. MUDDER NATION

Congrats! Looks like you had a great time. You would be surprised about the tough mudder, I hate running too, but it was a blast and a lot of the obstacles are as much mental as physical. Although I did start cramping in my calves around mile 9, I struggled through it.

Yeah, I get really bored running. My attention span is like a small child....probably why I struggle with golf. I also don't like the electricity involved with the tough mudder. My dad is an electrician and he's got me shocked too many times..ha. He thinks it's hilarious. But yeah, the 3.2 miles is pretty crazy for me. I just LOVE the obstacles though. Just sooooooo much fun. I did it in about 37 minutes. Last year was 33 something but they changed it up and this year was a MUCH harder layout.... It also didn't help I spent last week in Mexico putting on 7 pounds. Good times!

Back