The Movie Review Thread

The Hurt Locker was an excellent movie. Must see.

Watched "Inglorious Basterds" the other night. At this time i'm not sure how I feel about it. Definitely nowhere near as bloody as most of Tarantino's other flicks. I did enjoy Pitt's acting quite a bit, you could tell he was having fun playing the part.

The Hurt Locker was an excellent movie. Must see.

Watching it right now, pretty intense!

Watched "Inglorious Basterds" the other night. At this time i'm not sure how I feel about it. Definitely nowhere near as bloody as most of Tarantino's other flicks. I did enjoy Pitt's acting quite a bit, you could tell he was having fun playing the part.

Liked this one too, I've liked a few of Tarantino's movies.

Pitt was funny as hell. Great accent, and when he goes with the Italian it was hilarious. I liked that movie a lot.

I didn't dig on Sherlock Holmes. Took too long to get anywhere. Downy Jr. is in danger of becoming a caricature of himself. I did like the look of the movie.

Also saw The Blindside. Nice movie. Fairly moving. As much as I like Sandra Bullock and feel bad for her current situation, a best actress performance it was not. Not a worth a best picture nomination, either.

Kevin

just watched a swedish movie "the girl with the dragon tattoo" ....

What a movie, best movie ive seen this year, although it is a 2009 release.
Its tough on the stomach at times, but it is a seriously good movie.

i've always liiked josh brolin. he was great in "no country for old men" but i watched "W." last night, and man, he was fantastic. great movie too!

just watched a swedish movie "the girl with the dragon tattoo" ....

What a movie, best movie ive seen this year, although it is a 2009 release.
Its tough on the stomach at times, but it is a seriously good movie.

i've been wanting to see this but can't convince the wife to watch it with me.

Recent movies watched:

Hachi- A Dog's Story- wonderful, touching story. Richard Gere is great but the real star is the dog. If you're a dog person this one is a must see.

Legion- Overly cliche driven apocalyptic drivel.

Up In The Air- Excellent. One of those movies that just sucks you in and you end up feeling like you personally know the characters.

Extract- Mike Judge's latest. Funny at times and good overall but don't expect Office Space.

Ninja Assassin- Fast-paced, intense action scenes, very gory. Weak plot but what did you expect?

i loved ninja assassin! sometimes it's just fun watching a movie like that.

run don't walk to see 'Date Night'...be sure to stick around for the deleted scenes...

yep, with Tina Fey and Mark Wahlberg....hysterical!

yeah, i'd love to go check that out. i'm a huge sci-fi fan so i would also like to see clash of the titans. i heard it sucked but i don't care, i love movies like that.

Just saw The Hangover again over the weekend with my wife. We saw it once when it first came out, my wife was in her last term of pregnancy, and she almost pee'd herself several times we were laughing so hard. Anyway, we waited until now to watch it again, hoping we'd forget a bunch, and sure enough, we laughed so loud we woke the baby up... :D

yeah, i'd love to go check that out. i'm a huge sci-fi fan so i would also like to see clash of the titans. i heard it sucked but i don't care, i love movies like that.

Do NOT go see Clash of the Titans. Ok special effects, but the 3d BS ruined the movie. The went back in and added 3d effects, and it was done poorly. The story was ok, but went to quick, no character buildup etc. Wait till dvd, or just download it. Trust me, spending money on that movie is not a good idea.

Just saw The Hangover again over the weekend with my wife. We saw it once when it first came out, my wife was in her last term of pregnancy, and she almost pee'd herself several times we were laughing so hard. Anyway, we waited until now to watch it again, hoping we'd forget a bunch, and sure enough, we laughed so loud we woke the baby up... :D

"Bad Carlos! Don't be doing that at the table!!"

Loved that movie!

Do NOT go see Clash of the Titans. Ok special effects, but the 3d BS ruined the movie. The went back in and added 3d effects, and it was done poorly. The story was ok, but went to quick, no character buildup etc. Wait till dvd, or just download it. Trust me, spending money on that movie is not a good idea.

i'll take your word for it and wait then. you're not the first person to say that so i guess i will wait. thanks man.

I'm not sure I'll go see Sex and the City 2 when it comes out at the end of May. The first one was great, but I just don't see what they could make for part 2 :confused2:

Iron Man 2 comes out next week, I can't wait!! :clapp:

watched Alice In Wonderland last night. Better than I expected. It was probably more enjoyable in 3D. Or maybe not. Depp is a loon. Helena Bonham Carter is awesome as the red queen.

watched Alice In Wonderland last night. Better than I expected. It was probably more enjoyable in 3D. Or maybe not. Depp is a loon. Helena Bonham Carter is awesome as the red queen.

i wanna go see that even tho i am an avid tim burton hater... he butchered willy wonka beyond reproach

i watched "the book of eli" last night. i have been wanting to see it, but have heard so many negative things about it. i actually really liked the movie. i'm a denzel fan, i absolutely loved the cinematography and the story was great. gary oldman's always fun and usually plays a character perfectly. i'd give it 4 out of 5 stars.

While on vacation, Mrs SAM and I watched The Hangover on HBO at our beach villa, and we were both laughing so loud we think we disturbed the downstairs villa. A little too much 'F' word, but one of the funniest movies out in a while.

I've seen it about 9-10 times now and its still funny as heck!

While on vacation, Mrs SAM and I watched The Hangover on HBO at our beach villa, and we were both laughing so loud we think we disturbed the downstairs villa. A little too much 'F' word, but one of the funniest movies out in a while.

I saw the movie "Strange Wilderness" a while back and still get a huge kick out of it. It's about a bunch of guys who run a crappy TV show that hunt for big foot. It's such a laugh and even ranks up there for me with The Hangover

Back