THP Outing Suggestions

1. I would love to come to the next one. As a guy who doesn't get around too much this would be an excellent opportunity to get out and see the world a bit more, and have a lot of fun doing it.

2. I would be fairly flexible in this regard. Seeing as I (and maybe the wife to be) would have to come from Edmonton (about 2400 miles away) we would have to stay for a bit to make the trip more worth our while. I would say 2-3 days of golf would be awesome. Although I'd probably be up for more!

3. Don't have any kids, so that's not a problem. Like I said before, the wife may want to come. She's brand new to the game this year. So she may not feel 100% comfortable with it. You never know though.

4. I'm not overly familiar with Florida, so I would have to say that I have not a lot of preference. I'm open to suggestions from others!

5. I would have to say that free for all seems like it would be the most fun. Not a lot of pressure that way.

6. Fall is my favorite time of year. Golf season closes for me usually by the end of September. So I would have to say that October seems like a good time.

If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to get it on here. Thanks JB and GG!

Last edited:
As great as coming to a THP outing sounds, we're a golfing family of three, and it seems doubtful there would be other children there for my Daughter to play golf with. She would be 13. As a threesome it would be difficult for me to split us up as a group without some other kids there, or other women for that matter, and for me to come and just play with the family for all rounds of golf would defeat the purpose. If I knew there were going to be other junior players I could consider it, otherwise it would most likely be a no go for me. We only have so many golf trips available in the budget, and I doubt I would use one just for myself as our golf spending is now about my Daughter and not me.

And apparently Diane doesn't want to spend a vacation with other people's children.

Kevin

1. After coming to or reading about the 1st THP FL Golf outing, are you more or less likely to come to the next one? Does a forum member drink too much and then repaint the rental car door? Hell yes!

2. Do you prefer a short weekend outing or prefer it to be an extended stay (3-4 days or more)? Id like to stay 3-4 days but most likely a short weekend would be all I could do.

3. If you have a family and children, what could we do to get them all involved and bring the entire group? Do I have to bring them?

4. Outside of rounds of golf, what do you want to see there? Im going to follow Setho around..

5. Demo Day...Do you prefer free for all like it was, or would you prefer something more organized and educational. I actually prefer the freedom to hit what I want as I want how I want. That was a lot of fun for me. And a big HUGE no to reps.

6. Assuming it will be in FL, what time of year would you like it done? Prefer not too hot and sunny, so spring and fall sound great.

I like the contest idea even though I know we were talking about staying away from skills but I still think that would be fun. Everyone can putt. Not everyone is a long driver but putting is pretty easy to set up and everyone can do it. Par 3 course sounds like a blast too. Really anything with a great group of people is fun and what I enjoy!

And apparently Diane doesn't want to spend a vacation with other people's children.

I debated putting an exception in for Miss Esox, but thought the others wouldn't want to be beaten that badly by a 13 year old.

haha. You're going to follow me around as I follow butterflys around or get distracted by anything shiny.

Here is my response to JB

Okay guys and gals, as many of you know, we are already planning our next outing and want it to be even bigger and better than the one we just had. So to do that, we want to hear from everybody with suggestions on what they want. Here are some basic questions we would like answered.

1. After coming to or reading about the 1st THP FL Golf outing, are you more or less likely to come to the next one?
obviously going to come to the next one. Not gonna lie, I was disappointed on how awesome it was without me(joking!).

2. Do you prefer a short weekend outing or prefer it to be an extended stay (3-4 days or more)?
I would like an extender. Almost like a 4 rounds, 4 demos, possibly broken up by brand? or by equipment(putters, hybrids, irons)

3. If you have a family and children, what could we do to get them all involved and bring the entire group?
no

4. Outside of rounds of golf, what do you want to see there?
a clown? Im not sure really. Balloons!

5. Demo Day...Do you prefer free for all like it was, or would you prefer something more organized and educational.
Did Not Attend.

6. Assuming it will be in FL, what time of year would you like it done?
NOT EXAM WEEK:banghead:.:D
i am so jealous of everyone who went, but glad that everyone had such a wonderful time.

