Andy216

Reaction score
Handicap
??
I may be going to a conference in March in Salt Lake City.

1. Is there golf in mid March in SLC?
2. If so, any suggestions on where to play?

Are you looking SLC only or will you be fairly mobile? Valley View in Layton was great and Birch Creek in Smithfield is top 10 I've ever played.

I may be going to a conference in March in Salt Lake City.

1. Is there golf in mid March in SLC?
2. If so, any suggestions on where to play?

There is golf...sometimes. There could be snow on the ground or it could be 70F and sunny. The courses won't be in any type of condition.

Valley View and Eaglewood are good places and not too far from SLC. The stuff close to/in SLC aren't worth playing IMO.

I should have a car. Will check them out! Thanks.

Agree with all the Valley View and Mountain Dell suggestions, I'd also add Wasatch Mtn State Park and Hobble Creek as good options.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Mid March will leave most mountain courses closed or in very rough shape. That would include mountain Dell and wasatch state park. They may be open but I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket.

Wasatch is easily in my top 3 of all time as well but May is the earliest I usually play it. Not to mention they might be jacking the price up to $79 here soon. When that happens, the course will shut down

I love golf but going to SLC in March and not hitting the slopes is sacrilege. can't beat SLC for snow conditions, variety, cost, and ease of getting to many great mountains.
I take it you don't ski??

I love golf but going to SLC in March and not hitting the slopes is sacrilege. can't beat SLC for snow conditions, variety, cost, and ease of getting to many great mountains.
I take it you don't ski??

This guy speaks the truth. SLC is ski-vana.

I like both Hobble Creek and Mountain Dell, but in March there is a good chance they won't be playable. Depends on the snow we get. This year we had some mild winters and could play in Feb but sometimes you get snow in April and May. Most of the good golf that time of year is down south in St. George but that is 3 hr + drive.

If you ski or snowboard March is a great time for that.

I hear Bountiful Ridge is amazing as well and hope to maybe play there this summer.

I hear Bountiful Ridge is amazing as well and hope to maybe play there this summer.

Fun course for sure. Usually in great shape and fair prices. No range so be prepared for that. There is a course called Eaglewood about 10 minutes away that has a range to warm up on. We stop there first and then head to Bountiful to play

An occasional long carry is required to clear a ravine at Birch Creek, but the course is surprisingly flat considering its proximity to the western edge of the Rockies

Back