THP Outing Suggestions

me too! however, i was also there when the man from the proshop came out and told him to aim more left b/c the people on #9 fairway were complaining about getting peppered by range balls.

gotta love the str8fit thanks!

He looked right at thanks when he said that, didnt he? lol

1. After coming to or reading about the 1st THP FL Golf outing, are you more or less likely to come to the next one?

I look forward to the next one! It sounds like you guys/gals had too much fun :eek:)

2. Do you prefer a short weekend outing or prefer it to be an extended stay (3-4 days or more)?

Maybe a Friday/Saturday/Sunday outing. I would also consider a Tuesday - Thursday outing as the rates for hotels, flights should be cheaper? That would depend on whether people could take off from work etc.

3. If you have a family and children, what could we do to get them all involved and bring the entire group?

My wife is looking forward to coming and playing in the next event. Maybe have a couples scramble.
Maybe have the outing in the Panama City or Destin area so the non golfers could play in the sun :eek:)

4. Outside of rounds of golf, what do you want to see there?

Meet & Greet time, Beach cookout, etc.

5. Demo Day...Do you prefer free for all like it was, or would you prefer something more organized and educational.

Free style however it would be cool to have JB & Andy available for tips, discussions on shafts etc.

6. Assuming it will be in FL, what time of year would you like it done?

Fall or Spring and anytime away from the hot humid conditions

He looked right at thanks when he said that, didnt he? lol

he really did! he said: "hey you, the one with the strong grip, head up, arched back, ass out, magnum p.i. lookin, fru-fru drink drinkin'".........i think you get the gist.

Re: THP Outing Suggestions

tcalloway1 said:
he really did! he said: "hey you, the one with the strong grip, head up, arched back, ass out, magnum p.i. lookin, fru-fru drink drinkin'".........i think you get the gist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that is TOO fricking FUNNY! LMAO big time :laughing: !!!!!!

Re: THP Outing Suggestions

tcalloway1 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Count me in on the next one...maybe we can do a fall fashion show using some of the attending THP members at models. Then post it on THP for those who couldn't make it! Either way, I'm in!

Thanks1974 in a skort ahaha. Pink should work well for his "look"

I was thinking more creamy orange to match his racing stripes.

I was thinking more creamy orange to match his racing stripes.

ohhhh, that's awful. poor thanks, he'll be getting this sort of treatment at least for another week/month

<making JB, TC, and OEM voodoo dolls> lol

haha, sorry thanks. i was pm'ing OEM earlier and we were talking about what a good sport you've been. i'm just warming you up b/c i think when JB announces the caption contest, it's gonna be bad.

If ye have any intentions to expand the THP throughout Europe,
Id imagine a few of us could help organise a THP event over here. preferably somewhere warm :)

no worries man....I can take my medicine with the best of them.....if I'm gonna play I have to play ya know?

So if I'm Magnum, I say Kevin is Higgins, Keith is the real TC, and you're Rick. whatcha think?

haha, sorry thanks. i was pm'ing OEM earlier and we were talking about what a good sport you've been. i'm just warming you up b/c i think when JB announces the caption contest, it's gonna be bad.

If ye have any intentions to expand the THP throughout Europe,
Id imagine a few of us could help organise a THP event over here. preferably somewhere warm :)

As we mentioned before, demo days outside of our area, just cannot be done at this time. We would like to consider that in the future. thanks for your offer to help though definitely.

1. After coming to or reading about the 1st THP FL Golf outing, are you more or less likely to come to the next one?

Yes certainly, but if there was a European version :p .. I dont have the spare cash for a pan American trip.

2. Do you prefer a short weekend outing or prefer it to be an extended stay (3-4 days or more)?
3-4 days seems great, would really get to know the fellow hackers, and swap equipment and so on.

3. If you have a family and children, what could we do to get them all involved and bring the entire group?
I dont have any, but i think it would be nice to allow them to come along, maybe not on the course, but certainly around the clubhouse, practice area and anywhere else really. unless there is drinking involved :p

anything to mix with the people here, seems like a great bunch of people to get to know

5. Demo Day...Do you prefer free for all like it was, or would you prefer something more organized and educational.
I wasnt there to comment on your previous outing, but Id imagine a bit of both would be right up my street. allow everyone an opportunity to try what they want in the range/practice area,
and have an organised list of who takes what with them onto the course, these can be interchangeable if both parties agree.

I burn easy, so preferably when the tips of the bunkers are snow capped :p

[see my post just above this for an extra suggestion] :D

As we mentioned before, demo days outside of our area, just cannot be done at this time. We would like to consider that in the future. thanks for your offer to help though definitely.

no worries JB, that was my intention with my post.. just wanted to throw it up there for future reference really.

