THP FL Demo Day Feedback

nice review kevin. i know it was orgasmic for you! i just have to add that for anyone who is a member of THP you must try to make the next outing. it really is a first class experience. kevin hit the nail on the head when he was saying that it was like being in a golf galaxy with all that stuff, except with out the confines of being indoors, without someone standing there watching your every move, and the fact that you could actually take anything out and game it for the round.

it would be great to see some hybrids involved in the next one and it would be even better if some company would step up and offer some gear for those of us that swing from the right side of the ball. i won't complain about that too much but it would've been nice.

Fourteen Golf JC909 - Hopefully I got the name right for this driver because I WANT IT! Talk about a long bomber. Best looking head cover of the lot and crazy long distance. And no one has it. That makes me want it.

I bet JB would make you a good trade for it. hehehe

I hit that driver and thought it was one sweet golf club too.

I hit that driver and thought it was one sweet golf club too.

Welcome to THP, SeeMoreGuy!

How did you get so many posts so quickly?

And what did you do with Keith? hehehe

Nice review Kev. You forgot to review the shorts you bought at the pro shop! :D

To all the OEM's out there (the real ones, not you Kev), I know you might be reading this... did you notice anything missing in all the reviews? At the next outing could you please send some hybrids (thanks though to Cleveland by providing the DST which unfortunately I didn't get to play with). Preferably ones with no rattle inside the clubhead (Callaway I'm talking to you). Thanks.

Dont blame the companies, blame us, as we did not ask for them. We had 3 kinds of hybrids there though.

As for clubs breaking, it happens, and we still had the Callaway 3 hybrid that was just fine.

The companies that sent us THOUSANDS of dollars in gear will be reading and looking forward to everybody's feedback. Calling out a company because they happen to have 1 of the 20 clubs they shipped to us break during use sounds like a great idea.

Last edited:
Here's what I thought about the equipment I tried out.

Drivers:

• Callaway- The Diablo Edge was my favorite by far. I hit some drives that really just blew me away with this thing. Also, it just felt and sounded great. If I buy a driver soon, this is the one. I also was fortunate to be able to play the ft-iz for the round on Saturday. I really liked it too and would say it came in a close second. I wasn't getting a lot of height with it, so I would like to try one with a higher loft. The one we had was 9°.
  • Taylormade- The Superfast looks incredible at address. Also, it sound awesome and I saw some people bombing that thing. Not really right for me though.
  • Nike - The VR is also one sharp looking club. I couldn't do alot with it, but I didn't spend much time with it.

Hybrids/Irons:

• Taylormade- The Superlaunch were something I really wanted to swing. Unfortunately, I didn't have much luck with them. Somebody mentioned that they were stiff shafted, so that could have been the problem. Or, my swing just sucks.
  • Wilson Staff- I loved the D-Fy set and I would buy these tomorrow if I could. I hit a six iron twice as high as normal and the ball just went far. The new 4h also really took off when I hit it pure. Great set of clubs.
  • Callaway- The Diablo Edge set also got the ball up in a hurry. Good stuff here and I wish I had more time to test them more thoroughly.
  • Cleveland- I didn't have the best luck with these, but I watched Smallville hit them for an entire round and I can vouch that they get the ball in the air and have great distance. Really nice looking clubs too.

Wedges:

• Heavy- These lived up to their name, you could feel the weight. They actually worked really well for me and I would love to try them out some more. I think the weight reminded me to accelerate through my downswing.
  • Scratch- I liked these too. They gave me a nice, high ball flight and felt great at address. They have a really sleek look to them as well.

Putters:

• SeeMore- I will be honest and say that these are the only putters I tried out. Awesome brand and I will be getting one with my next golf purchase. The RST really works and didn't throw off my concentration at all. I usually putt my best if I line up and then just concentrate on my stroke. These putters really helped me do that.

Balls:

• Chromax- I had to throw a shout-out to this company. It was kind of a joke since I was playing the pink one, but these balls are quality. I played the blue one at a different course and had a lot of good shots with it as well. They really do show up in the sunlight. I wanted to doubt them, since they looked different, but every time I grabbed one I wasn't sorry.

Again, a huge thanks to all the company's that gave us the opportunity to try out all this great equipment. I have a much better idea of what I should be looking for next time I plan to put down some money on golf gear. Also, thanks JB and GG for organizing this for us!

Dont blame the companies, blame us, as we did not ask for them. We had 3 kinds of hybrids there though.

As for clubs breaking, it happens, and we still had the Callaway 3 hybrid that was just fine.

The companies that sent us THOUSANDS of dollars in gear will be reading and looking forward to everybody's feedback. Calling out a company because they happen to have 1 of the 20 clubs they shipped to us break during use sounds like a great idea.

Ah I didn't know you had to ask for them. I was under the impression that they send you whatever they wanted us to demo.

As far as calling out a company... if they put out a product that, I assume it's new, breaks on shipment and use then so be it. That was 1 out of 20 shipped, assuming it was in a box not by itself, I could imagine if it was 1 out of 1. I think as a consumer, 'man that's frustrating to have a hybrid that I ordered online (hypothetically speaking as some of the buyers do use this method) have this rattle because of a piece of glue on the hosel decides to break off and drop into a clubhead'. To me that's a manufacturing defect. Every club out there was shipped the same method and frankly probably more abused on the range due to use and not one had an issue. With all those clubs, and all that use, there was only one club... one, that we talked about breaking or having something irritate us to a point that there was a conversation about it. I love Callaway and their clubs and that's what makes it so disappointing is that I expected better. Sure I might get flamed for this but hey after this weekend you should know that I don't hold back any punches.

