THP Outing Suggestions

What about a bus from the course to the hotel lol! that way we can re-paint the side of the bus?
Having things other than golf is great. I know my wife would be in for the golf. but likely not for all the demoing. She'd likely sleep in or go shopping rather than demo 20000 clubs.
After round festivities are always welcome, but not needed to be set in stone. Some of us are more tired after a round than others. Low Key - meet up for dinner or drinks is a great idea.

Right now it looks to be about $430 US (each) for us to fly down there. So the cheaper the hotel and golf the better. It usually gets cheaper about 3 months before to book flights though. That seems to be the sweet spot.

Also I think the Friday-Monday works well, That allows out of towners to fly in Friday, spend 2 days playing, fly back Monday.

JB, is there anyway that you might be able to contacting course(s) that also have villas/condos. that way we could get a group rate for golf and accomodation. our winter golf group consists of 30-40 guys and we always go to myrle's inlet, south of myrtle beach. we get 2 days of golf, and 3 nights accomodation for $350. i know it's not the same but perhaps there's somewhere that offers a golf/housing package. it would be a lot cheaper and we'd all be staying in the same place.

any idea what part of florida?

JB, is there anyway that you might be able to contacting course(s) that also have villas/condos. that way we could get a group rate for golf and accomodation. our winter golf group consists of 30-40 guys and we always go to myrle's inlet, south of myrtle beach. we get 2 days of golf, and 3 nights accomodation for $350. i know it's not the same but perhaps there's somewhere that offers a golf/housing package. it would be a lot cheaper and we'd all be staying in the same place.

any idea what part of florida?

I dunno about Florida but out here a lot of places offer stay and play packages. Good idea TC!!

I dunno about Florida but out here a lot of places offer stay and play packages. Good idea TC!!

thanks rhino. i just know from our winter golf outing that it's a lot more fun when everyone is staying in the same general location. it makes get togethers easier and typically the courses are just right there.

i know it's a pain to organize but courses that offer stay and play packages usually have really helpful folks on staff to take care of just about everything. plus we can figure out who we want to room with, lol!

There is no question that this will be a stay and play situation. We are working to make sure that the rates are perfect so more people can make it.

There is no question that this will be a stay and play situation. We are working to make sure that the rates are perfect so more people can make it.

That's awesome JB, thank you. The cheaper it is in the end, the better it will be for those of us who live far away!

One more suggestion. I liked the format we had for the first outing a lot. The only drawback I saw was there were some guys that I met that I would have liked to play with that I did not get a chance to.

I think you should try to work in one competitive round/scramble type format with players in 4 different flights paired together. We all play the same tees and there is less pressure on making perfect shots in front of strangers and you get to meet and get to know more guys. It's a good way to have longest drive, closest to the pin type of on the field contests as well.

The flight breakdowns can be adjusted based on the people committing to playing...
A flight- 0-10
B flight- 11-15
C flight- 16-20
D flight- 20 and above

Hell, I am not opposed to playing 36 on one or both days.

I hope it's in Orlando...that way I am forced to stay overnight and spend more time watching guys chum the sides of rental cars because they get all crazy...Much love Thanks!

I wonder if anyone offers a "Stay, Play & Drink" Package. Apparently Thanks would have this covered (like the side of the rental)

One more suggestion. I liked the format we had for the first outing a lot. The only drawback I saw was there were some guys that I met that I would have liked to play with that I did not get a chance to.

I think you should try to work in one competitive round/scramble type format with players in 4 different flights paired together. We all play the same tees and there is less pressure on making perfect shots in front of strangers and you get to meet and get to know more guys. It's a good way to have longest drive, closest to the pin type of on the field contests as well.

The flight breakdowns can be adjusted based on the people committing to playing...
A flight- 0-10
B flight- 11-15
C flight- 16-20
D flight- 20 and above

Hell, I am not opposed to playing 36 on one or both days.