And of course give us your input on anything else. This is for people that have come to the last one and have not come. GG and myself are working on something pretty special, but before we get down to it, we want to make sure that we are maximizing the efforts so that the turnout is even bigger.

I wasn't at the original outing, and unfortunately unless I win a lottery or something, there is no way I could travel to another. After seeing the questions I did have a thought.

My opinion (if I could be there) would be to have it over a 3-4 day period. Mostly because that would make it easier for those that can travel to fit it in. People could come day 1-3 or 2-4, or 3-4, or 1-4, or whatever would fit their schedule best. That would soley depend on the hosts though. I wouldn't expect the hosts to set up and take down 4 days worth of demos and rounds. That is a ton of work and organization and they already do enough. Maybe golf rounds only on day 1 and 4, with the demo days 2 and 3. That way everyone would have a chance to play a round or two and be involved with the demos. I also like the idea that soneone mentioned of a structured demo. All drivers and woods together, iron together, wedges together and rotate areas. That can be a good way to compare different models of the same type of club.

I wouldn't worry about familes either. If I was to bring mine, they would be nowhere near the golf. I would do my thing during the day and hook up with them after.

As for non golf activities, I wouldn't expect anything. If THP wants to hold a golf outing(s) and demo day(s), that is all I would expect from them. You do (and would do) enough just putting the golf activities together, I wouldn't expect you to entertain me outside of the course. If you want to, that is fine, but don't feel you have to. If people are able to travel to Florida to play golf, they should be able to figure out the non golf time.

For me, and again, I doubt I could ever attend, the time would be best in the fall or spring when the golfing up north isn't as good. Spring is nice becuase of all the new releases from over the winter. Fall is nice since most would have been playing all summer and their game would still be sharp. I would prefer the fall myself, but that is just me.

haha. You're going to follow me around as I follow butterflys around or get distracted by anything shiny.

lol dancing girls have shiny stuff too

1. After coming to or reading about the 1st THP FL Golf outing, are you more or less likely to come to the next one?
More likely to try to make it, but it's situational depending on what's going on at home.

2. Do you prefer a short weekend outing or prefer it to be an extended stay (3-4 days or more)?
3 full days would be ideal. If I'm going through the time and expense to travel, 2 days seems a bit short.

3. If you have a family and children, what could we do to get them all involved and bring the entire group?
I do have a wife and 9 month old, but I doubt they would tag along just yet.

4. Outside of rounds of golf, what do you want to see there?
Rep free demo day (thanks GG)! Perhaps some nighttime activities, like comedy club or ball game or something.

5. Demo Day...Do you prefer free for all like it was, or would you prefer something more organized and educational.
Each person might have an interest in some things more than others.

6. Assuming it will be in FL, what time of year would you like it done?
When it's not humid!

Thanks JB and GG for going through the effort to organize another outing. You guys are dedicated! Rock on!:clapp:

STL,
That is exactly why we do the extra things, because we believe that if someone is going to spend money to come down, it will be for more than a round of golf or demos. It is going to be about a lifestyle event. gatherings, friends, contests, dinner, drinks, and so much more.

STL,
That is exactly why we do the extra things, because we believe that if someone is going to spend money to come down, it will be for more than a round of golf or demos. It is going to be about a lifestyle event. gatherings, friends, contests, dinner, drinks, and so much more.

+1, most definitely :)

thanks and OEM, you really should take me up on that offer of coming the QC. We have lots of shiny things around here (and places to golf, but no double espresso vodka).

Still sounds like a good idea!!! Only if Erica tends bar for us though....

thanks and OEM, you really should take me up on that offer of coming the QC. We have lots of shiny things around here (and places to golf, but no double espresso vodka).

That's one of her favorite things to do. That girl can make a mean drink.

1. After coming to or reading about the 1st THP FL Golf outing, are you more or less likely to come to the next one? As long as dates don't conflict and it's in Florida, I'll be there for sure!

2. Do you prefer a short weekend outing or prefer it to be an extended stay (3-4 days or more)? I thought two days was perfect.

