Guns - If you could just have one

I bet it goes bang and send a bullet down range. Like every other gun.

I've seen variability between trigger pull and pull weight that's why I like to shoot guns before I buy them. For example, my M&P was originally had a 7.5 pound pull and I bought it knowing I could have some apex tactical kits installed. I got it down to 5.0 pounds and the trigger is smooth and breaks cleanly. A dealer friend of mine has used stock or store owned guns that he let's me shoot at their range before I buy one like it

I've seen variability between trigger pull and pull weight that's why I like to shoot guns before I buy them. For example, my M&P was originally had a 7.5 pound pull and I bought it knowing I could have some apex tactical kits installed. I got it down to 5.0 pounds and the trigger is smooth and breaks cleanly. A dealer friend of mine has used stock or store owned guns that he let's me shoot at their range before I buy one like it
Stock trigger on S&W 1911 is between 4-5 lbs. With a little work you can get down lower. I personally like it at around 4.

Guns - If you could just have one

There is also more to consider such as compatibility with aftermarket parts, and warranty. I really love S&W's warranty, they have lifetime one, and once I had an issue with my factory magazine not dropping freely like it should, and they sent me a new one in a day, versus remington who took over a month to fix a warranty issue with a firearm I bought from them.

Stock trigger on S&W 1911 is between 4-5 lbs. With a little work you can get down lower. I personally like it at around 4.

Sweet, thanks for the info. I am very particular about my firearms and like to get them to where I want them. Usually the first thing I do is shoot a few hundred rounds through them to "wear in" the trigger and then I go from there. I also like to install night sights, usually trijicon HD, but lately I've been pondering some fiber optic sights.

Just one I'd take my 590A1. Shotguns are just so versatile. But, my PPQ would be hard to leave behind.

honest question, I do not want to start a fire, but what is the deal with you americans and guns?

honest question, I do not want to start a fire, but what is the deal with you americans and guns?
Just taking the whole it's our rights out of the equation, shooting is like any other sport that requires accuracy and skill.

Already have it. Long Range Hunting rifle. I like to reach out and touch things with this bad boy.
u8ehygez.jpg

not just Americans. Guns are international. Countries like Yemen, Switzerland, Serbia, Finland, Cyprus, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Uruguay and many more like guns. Canada folks likes guns too.

Real question is...why won't you guys take Justin Bieber back? :):D

Desert Eagle, just because.

Some of us grew up in the west where firearms are just part of the culture. Many of us compete and see shooting as another sport, but firearms are also a right that was given to us by or founding fathers. We have a whole section in the debate forum where we can talk more about the second amendment and it's relevance today. check it out

An M4 based rifle and as many R.I.P rounds as possible, lol.

Last edited:
For me probably a Kal Tec KSG shotgun. Simply amazing.

Just one I'd take my 590A1. Shotguns are just so versatile. But, my PPQ would be hard to leave behind.

I have been pondering a PPQ for quite some time. Went back and forth on a PPQ and a throwback to the Walther P99. Read nothing but great things on the PPQ. I think it will end up being my next handgun purchase.

I have been pondering a PPQ for quite some time. Went back and forth on a PPQ and a throwback to the Walther P99. Read nothing but great things on the PPQ. I think it will end up being my next handgun purchase.

It's fantastic. I read tons before buying and never seen anything negative about it nor do I have anything negative to say about it. Never a single malfunction, an amazing trigger, and melts into the hand. Awesome piece!!

If I could only have one? My gen 2 Glock 19. Served me well for 16 of my 20 years on the job and conceals well enough for everyday carry.

Besides, with the Safe Act in NY, it's the only high capacity handgun I can own (retired police can still carry their service weapons but are disallowed, as is everyone else, from purchasing others).

If I could only own one gun, I would build one like this. Many of my fellow THP gun owners know that I love magpul, and there are several examples of my builds in the gun thread, but I want to build the ultimate magpul AR-15 like this. I will most likely get Daniel defense free float rails and eventually a piston gas system.

Ye1DAiZ.jpg

A Remington 870 12 ga. Simple, versatile, dependable.

I bought an 870 recently and threw on a bunch on magpul stuff. It's a really reliable shotgun. Only issue with recent 870s is that they have rough chambers that result in ejection issues and lock up issues. I had to send my 870 back to remington for about 2 months and they polished it out. After that, it's been really reliable

nasa5rH.jpg

:D I own two, one for me and one for my son. He also has a Mossberg 12ga his grandpa gave him and a .22 bolt action plinker.

I'd have to take my AR-15 because of the versatility. Long and short range. Access to ammo and reloadable. Its the gun in my safe that get shot the least.

I have a spot or two left in my gun safe, so I was thinking about picking one of these bad boys up.

23%20-%20gal_tommy_gun%20Tequila.jpg

This is one of my builds and it is the only gun I would want if I had just one, but of course...I'm insane and want another one. It's a Wyndham Weaponry AR-15.
1/9, 5.56 with M4 feeding ramp, full length bolt carrier and 14 in chrome lined barrel. ARs are typically very sensitive and need to be cleaned regularly but this one has never malfunctioned even after running filthy .
cta3NsR.jpg

b4Jqc0U.jpg

This is one of my builds and it is the only gun I would want if I had just one, but of course...I'm insane and want another one. It's a Wyndham Weaponry AR-15.
1/9, 5.56 with M4 feeding ramp, full length bolt carrier and 14 in chrome lined barrel. ARs are typically very sensitive and need to be cleaned regularly but this one has never malfunctioned even after running filthy .
cta3NsR.jpg

b4Jqc0U.jpg
All I can do is drool until I move out of Jersey.

Back