Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went off my healthy eating diet plan yesterday and ate a cheeseburger, french fries and some onion rings. The wife and I said we'd give ourselves a cheat meal every week but the was really overboard. Felt lousy the whole rest of the day with no energy and craved bad carbs a few hours later (probably the roller coaster blood sugar). Didn't even workout(will now workout on my off day). It's just not worth it for me anymore. Food is your body's fuel and when you put crap in it is just not going to run at a high level. I remember eating like this all the time and just thought it was normal to feel sluggish. I never want to live that way again. I will still cheat but not to that extreme.

Re: Official Rant of the Day Thread

Sir Shanksalot said:
Went off my healthy eating diet plan yesterday and ate a cheeseburger, french fries and some onion rings. The wife and I said we'd give ourselves a cheat meal every week but the was really overboard. Felt lousy the whole rest of the day with no energy and craved bad carbs a few hours later (probably the roller coaster blood sugar). Didn't even workout(will now workout on my off day). It's just not worth it for me anymore. Food is your body's fuel and when you put crap in it is just not going to run at a high level. I remember eating like this all the time and just thought it was normal to feel sluggish. I never want to live that way again. I will still cheat but not to that extreme.
If you're going to cheat, do it the right way and include bacon. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're going to cheat, do it the right way and include bacon. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL. Actually the place we go to includes bacon on every burger unless you tell them not to so there was bacon. My other rant is the cancellation of men's opening day ay my club today because of the rain.:angry:

to the 4some 2 groups in front of me today...
could you please let ppl play thru?
we all know you might have money riding on all 4 of you hitting your shots in different directions on every teebox... you started directly behind another 4some that are now 3 full holes in front of you...
why are you hitting provisionals when your first ball is clearly visible sitting on top of the front teebox 20 yrds away from you?
why are you getting mad at me for skipping your group? are you serious that you thought i messed up your shot that you duffed anyway 3 or 4 more times?
ummm everyone behind you except for our group called the proshop/marshalls to complain about your slow play... we were polite enough to just skip a whole hole for you to spend the next hour attempting to reach the green... sorry to disturb you...
//rantover//

The new Reebok Zigs could be the ugliest shoes ever made.....

Debated starting a new thread about this, but it should probably go here.

On Saturday I played with my normal golfing partner for the first time this year. I've been playing solo for the most part up to now. I actually wrote about him in another thread about following the rules and said that it didn't bother me that he didn't follow the rules of golf.

Well, it bothered me yesterday. Alot. I know that I'm supposed to be playing against the course, but I was annoyed that his "scorecard" said he was 10 strokes less than me when he took multiple tee shots, lost a dozen balls, didn't count putts he barely missed, etc. I struggled to get the score I did and even hit my second shot from behind the reds once. It just seems lame to hear someone say the carded a five when it was more like an eight.

I guess my main complaint is that I wish I had someone to play with that took the game a little more seriously. I feel like I'm going to be playing solo all summer and it's kind of a bummer.

isn't it amazing how much of a difference you can feel when you eat healthy and then cheat with something that bad. You just feel sick, your body feels heavy, and you are so right you end up craving all the bad for you things which keeps the vicious cycle going.

Debated starting a new thread about this, but it should probably go here.

On Saturday I played with my normal golfing partner for the first time this year. I've been playing solo for the most part up to now. I actually wrote about him in another thread about following the rules and said that it didn't bother me that he didn't follow the rules of golf.

Well, it bothered me yesterday. Alot. I know that I'm supposed to be playing against the course, but I was annoyed that his "scorecard" said he was 10 strokes less than me when he took multiple tee shots, lost a dozen balls, didn't count putts he barely missed, etc. I struggled to get the score I did and even hit my second shot from behind the reds once. It just seems lame to hear someone say the carded a five when it was more like an eight.

I guess my main complaint is that I wish I had someone to play with that took the game a little more seriously. I feel like I'm going to be playing solo all summer and it's kind of a bummer.

That sucks Hawk! Is there a men's league at the club you play at that maybe you can join? Meet some new people and guys who are more serious about the game?

