Golf Hall of Fame Pics

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
Jus thought I would share a few pics from my visit to the Golf Hall of Fame. It was pretty neat to see the history of the golf from the early golf clubs to today's technology. The exhibit included the feather filled balls to the gutta percha balls (circa 1800's). I putted with the gutta percha and it was actually pretty good (the ball, not the putt). The had early clubs that actually looked more like farm tools than sticks. It is amazing that although the changes have been significan they have essentiall remained the same conceptually.

The tour included many of Bob Hope's memorbilia. I was not aware he was that much an ambassador for the game. I saw the replica golf club used to hit the shot on the moon. They had video of it as well which was pretty cool. Never get tired of seeing that.

They had desplays honoring Payne Stewart (One of my all time favs...notice the putter he uses); Charlie Sifford and the challenges he endured; Annika's "59" scorecard; Bernhard Langer's trophies (he is one of my favs as well); PING Gold Putter of Greg Norman; a brief case with all of Harvey Penick's notes for his Red Book; Showcases for Jose Maria Olazabal and VJ Sing. There were also great tributes to women golfers including: Nancy Lopez, Mickey Wright and Babe Didrikson Zaharias.

The also had a replica (outside) of the island hole at Sawgrass the you try to hit onto. If you make an ace on the hole, grad prize is two tickets to the Players Championship. I was told they average two winners a year. I tried on a windy day, and put three in the water. I dont think the wind really mattered.

It was quite an interesting tour and I hope you get a chance to see it soon.

IMG_1393.jpg

Golf Club that Hit shot on moon. It was a Wilson 6 iron

IMG_1395.jpg

KOLF

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

Harvey Penick Stuff

IMG_1414.jpg

Charlie Sifford

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

Jose Maria Olazabal

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

Awesome stuff Keith.

Nice stuff SMG!

The first three pics have a "This image or video has been moved or deleted" tag to them. I can't see them.

I will try this again:

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

Thanks Keith SMG!

Nice pics Keith. Love that Annika scorecard pic.

Great stuff Keith...I'm with everyone else about the fascination of Annika's scorecard.

good stuff Keith! that Payne Stewart pic is begging to become an avatar

Great pics, thanks for sharing! I got goose bumps when I scrolled down to the Payne Stewart shot. Wow.

I love the Greg Norman putter. Perhaps my favorite golfer of all time. I wish he could have pulled off that British Open 2 years ago. Not to mention the masters at least once!
I was given a Norman straw hat over the winter. I have worn it during a few rounds this year, so far I love it. Especially when I walk 18.

Whats the big deal about a 59....I have shot it before. Oh wait, I only played 12 holes or so...

good stuff Keith! that Payne Stewart pic is begging to become an avatar

I'm actually surprised that MO_Hacker didn't take care of that last night!

Awesome pics SMG! Like everyone else, the sight of Annika's scorecard is awesome. I also liked The Shark's putter (I'm a big fan) and the Payne Stewart plaque (even bigger fan).

Annika's scorecard. Unbelievable, only 5 pars. I can't imagine watching that round.

Annika's scorecard. Unbelievable, only 5 pars. I can't imagine watching that round.

Cmon Soxy, I have had many rounds with only 5 pars....Oh wait, the rest of mine were not birdies though.

Wow, this is some great stuff :) Where is this at, BTW?

um....yeah....ah....read the title of the thread:bulgy-eyes:

I know...DUH!! But what city/state?? I knew the obvious!!

NEVERMIND!!!

The Golf Hall of Fame is in St. Augustine, FL. Just south of Jacksonville.

Thanks for sharing Keith.

I've always wondered, what were the conditions of fairways and greens like back before the 1900s? Dirt? Fields? How did they cut the grass? It's all such a mystery. Maybe I'll spend some time on google this afternoon!

Back