3. If you have a family and children, what could we do to get them all involved and bring the entire group? I would have brought my wife, but she isn't keen on spending 8 hours at the golf course or playing in the rain...I'm almost certain she wants to go to the next one after hearing how much fun I had. If you held this in a larger city, say Orlando or Tampa, you could maybe have a family day or kids day at one of the parks on a day before or after the golf outing. This also extends the time for families that have traveled great distances to make a long weekend of it and it also gives the option for those that would not do something like that to spend the weekend just golfing.

I think the group dinners were a fantastic idea. I wish I would have been able to stay later or do dinner on Friday and Sunday...that was my biggest regret and I'll make time to do that for the next one so I can get to know everyone a little better.

4. Outside of rounds of golf, what do you want to see there?The option to buy equipment on site and more raffles :D

5. Demo Day...Do you prefer free for all like it was, or would you prefer something more organized and educational.For me, I like the free for all. If there was an option for something educational, like a short clinic, that might not be a bad idea.

6. Assuming it will be in FL, what time of year would you like it done?Spring and Fall...After and Before season starts for best rates and outstanding weather.

That was the biggest struggle that we had was explaining to companies that they couldn't have reps there. That was a rule we felt very strongly about and if we do this again and have a demo day there will be no reps. It does take the pressure off and makes the demoing more enjoyable. JB has enough knowledge about all the clubs to be a rep for every company just as TC.

golfergal is spot on here guys. like i said in another thread, JB didn't have to spend as much time with me and setho discussing shafts but he did and he could predict exactly what each shaft would do for our games. what's craziest is that he new by watching me hit one or two balls which shaft would work the best out of the lot. he's humble with his knowledge here on the site and if you asked a question that he wasn't too sure about the man would make a phone call. talk about service!!!! albeit with a smarta@@ smile.

Totally agree TC...he's also a teacher and offered advice in a non-obtrusive, 'I know what I'm doing and you don't' kind of way as well....JB saw I was struggling a bit with the VR Str8fit (before you closed it 1* for me) and had me step back and explained to me the baseball diamond drill that Andy uses....after a few ground balls, which he said would happen, I was ripping balls down the center. I had that drill in my head for the whole round on Sunday and the results were night and day compared to my driving efforts on Saturday.

golfergal is spot on here guys. like i said in another thread, JB didn't have to spend as much time with me and setho discussing shafts but he did and he could predict exactly what each shaft would do for our games. what's craziest is that he new by watching me hit one or two balls which shaft would work the best out of the lot. he's humble with his knowledge here on the site and if you asked a question that he wasn't too sure about the man would make a phone call. talk about service!!!! albeit with a smarta@@ smile.

Totally agree TC...he's also a teacher and offered advice in a non-obtrusive, 'I know what I'm doing and you don't' kind of way as well....JB saw I was struggling a bit with the VR Str8fit (before you closed it 1* for me) and had me step back and explained to me the baseball diamond drill that Andy uses....after a few ground balls, which he said would happen, I was ripping balls down the center. I had that drill in my head for the whole round on Sunday and the results were night and day compared to my driving efforts on Saturday.

I can verify that this is true and not just interweb talk! I seen him hit them drives!

That's one of her favorite things to do. That girl can make a mean drink.

haha I saw pictures of you trying to eat a sock so she might have slipped you something in that drink! Dude Erica was cool and I enjoyed meeting both of you. And Ive already engaged Tracy in talks of making a stop in Quad Cities. Id love to stop by for some John Deer golf!

I can verify that this is true and not just interweb talk! I seen him hit them drives!

me too! however, i was also there when the man from the proshop came out and told him to aim more left b/c the people on #9 fairway were complaining about getting peppered by range balls.

gotta love the str8fit thanks!

Re: THP Outing Suggestions

tcalloway1 said:
me too! however, i was also there when the man from the proshop came out and told him to aim more left b/c the people on #9 fairway were complaining about getting peppered by range balls.

gotta love the str8fit thanks!

Guilty as charged....at least they let me drive the maintenance cart to help load the equipment bags faster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back