Verizon edge payment plans.

Man how do you do it? I stream Pandora every day 8-5 m-F and THP at lunch and some time between and I have yet to hit 2GB of data.
I was 5.2 GB used in August.....but in July with the Morgan Cup...I was 10.47GB used. Outside of 7GB used in April (no clue), it looks like I hover around 3 to 3.5 GB each month. Now I know.....

Streaming video uses massive amounts I know that.

Man how do you do it? I stream Pandora every day 8-5 m-F and THP at lunch and some time between and I have yet to hit 2GB of data.

Last august I hit 12gb. Three days in atl with THP helped! In ain't complaining.

YouTube
Streaming sports radio
Mail...lots of attachments with work
Tapatalk
Social (twitter, FB)
Flipboard (uses a lot surprisingly)
Even sending iMessages with videos and pics hurt.
App Store updates via cellular (jailbroken so no restrictions)
Cydia and JB app updates

We have wifi at work in the cafe but it doesn't reach my desk and our internet usage on the work PC is quite restricted. I hope they expand the wifi to reach the whole building but they may not want all 1500 of us on the wifi network at once due to server load and deceased productivity, lol.

I don't know how, I hover between 6-9 a month. I'm sure I could cut that down a good bit if I was more conscious about using wifi, but i pretty much only use it at home and occasionally work.

JRod- I'm thinking about switching my plan and started looking at all of Verizon plans recently. Spent a lot of time researching Edge and some other plans. If I read it correctly (BIG "IF"), if you decide to go with 10+ GB plan of data then Edge makes sense. The way I calculated it out; over a 2 year period you could actually get 2 phones with Edge and still pay about $50 less over that time then you would with the More Everything Plan keeping the same phone over that 2 year span. Now, if you are getting a plan that is less than 10 GB then Edge makes little sense. Unless you absolutely want the latest and greatest you will be paying more with Edge if you go with a plan that is less than 10 GB.

JRod- I'm thinking about switching my plan and started looking at all of Verizon plans recently. Spent a lot of time researching Edge and some other plans. If I read it correctly (BIG "IF"), if you decide to go with 10+ GB plan of data then Edge makes sense. The way I calculated it out; over a 2 year period you could actually get 2 phones with Edge and still pay about $50 less over that time then you would with the More Everything Plan keeping the same phone over that 2 year span. Now, if you are getting a plan that is less than 10 GB then Edge makes little sense. Unless you absolutely want the latest and greatest you will be paying more with Edge if you go with a plan that is less than 10 GB.

Awesome thanks bro!

The wife and I share 1gb per month. We go over about 10% of the time. Another increment is $10, less than the cost of upgrading our plan.

Re the OP, MikeDean nailed it. Unless you need the latest release immediately after it comes out there's no reason to do the phone upgrade program.

I'm traveling for work about 260 days a year and I'm never concerned about going over. I suppose I can see if you have a job where you are sitting on your phone a lot but even then, like stated before most every place has free WiFi.
Or need to link it as a Hotspot. While many places offer wifi not all of them are secure and sometimes people need that security for some things.

Then add unstable speeds in many areas and data is still important to a lot of people depending on work.

Or need to link it as a Hotspot. While many places offer wifi not all of them are secure and sometimes people need that security for some things.

Then add unstable speeds in many areas and data is still important to a lot of people depending on work.
Alright... If someone feels they "need" unlimited data and wants to pay $600 for a new phone when it's time for an upgrade. Go for it. I'm simply saying I used to be that person that "needed" unlimited data and have made the adjustment just fine, and that with my increased travel schedule at work( and I have no WiFi at work either). I'm not one to tell someone how to spend their money.

I don't pay $600 for a new phone

I don't get phones out of contract.

I don't get phones out of contract.
Ok? Now I'm truly puzzled as i couldn't upgrade my phone without a new contract or to pay full retail price for a phone. So do you just keep the same old phone?

Ok? Now I'm truly puzzled as i couldn't upgrade my phone without a new contract or to pay full retail price for a phone. So do you just keep the same old phone?

No. I get a new phone every two years and sign a contract. I'm old school, lol

I think At&t you can still upgrade and keep your unlimited

I'm guessing when his 2 years are up he renews with the upgrade so is paying next to nothing for phone

Yes AT&T let's you upgrade and keep unlimited if you are grandfathered. You can even keep unlimited with Next as long as you don't switch to a share plan.

Fortunately AT&T has been good for me the past 16 years so I'm ok with a contract.

Not everyone feels the same so it's all good.

I'm guessing when his 2 years are up he renews with the upgrade so is paying next to nothing for phone
No I get that, I did the same thing. But when my contract was up, the new contract would not have unlimited data. So I was told I either signed the 2 year contract with no unlimited data or pay full price for a phone.

No I get that, I did the same thing. But when my contract was up, the new contract would not have unlimited data. So I was told I either signed the 2 year contract with no unlimited data or pay full price for a phone.
Ah yeah missed the unlimited part

Yes AT&T let's you upgrade and keep unlimited if you are grandfathered. You can even keep unlimited with Next as long as you don't switch to a share plan.

Fortunately AT&T has been good for me the past 16 years so I'm ok with a contract.

Not everyone feels the same so it's all good.
I've upgraded at least once (at the end of my contract, which I think AT&T used to let you do at 18 months on a two year contract) and kept my Unlimited Data. If they let me keep my unlimited data and switch to the Next plan, I may consider it.

I generally keep my phones for 18 months, and after 18 months they are beat up to the point that I am ready for a new one. I've had my current iPhone 5 for just over a year, and the home button already doesn't work. I have to use the stupid floating mouse thing--and that is just aggravating enough to make me pay full retail for a new phone. And if I'm going to do that, why not switch to Next?

Sounds like next will work for you OC. If they tell you that you can't keep unlimited, dig deeper because a good friend of mine just did it a month ago.

I've renewed my contract every two years forever and still keep the grandfathered unlimited with zero problem.

I've renewed my contract every two years forever and still keep the grandfathered unlimited with zero problem.
Dang, well I guess I got taken advantage of. I was told when my last contract was up 18 months ago. That my options were to give up my unlimited data or pay $600 for the phone I wanted. They were not offering unlimited data in any new contracts, moving forward.

Dang, well I guess I got taken advantage of. I was told when my last contract was up 18 months ago. That my options were to give up my unlimited data or pay $600 for the phone I wanted. They were not offering unlimited data in any new contracts, moving forward.

Yah i was told the same thing. Hmmmmmmmm

I had been wroth Verizon since they came here in like 2002. That's why i got pissed and changed carriers.

Back