A Special Someone

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Many of you have come to know my wife quite well. For those that do not, Golfer Gal on here is my wife. This is something that I have had on my mind for a long time and something that I wanted to share with the others here for quite a while. When I first met my wife for me, it was love at first sight. She can make any room light up and everybody that she encounters comes away smiling.

When we were dating and then engaged, she went to work one day and came home and I said "Guess what hun, I started a golf website today with some friends". She looked at me like she does every time I tell her "Dont worry about it, I will take care of it"...Which is her way of looking at me and saying Lord only knows what you have gotten us into. But she tolerated it despite not being that much involved in the forum side of it. As time went on, she was more heavily involved in the background stuff that goes on at THP. If we got equipment, apparel, or anything else sent to us for review, it was because of her. She dealt with the companies on most of that stuff and still does today. For a lot of people THP is a golf forum, but for the rest of the world that are not into forums, it is a place to read about golf stuff. She was new to the game and enjoyed it for the most part.

When I proposed to her I did it in a golf bag that I purchased that she liked from Nike. When we got married we shared that day with the people close to us and that included our friends on THP. We shared our wedding pictures as it was a joyous day and just looking at my new bride made me smile each and every time I saw her (still does today).

When I told her we were going to launch a magazine she gave me the same look and went a long with it. When I said we were going to have radio shows, she said okay, that was fine too. As the site grew, so did the responsibilities (both financial and time) and she was the 1st one to volunteer to put more work into it despite us both having regular jobs. What it amounted to was working close to 100 hours a week for her and something that neither of us set out to do. But she never said a word and moved forward. When it was time to move in the direction of branding this site, she was the one that handled everything. She took the time to do all the work, get everything setup, and make this company what it is. She even left her job that she had had for a number of years with friends to devote more time to make this company go.

We are close to the 18 month mark of when THP started and it is hard to believe how far we have come. What many do not realize is none of this could have happened without her. Neither of us are very technical, and thankfully we have Hacker for that, but when it comes to growing this place to be what it is through working with companies, and everything else, that is all my wife. It truly is a 24 hour job and something she did not sign up for when she agreed to be with me (that and many other things).

My parents constantly tell me I am lucky, as do all of my friends, and when the THP FL outing is over, many of you here will say the same thing. I know I am, she is a remarkable woman that has agreed to put her the newlywed years on hold, and her life on hold for the growth of this place and her husband. Something she did not agree to and has never said anything about it. She goes along with this with certain goals in mind that are fully reachable only because she is here and part of this. THP Media is only here because of Golfer Gal and the time and energy (close to 14 hours a day) that she puts into it. My wife deserves better and in time she will get that as that is my promise to her. We have a nice life with wonderful people around us and that makes this easier for both of us. This is not in anyway a complaint about the work she has to do, just me merely marveling at how much she has put into it despite it not her goals when we started, but rather mine.

The amount of work that goes into the magazine alone is staggering. From the early stages of putting lists together, to dealing with each and every company for every piece of gear that we receive, to dealing with layouts with our designer, and dealing with egos of all the people involved along the way can get tedious, mundane, and even worse, frightening. Sometimes people crumble over the pressure and sometimes people pull through, but one thing is always constant and that is her amazing ability to deal with all of it. Only once in all the time has she ever complained about anything to do with THP and that is something that changed us both as people for a long time. During this last issue (Spring) things came about that flat out scared both of us, but you live and learn and realize that in the end, as long as you stick to honesty and your heart you will feel better each morning when you wake up.

None of this could ever happen without this wonderful woman that I get to share my life with. Recently we were given the opportunity to help someone with one of the most amazing and heartwarming stories you will ever come across. Not for publicity (we asked for none) and not because we were asked to, but because when you read the story it will literally change you forever. I am hoping to bring this story to everybody very soon (waiting on permission) so that you two will be as moved as we were by it. There are some events that change your life forever and most can count them and remember exactly what the details are. My wife has changed my life forever and not a day goes by that I don't look at her and smile and say "I am the luckiest man in the world". It can be hard to find someone that makes you a better person each and every day you are with them. Well, Golfer Gal makes me a better person each and every day I am with her.

In a few weeks it will be officially one year when she said "I Do", and on that day, I know that I am officially the luckiest man in the world. Thank you Morgan, I love you with all of my heart!

PS- You may get another one of these long winded posts then too.

Very nice JB.

Bravo!

Looking forward to meeting both of you this weekend. Sounds like you are both very lucky people.

