Week 1 - 2014 THP Fantasy Football

XTRA 910 Phoenix's Mike Jurecki suggests Andre Ellington's foot injury could cost him "4-6 weeks or longer."
Per Jurecki, "a lot will depend on how quickly he heals," which obviously isn't predictable. Fantasy owners should definitely keep their early-round draft pick rostered, but Ellington may not be usable for the first month of the season or more. Expect Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd, and to a lesser extent rookie third receiver John Brown to open the season as Arizona's featured weapons. Jonathan Dwyer is expected to start at tailback, and Stepfan Taylor will mix in.
Source: Mike Jurecki on Twitter
Fri, Sep 05 2014 12:39 PM

I think John Brown is going to have a solid year.

But, each time I see his name I think about one of the scenes in Remember the Titans.

With Lacy Out and his History got to thank ESPN for the autodraft of Stark

Arrg.. w / Ellington down my team went from middle of the road straight into the ditch ..

Pretty much sums it up, same with Ingram.

But, you like Ben Tate, right?

Nope, dont care for him

Sure hes an upgrade in Cle, but so would me or you

I have a feeling that Tate stays true to form & gets injured & by the end of the year Isaiah Crowell will be the feature back for the Browns

So Drafting Starks was a smart move given that Lacy is probably gonna get concussed every other game. Phew.......

I'm guessing he's only out 1 game again

I thought with one more concussion in the next month or so and he is done for the year.

Isn't that how the new concussion policy works? 3 concussions in a calendar year and you are done for a year. I could be wrong though.

Jacksonville's "#1" (I use that loosely) WR Cecil Shorts it out this week, should make Marqise Lee their #1 and being as they suck they SHOULD have to throw the ball. Makes it tempting to throw him in the flex this week.

Jacksonville's "#1" (I use that loosely) WR Cecil Shorts it out this week, should make Marqise Lee their #1 and being as they suck they SHOULD have to throw the ball. Makes it tempting to throw him in the flex this week.
Same. Between him and Sproles

ESPN sucks. Seasonal projections >0 for players that are retired. REALLY!?!?!

Week 1 projections >0 for players that are OUT.

Last edited:
Losing Shorts this week sucks. Hope someone can step up!

I can never figure Shorts III out. Had him in a keeper league last 2 years and when I play him: 5 catches, 40 yards. When I bench him: 11 catches, 140 yards, and a TD.

I'm so tempted to throw Lee in there this week. Decisions Decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep reading conflicting things about Crabtree's availability today.
Been flipping though channels...sounds like mo one knows for sure

Ellington is game time as well don't think I can roll the dice with them being the late game monday

Crabtree will play

Ugh, need to make a decision on whether to start Newton or not today...leaning towards yes. My backup...and don't laugh...is Geno Smith. Who, if you were ever going to play this season, this would probably be the week to do it.

This is my first year not being in my big $ league. I want to do well in my THP League 3, but there is so much less stress going into this year as opposed to the last two. I feel like I can finally enjoy fantasy football again. That being said, I haven't logged into ESPN since the day after the draft. Ha! Maybe not enough stress. Then again...seeing the chumps in League 3 (441) will do that....

Back