I think I'm going to try to meet some people by walking on as a single. I've heard some other people had luck doing that. The funny thing is that I have some great golfing partners that I met through THP, but they live all over the country. Booooo

I think I'm going to try to meet some people by walking on as a single. I've heard some other people had luck doing that. The funny thing is that I have some great golfing partners that I met through THP, but they live all over the country. Booooo

I do that all the time. Most 2somes take me into their group once they see I won't hold them up anymore than they already play.

I might have to hit you up sometime. I grew up about an hour south of the QCA (close to Macomb) and visit there from time to time.

That's usually the way I roll, and works quite well. I now know a ton of people at my local course, and end up playing with those people again. After the first 3 holes, you'll be joking and laughing with them for the rest of the round!

I have yet to do this...something about me coming into an established group alays makes me feel awkward and nervous

I do that all the time. Most 2somes take me into their group once they see I won't hold them up anymore than they already play.

I might have to hit you up sometime. I grew up about an hour south of the QCA (close to Macomb) and visit there from time to time.

Are you near Valparaiso? We are there a few times a year with my girl's family.

I have yet to do this...something about me coming into an established group alays makes me feel awkward and nervous

I feel a little odd about this too, especially since I'm still a beginner. I actually walked with two other singles during my first round this year. They were both better than me, but they were really fun to play with. They were ready golfers and not judgemental at all. I didn't have any trouble keeping up with them and it was a pretty good experience.

Nothing beats the feeling of stepping up to the first tee after the 2 unfamiliars striped their drives down the middle. Feel like something between a thriller and horror movie... I usually miss the first fairway.:D

Are you near Valparaiso? We are there a few times a year with my girl's family.

About 45 minutes straight east on US 30 for the next month. I volunteered to work in WY for the summer (I'm a sucker for overtime pay) so I'll be gone from the Midwest outing till early September.

Well, if you make it my way, look me up and I'll do the same if it's before or after your trip. It's always cool to meet a fellow THP'er.

Re: Official Rant of the Day Thread

thanks1974 said:

this is an interesting concept. it's definitely hard to do (try being female). when I move to new place, I try and establish a 'home course'. I become a range rat and eventually start chatting up the regulars. I get to know the shop folks. I let them know I'm looking for a regular game. if they're worth anything, they'll know a good group to get me in. from there....I'm in.

if it's a new course while I'm out oftown, I call ahead to ask to be fit in....I mention that I'm flexible (lol), hit a long ball, and shoot in the 70's so they might want to stick me in a group with an open mind.

I'll have to try and do more of that. of course you're at a different skill level than me so you prob have no worries about not playing well in front of strangers or keeping up. thanks SD!
this is an interesting concept. it's definitely hard to do (try being female). when I move to new place, I try and establish a 'home course'. I become a range rat and eventually start chatting up the regulars. I get to know the shop folks. I let them know I'm looking for a regular game. if they're worth anything, they'll know a good group to get me in. from there....I'm in.

if it's a new course while I'm out oftown, I call ahead to ask to be fit in....I mention that I'm flexible (lol), hit a long ball, and shoot in the 70's so they might want to stick me in a group with an open mind.

I'll have to try and do more of that. of course you're at a different skill level than me so you prob have no worries about not playing well in front of strangers or keeping up. thanks SD!

my skill level isn't most people's concern. sort of.

the first impression on the tee box is 'oh f@#k....some girl is here to play golf...she'll totally slow us up and we have to watch our language'. once they see that i'm not a bad golfer and drop the eff bomb more than they do....it's all good.

Ha....

just got confirmation from the dr. that yes, little man has pink eye!! this sucks!!

Sorry to hear that TC. Hopefully he kicks it quickly!

thanks buddy. we knew it was coming. i picked him up from daycare last thursday and the director informed me that one of the other parents dropped their toddler off, knowing that they had pink eye. this is our 2nd bout with it, and he's a trooper about it, i just hate it for him.

daycare = petri dish
thanks buddy. we knew it was coming. i picked him up from daycare last thursday and the director informed me that one of the other parents dropped their toddler off, knowing that they had pink eye. this is our 2nd bout with it, and he's a trooper about it, i just hate it for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back