Good post JB, it's nice that you take the time to publicly recognize the things she does. She is great, I really appreciate what she does for THP and have really enjoyed getting to work with her and know her a little bit.

Keep up the great work Golfer Gal, and thank you from all of us here on THP!

I don't even know what to say I am just sitting here crying...I am a bit of an emotional person. I don't think anyone has ever said anything so wonderful to me in my entire life. I am a a loss for words (which is very rare for me). I feel so lucky right now.

Congrats JB and GG :) I must say, GG has a heart of gold that I have come to know :)

You're a lucky man, JB. There are few people that can have their married lives tied up with their business lives and still be happy. You two can obviously do it, and that really says something about how close you must be. My Wife and I run a business together, well, she mostly runs the business, I usually create problems, and like Morgan she works unbelievably hard. On top of that she puts up with my temper, my impatience, and my disorganization.

Congratulations to you on finding a true soul mate. You're blessed. Kudos to Morgan for being the type of partner every man should be lucky enough to find. A good partner makes life wonderful.

Kevin

Your heart is on your sleave now buddy and that is to be admired! When a man brags about his spouse like this he is also a keeper. GolferGal has a good man JB and the two of you will and can do wonderful things as a team. I am proud of you and your dedication to this woman, this marriage, and the positive outlook you two have onlife!! Get er done! When you dream big you receive big :eek:)!

My Wife and I run a business together, well, she mostly runs the business, I usually create problems, and like Morgan she works unbelievably hard. On top of that she puts up with my temper, my impatience, and my disorganization.

We must be brothers from another mother. That sounds eerily similar.

I think JB's a romatic! After all that you've both achieved with THP, I'm sure everything else seems like a breeze... even children someday will probably be easier!

And Morgan, we ALL appriciate the dedication, long hours, and hard work that you put into THP! :clapp:

Nice post JB, I'm sure GG appreciates the public testament to your love and appreciation of her. Well done. Wish I could be down there to meet the both of you this weekend.

Well done JB! Sounds like you both are blessed by each other. :clapp:

Very thoughtful gesture JB. I can only imagine how lucky the both of you feel at the moment. I am kind of sad that I am not able to come meet the two of you this weekend. You both have created a true family with THP and I wish I could be part of it in person this weekend. I wish you both continued happiness in all you share together.

Looks like you two found what all people seek throughout their lives. I respect you both, the site, and all our fellow members on the site...this place has given me an educational, mature, and enjoyable place to waste countless hours a week talking about a game I constantly butcher!

Josh and Morgan,

I have only known you online for a short time but I know in my heart that both of you are amazing people. You are both giving,loving and genuine people who it appears were made for each other and are here to help others and to succeed in life at the same time. I can tell you first hand of their sincere generosity that words cannot describe properly. I am so looking forward to meeting both of you at the FL outing and hopefully making some new friends along the way. I only ask one thing, that you both make time for a vacation to enjoy each alone away from lifes hussle and bussle very soon. You deserve it and will be dearly missed but we will keep the ship running smoothly until your return. I wish you both nothing but great success in your personal and professional lives forever. I must now go kiss and hug my wife and children to remind myself of how lucky I am to have them in my life.

My sincerest regards,

Dan

Well said JB, that was a very nice read and I am sure you both are better people for being together. I know you both for a short time but I enjoy the friendship we have and I hope it continues to grow and last for many years to come. GG keep up the great job you are doing and maybe let JB have that donut filled with bacon surrounding a cheeseburger he mentioned on your last podcast. I think he earned it. :D

That was probably the best post ever made on this forum. Can't wait to finally meet the two of you this weekend.

Well said JB. I am looking forward to meeting both of you as well this weekend and From being here on the forum for a couple of months now I can tell that getting to know you two will be as easy as apple pie. You two are great folks and I wish both of you a long and happy life together. I do agree with Sunday's comments above that you need to take quality time with yourselves (QT as I like to call it) as there will not be many instances down the road to do so. Always cherish each other and know that there will be bumps in the road ahead but at least you will always have each other. I'll see you guys this weekend.

Great post JB. You two make a wonderful team and we appreciate all that GG does for THP! Keep up the great work and I wish you much continued success with THP and happiness in your marriage as it continues to blossom.

With each post I read in this thread I cry a little more. They are tears of happiness of course. I really do feel so blessed right now.

With each post I read in this thread I cry a little more. They are tears of happiness of course. I really do feel so blessed right now.

Now you know how us guys are going to feel when we see all that stuff on the range Saturday morning. Either that or think Heineken walk in fridge commercial. :D

great post!... congrats and happy anniversary

Back