What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally a half decent round... or is that a decent half round?
shot a 43... shoulda been a 40... but i started with a triple right off teh bat

The good golf continues today for me as I shot 79 with only 1 birdie at our home course. If I could get the putter rolling that would have been 70 or 71. I played the day with GG and it was a blast.

I just played 18 with JB and had the best time ever! My score still sucked but I actually 2 putted 8 of the 9 holes on the back 9...then of course I 4 putted the last hole but either way that is damn good for me. I had some really great shots and some really really bad shots. Lol almost made it into the next fairway on one hole. Overall I am pleased with at least one part of my game today and for that I feel this was a successful round. Plus the weather was great and so was the company. Today was a great day!

Glad you had a nice time GG. At this point in my game, a few good shots and some one/two putts can make the round! Gives me something positive to build off of.

Played a quick nine holes tonight.

Par 3 4
Par 4 5
Par 4 3
Par 3 4
Par 5 4
Par 4 4
Par 4 5
Par 4 4
Par 4 4

Par 35 37(+2)

Fairways 4/7
GIR 4/9
Putts 13
Scambling 0/4

Ball striking was below average but putted well enough to maintain a good score.

Snuck out this morning and played nine...unfortunately we ran into the rain on #6.
Par 5 5 Par 3 3
Par 4 3 Par 5 6
Par 3 4 Par 3 4
Par 4 5 Par 5 5
Par 4 4 Out In 39!

The seemore was on point again today, I hit all the fairways with my driver and was ripping the 3 wood off the deck. My only problem was my irons are still being ignorant as is my short game!

Played 18 today with a pretty strong North wind around 20 gusting a bit more at times. Shot 82 which was pretty crazy being I couldn't seem to hit a driver or long iron worth a hoot. Every time I seemed to be out of a skin, I would hit a great mid and shorter iron close, or make a stupid long putt.

I had 32 putts today with three three putts, lmao. I was one putting from every where, but had three holes that I simple could not read the speed or break. Pins on this course were all tucked in the hardest "Sunday" positions for a tournament that was going on at the same time.

Thats a strong round Duey. Funny how you cant get off the tee very well but your approach shots or chips save you.

Thats a strong round Duey. Funny how you cant get off the tee very well but your approach shots or chips save you.

Thanks Kevin, It really is kind of crazy. I've been like that all year so far, especially the putting. I've been averaging 30 putts a round and had 26 on one round. I only hit 3 fairways all day, so had to scramble on almost every hole, lol.

Played 27 holes at Cantigny today. Shot 86 on the first 18 and shot 40 on the second round of nine. It is a farily difficult course and we played from the back, so I am pleased with the round.

first real round in at least 6 months. shot a 108 that I felt was much better than what was on paper. Short game was decent and putter was lights out. I basically played without a driver or an 8 iron so Im actually happy with the score. And I played the entire round which is always cool. Regardless it was major fun being out on the course with friends for the first time this year.

Oh...and soundly beating my buddy who trash talked all week.

played nine today with a friend who hasnt played in 6 years. I shot a 47 he shot a 65.

Well yesterday 3rd time out shot a 100 51 on the front 49 on the back with 21 putts on the front, 23 putts on the back 44 putts ain't doing it 3 putted on 8 holes would have had a 92 if I even 2 putted those 8 holes :angry: well at least even this early in the year 101, 102, 100 for 1st 3 times out is still light years ahead of this time last year:clap:

Yesterday at the Georgia outing I was using my new PING G15's (2nd and 3rd rounds with them). First round of the day I shot a 101 at Butternut Creek. Second round at Old Dominion I shot 80. Unfortunately, game was called due to darkness and we still had #17 (Par 5) and #18 (Par 4) to go. Even shooting an 80 up to #17 was an exceptional round for me. Thus far the G15's are money. I hope I can continue improving my consistency.

Last edited:
awesome seemore guy good luck with the new sticks!

Thanks Sunday Hacker!!

Shot 151 today. 81 on the first round(10 over), 70(1 under) on the second round. The course I played had superfast greens and I 3 putted 5 times in the first round, but 1 putted 8 times in the second round. The putter was the differnce between the two rounds.

Now I'm melting into the couch after 10 hours of golf.

Shot 151 today. 81 on the first round(10 over), 70(1 under) on the second round. The course I played had superfast greens and I 3 putted 5 times in the first round, but 1 putted 8 times in the second round. The putter was the differnce between the two rounds.

Nice shooting AZRhode! looks like your game really started to click during the second round.

That is a great round. The 81 with five 3 putts is great. The putter makes a heck of a difference.

Nice shooting AZRhode! looks like your game really started to click during the second round.

I did get it together. No birdies in the first round with 2 doubles and six bogies. Three birdies and 2 bogies in the second round. It was fun, but now I'm beat!

Great rounds AZ. It is amazing how much 2 rounds of golf can take out of a person...at least out of me. The flatstick is the money club most nearly every time.

Re: What did you shoot today?

AZRhode said:
I did get it together. No birdies in the first round with 2 doubles and six bogies. Three birdies and 2 bogies in the second round. It was fun, but now I'm beat!
Wow man. Awesome scores! What course did you hit up? If ya dont mind me askin.

Wow man. Awesome scores! What course did you hit up? If ya dont mind me askin.

Gold Canyon Sidewinder Course. Greens were awesome once I figured it out.

AZRhode said:
Gold Canyon Sidewinder Course. Greens were awesome once I figured it out.
Nice man. Beautiful weather today too!

SeeMoreGuy said:
Yesterday at the Georgia outing I was using my new PING G15's (2nd and 3rd rounds with them). First round of the day I shot a 101 at Butternut Creek. Second round at Old Dominion I shot 80. Unfortunately, game was called due to darkness and we still had #17 (Par 5) and #18 (Par 4) to go. Even shooting an 80 up to #17 was an exceptional round for me. Thus far the G15's are money. I hope I can continue improving my consistency.

Awesome news on the new sticks Keith! Glad they're working out for you already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back