I bet you would like a longest drive contest....hehe

I think you should try to work in one competitive round/scramble type format with players in 4 different flights paired together.

Sorry but if I am flying down there for a weekend, I want to play my own ball. We could do a Ryder Cup format, where you are paired with someone on the other "team" in the same flight as you. That way you can still play your own ball, and have some team interaction/prizes, and be competitive (if you want to)

Sorry but if I am flying down there for a weekend, I want to play my own ball. We could do a Ryder Cup format, where you are paired with someone on the other "team" in the same flight as you. That way you can still play your own ball, and have some team interaction/prizes, and be competitive (if you want to)
I enjoyed doing that as well, there was a drawback to it though. I am only suggesting one round...maybe 9 holes could be scramble and the second 9 best ball or something like that...I just want to mix up the groups and play with different people in all different flights.

The higher handicaps will learn a lot playing with better players and vice versa.

That sounds like a challenge!

man, i've obviously never seen you hit the ball, but i've seen a lot of guys, and honestly, noone i've ever seen comes close to biggsy's length, and more importantly his control.

i hope you can make the outing, b/c that would be fun to watch!!!!

i suppose if you can give whoever a tentative headcount that the rate might be cheaper? ONE!!

man, i've obviously never seen you hit the ball, but i've seen a lot of guys, and honestly, noone i've ever seen comes close to biggsy's length, and more importantly his control.

i hope you can make the outing, b/c that would be fun to watch!!!!

I have only golfed with 1 guy that is consistently longer than me (off the tee, irons I don't swing at it as hard), and he was the 3x long drive champ for my province (state), and has been to the Remax LD challenges about 8-9 times. It would be a good competition. Anyone want to sponsor me for the flight down lol!

I enjoyed doing that as well, there was a drawback to it though. I am only suggesting one round...maybe 9 holes could be scramble and the second 9 best ball or something like that...I just want to mix up the groups and play with different people in all different flights.

The higher handicaps will learn a lot playing with better players and vice versa.

I have a great idea that would make playing with different people easier atleast from a team standpoint. We are working on logistics, but the goal is to make everybody play more golf and play with more people.

I have only golfed with 1 guy that is consistently longer than me (off the tee, irons I don't swing at it as hard), and he was the 3x long drive champ for my province (state), and has been to the Remax LD challenges about 8-9 times. It would be a good competition. Anyone want to sponsor me for the flight down lol!

good lord man, now i definitely want to see this. you better make it down in the fall!!!

I have a great idea that would make playing with different people easier atleast from a team standpoint. We are working on logistics, but the goal is to make everybody play more golf and play with more people.

Switch after every hole?! :laughing:

Contests are a good idea. What do you guys think, a contest for who has the biggest slice? Cause I maybe a contender for that!

Contests are a good idea. What do you guys think, a contest for who has the biggest slice? Cause I maybe a contender for that!

my money's on thanks, lol, sorry man, just cause the caption contest is up doesn't mean i'm done with you yet.

I like it!

my money's on thanks, lol, sorry man, just cause the caption contest is up doesn't mean i'm done with you yet.

You didn't see my slices! Although honestly, they didn't show up as much as usual. The dead pull lefts stayed away too, mostly and surprisingly.

You didn't see my slices! Although honestly, they didn't show up as much as usual. The dead pull lefts stayed away too, mostly and surprisingly.

no i didn't smalls, but i do know that the man from the proshop didn't come out and tell you to aim more left either, hehe

no i didn't smalls, but i do know that the man from the proshop didn't come out and tell you to aim more left either, hehe
That was me demoing some of those whippy shafted drivers...oops :D

Hey boys...we are having complaints about range balls hitting the 9th fairway...

That was me demoing some of those whippy shafted drivers...oops :D

Hey boys...we are having complaints about range balls hitting the 9th fairway...

stupid limited flight balls, haha. i didn't see you put any over there. it must've been that i15.

Back