TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
I really want to like Sergio and i have to admit, it's been painful watching this guy struggle, not only on the course today, but what seems like for a while. I'm not sure what's going on with him and his game but ever since A.K. smoked him in the singles matches at the ryder cup, he just hasn't been the same.

he's playing with no fire, which is not what we came to expect from him.

anyway, do you guys think he'll represent the europeans in the ryder cup this year based on his play in the last few months?

if so, how do you think he'll play? who should monty pair him with?

the shot he hit behind the bush/tree was tough to watch ... it took him what seemed like 15 minutes to try to figure out how to hit the shot and when he eventually did he wound up catching the branches on the backswing despite apparently doing everything he could to plan not to ... guy just needs to step away ... party with some curvacious babes ... and come back to the game feeling good ...

I keep hearing he's changed his grip from overlap to interlock.

Although the change was fairly recently, it'll add to his inability to play well...

i guess he's hurt, i guess he's changing his grip, but i also think that it's something that all of these guys go through. it's just hard to watch him play, he looks like he's not enjoying himself.

ryder cup team?

Re: Oh! Sergio

If he could have only found some success with the flat stick walt in his career...what could have been?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sergio just needs a refined beer girl to take his mind off things

Last edited by a moderator:
So do I??

sergio just needs a refined beer girl to take his mind off things

Is this really necessary? We have a family and child friendly board here and frankly to me, this does not have a need in a golf thread.

Last edited:
Re: Oh! Sergio

JB said:
Is this really necessary? We have a family and child friendly board here and frankly to me, this does not have a need in a golf thread.

Agreed. Kind of impressive. But still....

lol better be careful jb you're quite precariously straddling the line between admirable moderation and vacuous censorship ... your reputation is at stake :act-up:

That picture was in poor taste...
Meanwhile, back on topic...I think that Sergio will represent the Euros. Granted, he may not be a threat to the title of world #1; but he's still a solid player. I personally dont much care for the guy and I think he has a bad attitude, but I cant see him not making the Euro team.

That picture was in poor taste
lol such an innocent picture ... yet disproportionately vilified ... this place at times seems in danger of turning people into vapid zombies ... as if anesthetized into mindless conformity ... i won't go so far as calling it queen bee syndrome just yet ... but i appreciate the rights of those indignant opinions as much as the more sensible ones ... i wonder which understanding sergio would favor ... :act-up: anyway that's my last word on that ...

lol better be careful jb you're quite precariously straddling the line between admirable moderation and vacuous censorship ... your reputation is at stake :act-up:

lol such an innocent picture ... yet disproportionately vilified ... this place at times seems in danger of turning people into vapid zombies ... as if anesthetized into mindless conformity ... i won't go so far as calling it queen bee syndrome just yet ... but i appreciate the rights of those indignant opinions as much as the more sensible ones ... i wonder which understanding sergio would favor ... :act-up: anyway that's my last word on that ...

Im really sorry you feel that way, but we have a series of mods here that all felt as though that picture was not needed anywhere near a board that allows young children to be a part of it. Do you feel as though some of our members that are 12 and under need to see images like that when staying out of the random and off topic threads? This is the 2nd time that it has been brought up and frankly it will not happen again.

We are sorry you dont approve of the way we moderate a forum, but that will not change and is the reason we can allow children to our site. Your picture has been deleted!

There's other places where that wouldn't have been a problem at all. Heck I belong to places where that pic would have been no big deal at all in a thread designed for that kind of pic! But not here. I would have deleted it if I had seen it first.

Well back to Sergio, at least for me. I agree that it is just painful to watch him right now, I was just talking to my dad about this over the weekend last week and was thinking about starting a thread like this myself. He seems to be so not into it, when Faldo said that during Masters week about Sergio's answer to the "you ready for the Masters?" question is just ridiculous. How can someone be expected to compete in an event if he's not even "ready" for it to start?!?! He carries himself like a slouch right now, never smiles, never seems to enjoy it, totally opposite of what he was when he first came out on Tour. He needs to figure it out and quick or his talent is going to just keep on deteriorating with each passing week, soon it'll be to the point where he completely loses ala David Duval or something. Sergio has the game to be top 5 in the world for a long long time, but he has no heart for it (at least not right now the way it seems).

