Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably be the worst one out there, making stupid mistakes that are keeping me in the mid-high 90's. Shot 99 at Twin Hills and 96 at Deerfield these past two weeks, either my driver is on fire or terrible.
Don't worry about trying to "impress" anyone, play your game and have fun. I played last time with Allan and some others from here and there was literally no pressure at all.

Don't worry about trying to "impress" anyone, play your game and have fun. I played last time with Allan and some others from here and there was literally no pressure at all.

No worries over here, trying to make O'Carroll feel better :golf:

I just impress people with my personality......lol.....I am so damn charming it is scary......:bananadance:

I just impress people with my personality......lol.....I am so damn charming it is scary......:bananadance:
Why did you give Jimmy access to your account?

in for the afternoon round at twin hills, if I suck in the club championship and get my ass kicked on saturday ( like my game has been for the last 2 weeks ) I might be in for the morning too!!!!!!!

FYI Sunday is suppose to be the worst day of the weekend weather wise, think it is sitting at a 50% chance of rain/thunderstorms.

FYI Sunday is suppose to be the worst day of the weekend weather wise, think it is sitting at a 50% chance of rain/thunderstorms.
The weather will be fine by Sunday...I never trust any weather forecast that is 5 days out. ;-)

Last edited:
So I called Deerfield today and I am glad I did. I was able to make tee times for 8:12 and 8:20 to play to South and East courses. The earliest I could get for North/South was 9:40 and 9:48 which meant we would be playing at Twin Hills around 3 and I didn't think that worked for those coming from outside Rochester.

So.. I will put it up for conversation. We can keep the tee times at Deerfield or try to make tee times at Salmon Creek.

If someone wants to call Salmon Creek this afternoon to see what they have feel free to. I am in class this afternoon so I can't call.

I'm def. in for the morning round + my buddy Josh and my FIL. Afternoon round will most likely just be me + a random buddy.

I might be doing just the Afternoon round now, let me know what the tee times will be and I'll be there. 54 holes this weekend started to seem like too much lol.

I might be doing just the Afternoon round now, let me know what the tee times will be and I'll be there. 54 holes this weekend started to seem like too much lol.
Absolutely. . Will do, but I am hoping to have those between 2-2:30. Will let everyone know when I have those set.

So I called Deerfield today and I am glad I did. I was able to make tee times for 8:12 and 8:20 to play to South and East courses. The earliest I could get for North/South was 9:40 and 9:48 which meant we would be playing at Twin Hills around 3 and I didn't think that worked for those coming from outside Rochester.

So.. I will put it up for conversation. We can keep the tee times at Deerfield or try to make tee times at Salmon Creek.

If someone wants to call Salmon Creek this afternoon to see what they have feel free to. I am in class this afternoon so I can't call.

Do you have a head count for the morning and afternoon rounds? That might help, especially if we end up with more than 8 for one or both. Have not heard from Allen and may have a buddy that may join. He's a newbie on THP.

Do you have a head count for the morning and afternoon rounds? That might help, especially if we end up with more than 8 for one or both. Have not heard from Allen and may have a buddy that may join. He's a newbie on THP.
I hope to have an answer for you guys by tonight/tomorrow.

Highly recommend it. Has a few overly gimmicky holes but the course is beautiful.

Here is what I have for Sunday as of right now:

AM:

Andy
Allan (?)
Chopstixxxx
Josh
Chopstixxxx FIL
Me
Pete (?)
Jimmy (?)
Mike (?)

PM:

Golds
Chopstixxxx
Chopstixxxx random buddy
Jimmy
Mike
Andy
Derrick
Aaron
Pete (?)

Any that have question marks are tentative and I honestly don't plan on Jimmy or Mike in the morning because of club championship.

Andy if you want to invite your buddy, go for it.

Thanks, Aaron. My buddy (Ben) is going to let me know tonight. If I end up carpooling with Ben or Allan I might be out for the afternoon round.

Nobody has played there?
I'm from Albany myself, so I haven't. It looks like that place might be closer to Jamestown, NY; and the only THPer I know from that area (greggdrews) is not active in this thread.

Sorry bud. Hopefully one of the South Buffalo guys can help.

Do anyone of you have experience with Venango Valley Inn GC? PGA.com says it's the #8 public in PA? Same list has Whispering Woods at #9 and Old Stonewall at #2. Any comments on Venango?? http://www.pga.com/golf-courses/quick-nine/best-public-golf-courses-in-pennsylvania

Nobody has played there?

Sorry, no one I know. A friend of mine played Whispering Woods recently and he still raves about, so if this one is ranked higher, I would think it must be pretty impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back