Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're trying to make a left turn and go into the left lane and there's an island there but the car you're stuck behind in the middle lane leaves about a mile gap in between him/her and the car in front of him/her causing you to miss the green arrow!!! GRRR!!!!

And yet, California drivers are sooo much better than Oregon drivers. :banghead:

You're trying to make a left turn and go into the left lane and there's an island there but the car you're stuck behind in the middle lane leaves about a mile gap in between him/her and the car in front of him/her causing you to miss the green arrow!!! GRRR!!!!

I hate that!!!

And yet, California drivers are sooo much better than Oregon drivers. :banghead:

You should see the westside drivers, they're THE WORST. Right when the light turns green, they'll honk you if you're not moving!! I had a mom in a minivan with her kid flip me the bird once because it was my turn to go at a 4-way stop and so I went, great model she is for her child!! The wesiders here are haters if you're not driving a Mercedes, Ferrari, BMW, Bentley, etc. Its pretty bad!!

For those of you that don't know southern California, the west side pertains to Santa Monica, Los Angeles (mostly around Westwood/UCLA), Beverly Hills, Hollywood, ect.

beep beep.....Saturn coming through!

I have always had faster cars but I wanted to be more practical so I got a car with payments that were 1/2 the cost. I like the room it offers but that's about it I need something that can more when I hit the gas. I can't wait to get a different car but for now I can afford the payments.

You should see the westside drivers, they're THE WORST. Right when the light turns green, they'll honk you if you're not moving!! I had a mom in a minivan with her kid flip me the bird once because it was my turn to go at a 4-way stop and so I went, great model she is for her child!! The wesiders here are haters if you're not driving a Mercedes, Ferrari, BMW, Bentley, etc. Its pretty bad!!

For those of you that don't know southern California, the west side pertains to Santa Monica, Los Angeles (mostly around Westwood/UCLA), Beverly Hills, Hollywood, ect.

I lived in SoCal for many years so I know how they all drive. At least California drivers know how to move along quickly. Oregon is the only place where I see drivers on the on-ramp to a freeway actually slow down to a crawl - waiting for an opening in the right-most lane to open up - holding up everyone else on that on-ramp. They also don't seem to know right-of-way, with either everyone going at the same time at a four-way stop, or no one going because they're all confused. Total.failure.

I lived in SoCal for many years so I know how they all drive. At least California drivers know how to move along quickly. Oregon is the only place where I see drivers on the on-ramp to a freeway actually slow down to a crawl - waiting for an opening in the right-most lane to open up - holding up everyone else on that on-ramp. They also don't seem to know right-of-way, with either everyone going at the same time at a four-way stop, or no one going because they're all confused. Total.failure.

haa haa, Oregon-ites have all the time in the world :) haa haa Its pretty there, it was the first place that I saw a big rig with 3 trailers attached to it. Guess you can't do it here because of all the traffic. But its nice there, no sales tax :clapp: My dad lives there and I drove to see him, wow, its a long drive!!

It is beautiful up here, but all that greenery comes at a price: it rains 9 months out of the year!

No sales tax is nice indeed, but income tax and property tax are high.

It is a long drive, but I've made the trip from Portland to Anaheim in 15 1/2 hours once, and that's counting 4 bathroom/gas/snack breaks!

It is beautiful up here, but all that greenery comes at a price: it rains 9 months out of the year!

No sales tax is nice indeed, but income tax and property tax are high.

It is a long drive, but I've made the trip from Portland to Anaheim in 15 1/2 hours once, and that's counting 4 bathroom/gas/snack breaks!
I did the drive in 17 hours and I think that's with dinner and pit stops along the way. Its brutal!!

"ummm... youre driving a brand new corvette!
youre entering the highway!
why on earth are you slowing down?
dont you know slowing down to 25mph on a highway causes accidents?
jeeeeez!!!"

that was my convo with my sideview mirror this morning on the way to being late for my teetime this morning

hoped to never use this thread but the a/c went out today and the service guy cant get my part till Monday afternoon! valve broke and I lost all my freon and only way I would have air till Monday was to pay him $40 a lb for 6 lbs plus $75 to install only to have them bleed the system on Monday for the repair and charge me all over again for the freon cause you cant reuse it! gonna cost me $550 for the total repair, which hurts but no air for almost 4 days is worse! I have SIX young kids in my house all under the age of 8! thankfully one of the wifes friends offered for her and the kids to come over. but I'm stuck riding it out with the dog at the sweatbox! thankfully its only 85* today and 86* tommorow and 84* on Sunday! :banghead: gotta feeling I'll be taking alot of COLD showers with the dog! oh well if you dont hear from me for a few days its cause my keyboard melted...:angry:

hoped to never use this thread but the a/c went out today and the service guy cant get my part till Monday afternoon! valve broke and I lost all my freon and only way I would have air till Monday was to pay him $40 a lb for 6 lbs plus $75 to install only to have them bleed the system on Monday for the repair and charge me all over again for the freon cause you cant reuse it! gonna cost me $550 for the total repair, which hurts but no air for almost 4 days is worse! I have SIX young kids in my house all under the age of 8! thankfully one of the wifes friends offered for her and the kids to come over. but I'm stuck riding it out with the dog at the sweatbox! thankfully its only 85* today and 86* tommorow and 84* on Sunday! :banghead: gotta feeling I'll be taking alot of COLD showers with the dog! oh well if you dont hear from me for a few days its cause my keyboard melted...:angry:

