Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Rant.
The THP Outing is over and of course now it is sunny and beautiful...We still got 2 days of golf of course. But we wish the outings were possibly a couple of more days of golf. It was that much fun.

With that being said we are working on the next one already and it is going well. However we want something even more special, so it is taking time and as usual, I want to announce things already.

I'll be there :)

My Rant.
The THP Outing is over and of course now it is sunny and beautiful...We still got 2 days of golf of course. But we wish the outings were possibly a couple of more days of golf. It was that much fun.

With that being said we are working on the next one already and it is going well. However we want something even more special, so it is taking time and as usual, I want to announce things already.

dude, you're terrible at keeping secrets. as am i, this isn't good.

My Rant.

Common JB, you know you want to! How about a clue, kinda like when Apple sends out the invitations to release a new product? We all know what it is, but they never really said anything...

We are going to start a thread on it as soon as we get the date fairly firm and the place locked up. That should be anyday now.

Haa haa, you beat me too it. I was going to suggest "how about a date" but you got that covered already :clapp:

We're going to need to make airfare plans to see who will ship my clubs the cheapest (for free hopefully) and won't ding my clubs either :( !!

How about a season? Fall!?!!?!?!?

Darn rain!! My golf lesson has been cancelled tonight :crying:

I don't complain much about my knee because it affects skiing more than golf.

Today, I finally got around to the initial evaluation with the physical therapist. His assessment? I probably need a knee replacement. I want to shoot myself.

Almost missed this. That just stinks. Hopefully a good orthopedic will give you more input and better news.

Almost missed this. That just stinks. Hopefully a good orthopedic will give you more input and better news.

Thanks. I'm one for three on medical news this week. It's like my body is betraying me.

kind of a delayed rant here.......very little sun to be seen during the Outing and what appears on the day we leave? Yes, the sun. Sun, that's the only thing that would've made the trip which was already an A an A+. Oh well, hopefully there'll be some for the next outing.

yesterday i had nothing to do and wanted to play... it rained
today i am busy busy... its supposed to be gorgeous...
tomorrow i have an early tee time... guess what... its supposed to rain early... clearing up later... uggggh

yesterday i had nothing to do and wanted to play... it rained
today i am busy busy... its supposed to be gorgeous...
tomorrow i have an early tee time... guess what... its supposed to rain early... clearing up later... uggggh

That's kind of what happened to me. Had work in the morning, but planned to go just before noon. Work stretched too long, so missed the chance to go and today it's rain. Rain planned for the next 4 to 5 days.

That's kind of what happened to me. Had work in the morning, but planned to go just before noon. Work stretched too long, so missed the chance to go and today it's rain. Rain planned for the next 4 to 5 days.

We have rained scheduled here as well, so there might go my next lesson as well :crying: And next weeks its supposed to rain, bummer!! I guess April showers bring May flowers afterall :confused2:

We have rained scheduled here as well, so there might go my next lesson as well :crying: And next weeks its supposed to rain, bummer!! I guess April showers bring May flowers afterall :confused2:

You folks in SoCal are getting more rain than us here in Oregon for once. It's going to be 65* and sunny today. Woohoo!

rain or shine tomorrow im still gonna play... i hope my buddies dont bail on me tho

nice weather during the week followed by a crappy weekend completely sucks.....this is what I come back to here in PA....ugh

Same here. booooo

nice weather during the week followed by a crappy weekend completely sucks.....this is what I come back to here in PA....ugh

Looking the same here for Louisiana.......5 gorgeous work days in a row and now major storms predicted for this weekend.

Just in time for the Zurich Classic!!

The last hour of the workday seems to always take the longest...

The last hour of the workday seems to always take the longest...

Unless you have a golf outing planned and you want to leave at noon. Then the hour between 11 and 12 is the longest...:D

Why must they put idiots in charge of the corporate AMEX accounts? Yesterday, I get a letter from American Express, stating that at my company's request they have canceled my corporate card. I ask my manager about it, and he has no clue so he copies the letter as well as the most recent statement showing my balance at $0.

Fast forward to today - my boss gets an email back from the corporate administrator saying that they one of my two cards. To which I respond, "What second card?". He emails back and forth with the administrator a couple times, then has me call. The administrator proceeds to tell me that when I moved from one portion of the company to a different one, they issued me a second card. Then the administrator tells me that we had spoken previously on the phone and I had explained the move and asked to have the AMEX canceled. Somehow, I stayed polite and let the administrator know that not only had I not moved around in the company within the past 3 years since my AMEX was issued, but that I had never spoken with the administrator before and only been given her name and phone number 30 seconds before I called.

Turns out, there is another guy in the company with the SAME first and last name. For some idiotic reason, they did not look to verify that the cards were issued to the same person and not two separate people. So now I have to hope that the replacement card arrives in time for the trip up to Detroit on May 6-7 for the dealer intro show, or I get to foot the bill and wait for reimbursement...:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Why must they put idiots in charge of the corporate AMEX accounts? Yesterday, I get a letter from American Express, stating that at my company's request they have canceled my corporate card. I ask my manager about it, and he has no clue so he copies the letter as well as the most recent statement showing my balance at $0.

Fast forward to today - my boss gets an email back from the corporate administrator saying that they one of my two cards. To which I respond, "What second card?". He emails back and forth with the administrator a couple times, then has me call. The administrator proceeds to tell me that when I moved from one portion of the company to a different one, they issued me a second card. Then the administrator tells me that we had spoken previously on the phone and I had explained the move and asked to have the AMEX canceled. Somehow, I stayed polite and let the administrator know that not only had I not moved around in the company within the past 3 years since my AMEX was issued, but that I had never spoken with the administrator before and only been given her name and phone number 30 seconds before I called.

Turns out, there is another guy in the company with the SAME first and last name. For some idiotic reason, they did not look to verify that the cards were issued to the same person and not two separate people. So now I have to hope that the replacement card arrives in time for the trip up to Detroit on May 6-7 for the dealer intro show, or I get to foot the bill and wait for reimbursement...:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I love it. My company has us fill out weekly expense reports in order to pay our corp. cc bills on time. If they do not pay on time for some reason, even if we have done our part and turned it in on time, we get dinged for a $10-15 late fee. Those late fees are our responsibility unless we can prove it was their fault. If it doesn't get paid in the first month, it compounds to another charge the second month, etc.

They overpaid my account by $850 several years ago and I just kept quiet. Now I have a cushion against their incompetence. I always have a credit balance.

They overpaid my account by $850 several years ago and I just kept quiet. Now I have a cushion against their incompetence. I always have a credit balance.

I keep hoping someone will do that with my VISA, but I think $85,000 would be better.

Kevin

hard to beleive that a week ago at this time I was packing everything up to drive down to the airport so I could go to the THP Golf Outing.....where'd this week go? I think I'm going through withdrawal :banghead:

hard to beleive that a week ago at this time I was packing everything up to drive down to the airport so I could go to the THP Golf Outing.....where'd this week go? I think I'm going through withdrawal :banghead:

You and everyone else thanks!

You're trying to make a left turn and go into the left lane and there's an island there but the car you're stuck behind in the middle lane leaves about a mile gap in between him/her and the car in front of him/her causing you to miss the green arrow!!! GRRR!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back