Thanks for clearing that up JB. What Srixon club was I hitting on day 2 JB? Was that a hybrid? I remember it being very solid.

Ah I didn't know you had to ask for them. I was under the impression that they send you whatever they wanted us to demo.

As far as calling out a company... if they put out a product that, I assume it's new, breaks on shipment and use then so be it. That was 1 out of 20 shipped, assuming it was in a box not by itself, I could imagine if it was 1 out of 1. I think as a consumer, 'man that's frustrating to have a hybrid that I ordered online (hypothetically speaking as some of the buyers do use this method) have this rattle because of a piece of glue on the hosel decides to break off and drop into a clubhead'. To me that's a manufacturing defect. Every club out there was shipped the same method and frankly probably more abused on the range due to use and not one had an issue. With all those clubs, and all that use, there was only one club... one, that we talked about breaking or having something irritate us to a point that there was a conversation about it. I love Callaway and their clubs and that's what makes it so disappointing is that I expected better. Sure I might get flamed for this but hey after this weekend you should know that I don't hold back any punches.

I just do not get the complaint. There was still a hybrid that was virtually the exact same thing (only different loft) sitting right next to it. The goal with demoing equipment I always thought was to be able to try out new things and see what worked for your game. Nothing prevented that from happening since they sent 2 hybrids. And lets also remember that the Callaway hybrid that did have an issue was near the very end of the last day. So in my opinion, it did not change the outcome of demoing it at all.

If someone takes that and perceives that to be shoddy work and does not buy a club because of it, that is their choice, but I have to disagree on the entire outlook of the demo and calling out a company over the matter. Just my opinion and you are welcome to yours. It in no way caused anybody not to try out their hybrids and once in a while, clubs do break and Callaway has always been known to have some of hte best customer service in the world. That is why they offer warranties on clubs.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up JB. What Srixon club was I hitting on day 2 JB? Was that a hybrid? I remember it being very solid.

That was a 5 wood, and you were hitting it well.

That was a 5 wood, and you were hitting it well.

Is it possible I hit too many clubs?? haha I cant even remember everything I hit and yes I was hitting that thing very nice. That was another solid club!

Is it possible I hit too many clubs?? haha I cant even remember everything I hit and yes I was hitting that thing very nice. That was another solid club!

what's even better kevin is that you have some room in your bag for a 5w. might as well game the srixon, it's about the only company that you don't have, and we all know that you need to live up to the OEM in Kevin.

what's even better kevin is that you have some room in your bag for a 5w. might as well game the srixon, it's about the only company that you don't have, and we all know that you need to live up to the OEM in Kevin.

Who am I to deny any OEM a place in OEM Kevins bag, right! Very good points tc! Ive never gamed a 5W before might have to make room.

Who am I to deny any OEM a place in OEM Kevins bag, right! Very good points tc! Ive never gamed a 5W before might have to make room.

no need to make room buddy, a 5w should set your bag up nicely. was it the ztx?

I am really bummed I was unable to make it. It's obvious everyone had a great time. Count me in for the next one!

Anyway, where can I buy one of the Spotless Swing Towels? Sounds like something I need.

By the way, I received the magazine last week only 2 days after I placed the order (I'm in Tampa). Great service, and great mag - very high quality and a fun read.

I am really bummed I was unable to make it. It's obvious everyone had a great time. Count me in for the next one!

Anyway, where can I buy one of the Spotless Swing Towels? Sounds like something I need.

By the way, I received the magazine last week only 2 days after I placed the order (I'm in Tampa). Great service, and great mag - very high quality and a fun read.

Right from the website. Tell them you saw it on THP from the outing and they will be thrilled.

http://www.spotlessswing.com/

I am so glad you liked the magazine. We hope you can make it to the next outing it should be a blast!

come to the dark side Kev and get a 5w....look how well that Machspeed was working for me last weekend! boom!

no need to make room buddy, a 5w should set your bag up nicely. was it the ztx?

come to the dark side Kev and get a 5w....look how well that Machspeed was working for me last weekend! boom!

Didnt it put you here? haha

842731780_4kn9y-M.jpg

I tee them up and JB drives it 300 yards....... lol I think that was an 8 iron that got me in that spot

Didnt it put you here? haha

842731780_4kn9y-M.jpg

Thanks for the link. I will be placing the order later this afternoon. I already sent them an email letting them know I heard about their product via their involvement with the Demo Day and Outing.

i forgot to leave some feedback for one company.......THP Media. during our rain delay (fortunately biggsy, chuck and i were coming off the 9th so we headed to the pro shop) i was having a drink, watching the golf channel and in the proshop was a copy of THP the magazine. i just thought that was cool to see it there. a couple of guys, who weren't with our group, were asking about the magazine, so i told them about it and how we were all there. anyway, all the guys who flipped through it loved the magazine, and only wished they were there earlier so that they may have been able to see some of the equipment.

Thanks for the link. I will be placing the order later this afternoon. I already sent them an email letting them know I heard about their product via their involvement with the Demo Day and Outing.

That's awesome thank you so much! They will be so excited.

Back