I guess I forgot about the Ryder Cup part, my guess is that even if he doesn't qualify that he'll get a captain's pick from Monty. Everyone in the world knows how a different Sergio shows up come Ryder Cup time. I'm guessing as the weeks wear on if he realizes he's not on the team based on points he'll pump up his play and earn a spot. He lives for the Ryder Cup.

I personally think that Sergio has not played all that well since losing to Harrington at the PGA a few years ago. It seems to me that since that point he has consistently lost his way. I know he has had some personal issues but I feel it has gone on for a long time now. I truly enjoy watching him swing, but it is getting so rare to see him in contention any more.

As for the Ryder Cup, I feel that Monty has to decide if Sergio wants to be there. If his heart is in it, if he feels it is, he is a great player as a teammate in the first two days of the competition. He can certainly win a few matches because of his experience.

Sergio has all the talent and skill that is needed to win majors and be the #1 golfer in the world, he just has some kind of mental block that prevents him from stringing together 4 good rounds and being able to make it happen in high pressure situations.
IMO, all he needs is to break through 1 time and the flood gates will open and Sergio will win a lot of tourneys. He just needs to prove to himself that he CAN win in the majors.

There's other places where that wouldn't have been a problem at all. Heck I belong to places where that pic would have been no big deal at all in a thread designed for that kind of pic! But not here. I would have deleted it if I had seen it first.

lol talk about making amountain out of molehill ...

probably best for you to not show an interest in the 16th at tpc scottsdale ... a picture of a girl with a beer bottle in her mouth? lololol ...

not that its your nor anyone elses business, but i was talking shortly before posting that picture with someone about beer girls ... it was in inside joke and really quite unimportant ...

you're just making yourself look ... misguided ... let it go and move on ... sometimes doing too much is worse than doing too little ...

if you really think that picture of a girl with a beer bottle in her mouth shouldn't be in this forum ... lolol ...

Sorry, I think you are the one making the waves here. You were asked specifically to let it go and not to do that on a family forum. Yet you continued to harp on it. Move along already. This is a forum owned by a woman and here to serve men, women, and children alike. If you have an issue with those rules, than that is a really sad state. If you do not, drop it already and move on.

lol talk about making amountain out of molehill ...

probably best for you to not show an interest in the 16th at tpc scottsdale ... a picture of a girl with a beer bottle in her mouth? lololol ...

not that its your nor anyone elses business, but i was talking shortly before posting that picture with someone about beer girls ... it was in inside joke and really quite unimportant ...

you're just making yourself look ... misguided ... let it go and move on ... sometimes doing too much is worse than doing too little ...

if you really think that picture of a girl with a beer bottle in her mouth shouldn't be in this forum ... lolol ...

You seem to be the only person who thought that picture was appropriate in this thread so I think you re the one who is misguided. There is a place for everything and this thread, was not the place. As JB has stated, this is a family friendly forum and that picture is not suitable for children. We have rules here for a reason so you can either abide by them or move along. This conversation is not up for debate....this is not the debate room and this thread will not be moved there.

Im really sorry you feel that way, but we have a series of mods here that all felt as though that picture was not needed anywhere near a board that allows young children to be a part of it. Do you feel as though some of our members that are 12 and under need to see images like that when staying out of the random and off topic threads? This is the 2nd time that it has been brought up and frankly it will not happen again.

We are sorry you dont approve of the way we moderate a forum, but that will not change and is the reason we can allow children to our site. Your picture has been deleted!

it's your show jb you do as you please ... but saying a picture of a girl with a beer bottle in her mouth is inappropriate because children might see it ... well that's more than a little naive ... and (though i won't call you or anyone else out or have it said i'm making personal attacks) even moreso ... it's a bit phony ... even the best principles are not immune from scrutiny ... let alone questionable ones ... but again ... your sod ... i'm just passing through ...

And that is exactly what you should be doing....Passing through on your next stop!!!!!

Back