Being out of state and up-north....

I really do want to come to the next one, but travel and golf adds up pretty quick. That said, I would rather it be 3+ days so I could make a long weekend of it and my travel:golf spending ratio will fall more on the golf side.

I think several rounds with different people each time would be a lot of fun. I am also pretty sure that a "hat" scramble could be a lot of fun too... maybe 2-3 personal rounds and a final scramble to finish off the outing.

Demo-days should be a blend of each opportunity. There are a lot of people who would like to just hit things, but I fall into a category that I want some feedback on what I am hitting and education about what I should be looking for. SethO made a comment about JB being around to pick his brain... but you can't always expect JB to do that for everyone who want it done.

Before I answer, I would need more specific location info. If you say not at your place, are you talking as far away as Orlando or even Jacksonville? Somewhere back there I saw a post mentioning Hilton Head - that's probably too long a haul from Sarasota, but fall is OFF SEASON there. I have booked 2 BR villas there for $99 /nt that included 4 rounds of golf per day at a half dozen different courses for cart fee only (in the low $30s).

Sam,
The outing as we have mentioned will be staying in FL. As for rates, we are working on getting great rates for everybody. We wish we could do them everywhere, it is just not feasible yet.

Okay guys and gals, as many of you know, we are already planning our next outing and want it to be even bigger and better than the one we just had. So to do that, we want to hear from everybody with suggestions on what they want. Here are some basic questions we would like answered.

Since I didn't make it down for the first one, I definitely want to be there for the next one.

I work a strange schedule (Fri.-Sun.) which is really the only reason I didn't make it this time. I just ran out of vacation time vs. commitments that I had already made. If there had been a way for me to fly down on Sun. night and play golf Mon. & Tues. I would have been all over it.

I doubt if the wife and kids would make the trip.

I'm guessing the golf and a little night life would be plenty for me.

Free For All

Late fall or early winter

It sounds like everybody had a wonderful time and I'm really disappointed that I didn't make it.

Okay guys and gals, as many of you know, we are already planning our next outing and want it to be even bigger and better than the one we just had. So to do that, we want to hear from everybody with suggestions on what they want. Here are some basic questions we would like answered.

If it's in this lovely state of ours, I would be a fool to miss it.

I think just for the demo's and playing it should be for the weekend for those that can't get out of work. If they decide that they can extend then we can figure out some things to do as well.

I think the golf and the demo's should be for golfers only. I would hate to have someone there and their significant other not enjoy the festivities. The group gatherings should be everyone. Depending on where you do it in the state the kiddies could be good. I'm sure there will be plenty other things to do beside golf so the family can be adequately distracted. No matter where we go there are enough state parks around that we can have a barbecue somewhere which I think would be great and cost effective.

I think everything was great at the event. Maybe some more contests but nothing too earth shattering.

The free for all was great because there was no sales reps there. I think we should have stations (Irons, drivers/woods, wedge/hybrids, basic instruction, putters).

In the fall before it gets expensive and in the spring after it gets expensive. Those are perfect times for out of towners and those tend to be the time with the cheapest hotel rates in the state.

1. I wouldn't say more likely, but just as likely. If I can be there, I will. It was an absolute blast!

2. I think the 2 day format is good, 3 days max. I know I was sore as hell all day Monday from all the swings over the weekend!

3. Tough question - she isn't a golfer. Maybe a golf widow's outing to local attractions (shopping, attractions, etc)?

4. Demo equipment, obviously. The more, the merrier. Maybe invite some of your favorite OEM contacts to play with the rest. Amollerud needs to be there! Or if you know any pros that would come hang out with us hackers....

5. You could mix it up. Leave the clubs out for the free-for-all side, and maybe let Amollerud run a couple clinics on what people are most interested in help on?

6. October/November would probably be good. October is usually before "season" starts so rates would likely be very good, and it's not usually unbearably hot & humid.

Orlando is probably the easiest area to work with. Flights are always reasonable, and you can get good rates in the hotels most of the time as well. It also works well for the "Golf Widows" idea, since there's a ton to do in that area.

I will be there. I think 3 days is about the max for something like this. Not sure if children would enjoy it, but people who bring their family I sure would like to suggestions on other activities. And of course, the golfers dont have to attend everything. I like the way it was but having drivers and irons and wedges set up at different positions on the range. I think the fall would be the best time. Maybe in October/November.

Keep the suggestions coming. We have conference calls with 3 possible places today and will keep everybody in the loop.

Back