Yikes, sorry to hear that :( I'll send some cold air your way :D

I know EXACTLY how you feel. The exact same thing happened to me 1 week after my wife and I came home from the hospital with a newborn! Worse, it was middle of July in the Mojave Desert = 110*F. House stayed doown around 90...

Good luck, maybe get out for a bit of golf...

now your my kinda man Sacul! thats exactly what I was thinking get out of the heat in the house and go play some golf in the heat! if I'm gonna be hot might as well be doing something I love! :golf2:

your right it could be worse, it could be July or August and in the high 90's with a feels like of 120*!! :beat-up:

now your my kinda man Sacul! thats exactly what I was thinking get out of the heat in the house and go play some golf in the heat! if I'm gonna be hot might as well be doing something I love! :golf2:

When life throws you lemons...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. The exact same thing happened to me 1 week after my wife and I came home from the hospital with a newborn! Worse, it was middle of July in the Mojave Desert = 110*F. House stayed doown around 90...

At least it's a dry heat. LOL. I cannot live without AC, and I'm in WI. I would explode in the Summer in a state that's actually hot. Literally. There would be steaming bits of Esox scattered over a wide area after I hit critical temperature.

After playing a decent nine holes yesterday, hitting my new used driver well, and putting really well, I was looking forward to playing this weekend. Saturday with the family, and Sunday I was scheduled to play in a season opener scramble at my new club with the pro. Shotgun scramble then a big buffet for a meet and greet. Though I don't care for scrambles, this was going to be pretty neat. I was a member at my last club for 8 years and rarely even spoke to the pros, much less played golf with them. Now we have 80% chance of T-storms for the next two days.

Figures.

Kevin

I was a member at my last club for 8 years and rarely even spoke to the pros, much less played golf with them.
Kevin

Once you get in with the pros, you're set for as long as you're there. Once I started helping with the kids and high schoolers at my local course, I now play golf weekly with the 2 pros, and they both give me little swing pointers on the course and sometimes one of them will even visit with me on the range, take a look at my swing, do a little this, a little that, you know...

Glad to hear you're liking the new club!

Once you get in with the pros, you're set for as long as you're there. Once I started helping with the kids and high schoolers at my local course, I now play golf weekly with the 2 pros, and they both give me little swing pointers on the course and sometimes one of them will even visit with me on the range, take a look at my swing, do a little this, a little that, you know...

Glad to hear you're liking the new club!

I don't like the course quite as much as the old one, but the people and attitude toward juniors is light years ahead. Let me know if you get back to Cheeseland and I'll take you out and show how an old, fat, experienced guy does it. LOL. The Packers schedule came out and I have the gold package tickets. I get the Cowboys on a Sunday night. I hope by the time that rolls around I can taunt some of these THP Cowboys fans.

Kevin

oh my now thats a interesting visual!!

. I would explode in the Summer in a state that's actually hot. Literally. There would be steaming bits of Esox scattered over a wide area after I hit critical temperature.

ok its 11pm all the windows are open and there about 10 fans going in the house and its still 83* in here!! :sweat:

I don't like the course quite as much as the old one, but the people and attitude toward juniors is light years ahead. Let me know if you get back to Cheeseland and I'll take you out and show how an old, fat, experienced guy does it. LOL. The Packers schedule came out and I have the gold package tickets. I get the Cowboys on a Sunday night. I hope by the time that rolls around I can taunt some of these THP Cowboys fans.

Kevin

Thanks for the invite, I might take you up on that someday in the far off future...

Nice score with the tickets! Prime time against a decent team! You know, being from Green Bay, us hometowners never did like the Milwaukee people taking our tickets... but I'll let it go!:D

Thanks for the invite, I might take you up on that someday in the far off future...

Nice score with the tickets! Prime time against a decent team! You know, being from Green Bay, us hometowners never did like the Milwaukee people taking our tickets... but I'll let it go!:D

And we Milwaukee people never did like how you Green Bay people thought that tickets we owned for 50 years were "your" tickets. LOL. Seriously, though, as cool as Lambeau Field is, driving home after a game is such a hassle that I sometimes sell mine. Especially the night games. I once sold four Viking Monday night game tickets for $390 a piece. Of course the ticket broker turned around and sold them for $550.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back