Playing Pink Golf Balls for Breast Cancer Awareness

Joshsmit56001

Reaction score
Handicap
Not sure if this is the right thread or not but I figured I would post this here.

Today and for the rest of the month of October I will be playing pink golf balls in support of breast cancer awareness. I know most have either known someone or known of someone who has died of breast cancer. I will also be donating $10 for every round of golf I play in October to the Susan G. Komen for the cure charity and I encourage all other golfers to do the same if they can. I am hoping that in some small way I can help while doing what I love the most.

http://ww5.komen.org/Donate/Donate.html

Josh

Nice dude, that is very very cool of you.

I like this idea a lot. I'll be playing pink balls myself from now until the snow flies. I hear they are easy to see in the leaves on the ground during the fall in the Northeast. Tying a cause like this into it is a cool thing I think I'll be doing.

I have heard that in colder climates it can actually be beneficial to play a womens ball this time of year because it has a higher compression and the cold weather can affect a pro v1 and you will lose distance.

I as well will be playing pink balls for the month of oct and beyond. I have to support as Breast Cancer affected our family. Luckily we had a positive outcome.

Love it. Great idea and one that I'm gonna hop onto as well!

Count me in! I'll pick up some pink balls tomorrow to put in play this weekend

I have played with the pink B330RX in previous years when they released them for Breast Cancer Awareness month. I'm more of a B330-s guy now but I will snag up some 330RX for this month if I see them anywhere. Props to you for donating as well!

I applaud you for "actually" supporting breast cancer awareness by donating. Too many people think that just by grabbing something pink, that they're actually helping.

I applaud you for "actually" supporting breast cancer awareness by donating. Too many people think that just by grabbing something pink, that they're actually helping.

Well, many of those "pink" purchases have a percentage/set amount going to a charity so it can be in fact still helping without a direct cash donation.

Everything does help.

Well, many of those "pink" purchases have a percentage/set amount going to a charity so it can be in fact still helping without a direct cash donation.

Everything does help.
Yes, if you buy something designated for charity. Not if you just grab some old pink balls out of your bag and make yourself feel good because you're supporting a cause.

I agree everything does help. I have a set amount pulled from my check each week to go to various charities. I figure if I can afford to play golf at least once a week, a few shekels to a good cause is a drop in the bucket.

We have a Rally for the Cure tournament on Saturday at Painted. It's supposed to be a bit wet, and only have 28 confirmed players. It's a shame. (For us AND them)

Sweet. I have already made some purchases already where proceeds have gone to breast cancer awareness. I will be picking up some pink balls to for the fall/winter so that when the errant shots come around I have a chance at finding them.

Not sure if this is the right thread or not but I figured I would post this here.

Today and for the rest of the month of October I will be playing pink golf balls in support of breast cancer awareness. I know most have either known someone or known of someone who has died of breast cancer. I will also be donating $10 for every round of golf I play in October to the Susan G. Komen for the cure charity and I encourage all other golfers to do the same if they can. I am hoping that in some small way I can help while doing what I love the most.

http://ww5.komen.org/Donate/Donate.html

Josh

Great idea! I played a pink ball a while back in Saturday skins and the others in my group called me Paula all day, but I'm thick skinned, so no big deal. I think I'll do the same. My wife has plenty on hand.

I have played with the pink B330RX in previous years when they released them for Breast Cancer Awareness month. I'm more of a B330-s guy now but I will snag up some 330RX for this month if I see them anywhere. Props to you for donating as well!

Does any money from purchasing these go toward a breast cancer cause? I will jump on the bandwagon too. Maybe I'll be able to more easily find pink balls in the woods after my tee shots...

Great idea! I can get on board playing a pink ball for the month of October!

I love all of the enthusiasm that this has created with golfers on this forum. I plan on updating this thread in the future with how much I end up donating and I hope that others will do so too. Let's see how much this group of golfers can donate to such a great cause!

If anyone finds an online sale of pink golf balls where some of the money actually goes toward the cause, please post it here.

I found the Susan G. Komen Pinnacle golf rocks, I mean golf balls, but they're site says it helps the cause by putting their logo on the Pinnacle box. It doesn't say anything about them actually donating any of the sales money to them. But on another page of the Pinnacle site, they say Acushnet has donated over 1 million to Susan G Komen for the Cure. So I don't know if it helps or not.

http://www.pinnaclegolf.com/cares/susan-g-komen.asp
http://www.pinnaclegolf.com/balls/details.asp?id=24

Found these:

http://www.wilson.com/en-us/pink-shop/golf/balls/hope-golf-balls/

14-1409_BCRFPromotion_WilsonSite_GolfHeader_750x320

If anyone finds an online sale of pink golf balls where some of the money actually goes toward the cause, please post it here.

Chromax is doing it for their pink ones. I'd prolly go with the Wilson ones though.

I am going to buy a dozen of the Volvik Crystal pink balls to play this month. Hopefully they last the whole month!

Very cool idea and I will also be donating $10 for every round I am able to sneak out and play this month.

I am going to buy a dozen of the Volvik Crystal pink balls to play this month. Hopefully they last the whole month!

Very cool idea and I will also be donating $10 for every round I am able to sneak out and play this month.

That is awesome! Glad to see you supporting this great cause.

Update: I have two rounds in so far and plan on playing tomorrow morning as well before heading to Vegas. I am hoping I can get at least three more rounds in after I return before the month is over.

I bought 2 dozen pink Bridgestone B300 RX a couple of years ago, and I break them out for October every year, now. In fact I played with one Wednesday, which I pushed OB and dropped a white E5 in its place.

I think this is fantastic. Thank you for suggesting another fun way to support those fighting this disease. Some are fighting with the work they do finding a cure, others, like my wife are fighting with their lives. Hey if it raises $10 more than was available the day before, then it is all good. Some people may think little actions like these do not count for much, but it sure puts a smile on my wife's face. That is worth more than you can believe.

I think this is fantastic. Thank you for suggesting another fun way to support those fighting this disease. Some are fighting with the work they do finding a cure, others, like my wife are fighting with their lives. Hey if it raises $10 more than was available the day before, then it is all good. Some people may think little actions like these do not count for much, but it sure puts a smile on my wife's face. That is worth more than you can believe.

This nearly brings tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for sharing your story and making this more personal to all of us. I wish the best for your wife and family and I hope she beats this disease.

Back