THP Outing Suggestions

lol it was bad until you made the adjustments for me....but by then the damage was done
my money's on thanks, lol, sorry man, just cause the caption contest is up doesn't mean i'm done with you yet.

lol it was bad until you made the adjustments for me....but by then the damage was done

we just put it on 1* closed right? did you game the VR on neutral, i don't remember adjusting that one.

I did....my swing was more in line on Sunday than Saturday

we just put it on 1* closed right? did you game the VR on neutral, i don't remember adjusting that one.

I did....my swing was more in line on Sunday than Saturday

that's awesome. do you still need a wrench thanks? i'll try to sell mine for a couple of weeks and if noone bites i'll give it to you.

That was me demoing some of those whippy shafted drivers...oops :D

Hey boys...we are having complaints about range balls hitting the 9th fairway...

I'm pretty sure I could top that. When I just give'r I can easily make my ball go 100 yards to the right.

Hmmm sounds like a interesting skills competition. Shortest drive, greatest distance off the fairway, maybe shortest putt missed. :D

1. After coming to or reading about the 1st THP FL Golf outing, are you more or less likely to come to the next one?
The outing was a blast! We'd be more likely to come if we are still in Kansas City than if we have moved out west. You don't want to miss any of these. Not so much for the golf but for the company of the attendees. Great bunch of people, every one of them. Who would have ever thought that everyone who was there was "normal"? I don't think there were any conflicts or butting heads the whole time.

2. Do you prefer a short weekend outing or prefer it to be an extended stay (3-4 days or more)?
Flying Friday and Monday and having the festivities on the weekend was perfect for me. We might stay one more day to do the touristy stuff on Monday.

3. If you have a family and children, what could we do to get them all involved and bring the entire group?
My wife would play, so if/when we come, GG you have a partner! The only problem with bringing extra people would be feeling obligated to play golf with them instead of playing with the forum members. We had that exact thing happen this time, unfortunately. People with younger kids (less than age 16) who golf would likely need to stay with them, since I don't think most courses let younger people drive carts.

4. Outside of rounds of golf, what do you want to see there?
I think Jacqui wants to do the Harry Potter thing, isn't that at Universal Orlando? You probably mean contests or competitions.

5. Demo Day...Do you prefer free for all like it was, or would you prefer something more organized and educational.
Free-for-all, definitely.

6. Assuming it will be in FL, what time of year would you like it done?
Any time off-season for better pricing. For not only the golf but for the travel and lodging.

it can't hurt for those days when the swing goes away

that's awesome. do you still need a wrench thanks? i'll try to sell mine for a couple of weeks and if noone bites i'll give it to you.

depending on the time of the year and location you could have the NFL (Bucs/Jags/Dolphins), MLB (Rays/Marlins), NHL (Bolts/Panthers) or NBA (Magic/Heat) in season for a group outing to a game?

of course theres Disney, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Adventure Island and many other water parks and smaller theme parks in the central Florida area. I also like the idea of a comedy club outing, most of those will give you free tickets for a group with only a 2-3 drink purchase minimum for everyone in the deal. which it sounds like thanks could take care of that himself! sorry bro had to get one shot in since I missed the "show"!

I hope its in JB's old stomping grounds of Tampa! things would be much cheaper all around as its much less of a tourist area then say Orlando. but still really close to alot of stuff to do. beaches, theme parks, sports teams, comedy clubs etc...

Hmmm sounds like a interesting skills competition. Shortest drive, greatest distance off the fairway, maybe shortest putt missed. :D

That's what I'm talking about!

1. After coming to or reading about the 1st THP FL Golf outing, are you more or less likely to come to the next one?
If I had not been on a cruise, I would have been at this one for sure....Since it is looking like a Fall outing, count me in 100%!!!

2. Do you prefer a short weekend outing or prefer it to be an extended stay (3-4 days or more)?
Even though I don't play as much as I want, golf is my outlet. I want to play everyday, all day. With that being said, I think a Thur-Sun would do great. Setup an optional round on Thur afternoon, Friday is demo day and free play at the course, Saturday is 36, and optional 18 on Sunday morning before heading home. A couple of different courses if possible...

3. If you have a family and children, what could we do to get them all involved and bring the entire group? i have a 6yr old and a wife who would come to FL but only because grandpa and grandma live in Daytona....I would be making the trek across the state by myself at this juncture in our golfing family life.

I think the Demo day for sure. If it could be arranged, I think something akin to the skills challenge would be cool. Even if just for fun and braggin' rights...Putting, chipping, long drive and CTP...Maybe also some contests during the rounds of golf??? We create 2 flights in our company tourney's and we do CTPx4, and Long DriveX2 during those. Tack on some putting challenges..single elimination from 5', 10', 15' 20'...etc...

5. Demo Day...Do you prefer free for all like it was, or would you prefer something more organized and educational.
I think a little smattering of organized mixed in with the demo day might be nice. Maybe a couple of semiprofessional 15-30 minute classes on swing technique, putting, chipping, etc....

Florida can get hot....Looking at the historical average temps, I would vote for last week in Oct to the first 2 weeks in November... Highs of 80-82 and lows of 63-65

thanks for putting another one together JB and GG!!

Those are all great links, but we are looking for something a little different. This is not your typical outing due to the large amount of equipment and range area needed as well as we really want this to be a stay and play. Meaning that most will want to stay on property and golf. Because of that, we have to speak with event planners to see about organizing each and every one.

I'll do my level best to be there, just depends on timing. Early fall is a pretty busy time for me with the business, but possible. Later in October generally open's up better for me. If I make it I will likely bring Liz and stay extra day's in the region. 3 or 4 THP day's would be cool, then we can see the sites for a couple more.

As far as the set up beyond that, I'll let the guy's who made the last trip speak out for this.

This might be a budget buster, but Reunion has great condos and hotel rooms and 2 of the 3 golf courses are gorgeous.

This might be a budget buster, but Reunion has great condos and hotel rooms and 2 of the 3 golf courses are gorgeous.

We have been speaking with them over hte last few days Biggsy. Not sure it fits for many though. We want a rate that beats out most and still have amazing courses. Reunion Villas are mostly individually owned, so its hard to get them to agree on a good rate.

ok cool gotcha!

Those are all great links, but we are looking for something a little different. This is not your typical outing due to the large amount of equipment and range area needed as well as we really want this to be a stay and play. Meaning that most will want to stay on property and golf. Because of that, we have to speak with event planners to see about organizing each and every one.

We are working with numerous places trying to get the best rate for stay and play at a place we feel people would want to come. Hopefully more details are coming up this week and we can firm down dates and place soon.

No change.

2-3 days, preferably including the weekend.

3. If you have a family and children, what could we do to get them all involved and bring the entire group?
N/A. My wife is not interested. No kids.

As long as there is golf to be had, I'll be happy.

The free for all format seems fine.

January, February or March, when I can't play at home: That would be the biggest motivator for me attending the event.

I'm still kind of a newbie here, but all this is very intriguing, especially since I'm in South Florida 2-3 times a year. My MIL lives outside of Ft. Lauderdale and actually I was planning on being in Naples the weekend of this past golf outing (saw the weather report and went to Key West instead...). It isn't out of the realm of possibility for me to be able to make a trip there for a weekend. Sounds like a great time was had by all, and I'm interested to hear about the upcoming golf fiesta. The wife would love some beach/pool time and I'm always looking for the open tee...

We should have more information coming up on this shortly. We are just waiting for a couple of more quotes and we will be able to make some decisions. I think you guys will like what we have planned.

Back