Due -- I think the biggest adjustment for me is coming in the added length. I had my new S2 irons fitted and they are 1/2 inch longer than standard however they feel a lot longer than that??? Anyway I had them ordered 2 degrees up with mid size grips and they are some rocking irons.... I hit them at least a club longer than previous irons I have tried. I suppose it's the extra shaft length because I think the lofts are similar to my old ufi irons......

Due -- I think the biggest adjustment for me is coming in the added length. I had my new S2 irons fitted and they are 1/2 inch longer than standard however they feel a lot longer than that??? Anyway I had them ordered 2 degrees up with mid size grips and they are some rocking irons.... I hit them at least a club longer than previous irons I have tried. I suppose it's the extra shaft length because I think the lofts are similar to my old ufi irons......

That's interesting because they wanted me to take a half off. I didn't, but wonder if I should have, lol.

Re: Fitting Results

It was an odd experience for me. First time I didnt realize different companies have different specs. So when I compared my experiences i was waaaay off. Lol. But some kind people helped me on the board. I was fit and standard when getting fit with my Clevelands. I believe the old Zing 2 's i would have needed flat. I can tell you though my contact on the clubface is much better on my Clevelands than the standard on Nike VRs. Im not even sure they could have custom ordered them but I went with Cleveland so I never asked. Its maybe in my head as far as contact but the lie tape doesnt lie :) and neither does that contact sticker. Sorry for the rambling but after all of it Im glad I did the fitting because my mind is at ease. I did walk away wondering if I shoulda got stiff shafts but i love my clubs regardless. Ill do it again when I eventually end up buying a new set years down the road.

It was an odd experience for me. First time I didnt realize different companies have different specs. So when I compared my experiences i was waaaay off. Lol. But some kind people helped me on the board. I was fit and standard when getting fit with my Clevelands. I believe the old Zing 2 's i would have needed flat. I can tell you though my contact on the clubface is much better on my Clevelands than the standard on Nike VRs. Im not even sure they could have custom ordered them but I went with Cleveland so I never asked. Its maybe in my head as far as contact but the lie tape doesnt lie :) and neither does that contact sticker. Sorry for the rambling but after all of it Im glad I did the fitting because my mind is at ease. I did walk away wondering if I shoulda got stiff shafts but i love my clubs regardless. Ill do it again when I eventually end up buying a new set years down the road.

Good stuff Yoccos. I guess it's a pretty pronounced change for me seeing as I played mine for a while first. However, when I do it again, I'll have a fitter send my specks to the factory. I may still check out different shafts and change these if I see a difference. You got what I really wanted. Those Clevelands are the cat's meow. I just got a good buy on these and feel in love with them.

Re: Fitting Results

thedue said:
Good stuff Yoccos. I guess it's a pretty pronounced change for me seeing as I played mine for a while first. However, when I do it again, I'll have a fitter send my specks to the factory. I may still check out different shafts and change these if I see a difference. You got what I really wanted. Those Clevelands are the cat's meow. I just got a good buy on these and feel in love with them.
Im can imagine. When i hit the same Zings with the specs I needed it was noticable. I hit the sweet spot with alot more consistancy. Hitting the sweetspot made the clubs feel a ton better Thats awesome you are seeing the benefits. And if you do look into different shafts im very interested to know how it works for you. The BPs are sweet but I was encouraged by my better half to exchange at least one set lol. So I ended up making out pretty good on the price. I didnt have to save as long either lol. Def keep this thread going I am looking forward to hearing/seeing your long term results.

I have to say, I see all kinds of posts on here about the need for a fitting, or the fitting process, or how do I get fitted. How come I never see anyone posting how the fitting helped their game, or hurt for that matter? I'd love to know how your results turned out. Did you see a big benefit or problem?

I had mine adjusted today and will post the results as soon as this wind shuts down to the upper 20's, lol. Untill then, HOW DID IT WORK OUT FOR YOU? Really, isn't that the question?

I had my fitting done a few months ago and due to $ I just had the work done that was needed. I picked up my clubs on Monday and hope to get out soon and will let you know how it goes. I am glad to hear that your fitting and the results are working out well for you.

I had my fitting done a few months ago and due to $ I just had the work done that was needed. I picked up my clubs on Monday and hope to get out soon and will let you know how it goes. I am glad to hear that your fitting and the results are working out well for you.

I can't wait to see how they work for you Wulff. Did they change length and lie?

duey, i'm glad to hear that you went through the proper channels in order to get the nickents fit to you. like so many before me have said, it's a little strange at first in trusting the alterations, but once you're use to it, it'll be strange hitting anything that is standard.

i went through a fitting when i bought the 22's and had previously just played with stuff off the rack. i wish that i had found this site early b/c i would've gone to the TMPL or something. around here i was a little nervous dealing with some of the retailers just b/c i didn't trust them. i felt as though they tried to talk me into things and i just don't like that. i also wish that i knew more about shafts at the time. i would love to be able to put some different shafts in these irons but that's a whole nother story.

duey, i'm glad to hear that you went through the proper channels in order to get the nickents fit to you. like so many before me have said, it's a little strange at first in trusting the alterations, but once you're use to it, it'll be strange hitting anything that is standard.

i went through a fitting when i bought the 22's and had previously just played with stuff off the rack. i wish that i had found this site early b/c i would've gone to the TMPL or something. around here i was a little nervous dealing with some of the retailers just b/c i didn't trust them. i felt as though they tried to talk me into things and i just don't like that. i also wish that i knew more about shafts at the time. i would love to be able to put some different shafts in these irons but that's a whole nother story.

I know what you mean about being leary of the retailers. I did have a retailer do it, but only after I had two others check my swing and tell me what they thought. This guy was quit a bit further away and really like the young pro that works in his shop. The shop owner decided I needed mine bent to three degrees down and the pro stopped him at 2 degrees. I was a bit nervous at that point, lol. If I was anywhere close to a TMPL I would have done that in a heart beat. In fact, I originally planed to come down to the outing and have it done then, just got too expensive coming out of winter.

I have a 1 man scramble on Sunday and hope to show my buddies what a fitting can do, hehe

there's no doubt that a fitting works. i just recommend that one goes through it when your swing is decent and after you've played a little bit. mine are bent 2* up and i swear i can tell a difference hitting standard lie clubs. i would be leary having my clubs bent as much as 3* as well duey.

good luck sunday, i hope you take some money.

I can't wait to see how they work for you Wulff. Did they change length and lie?[/QUOTE

Well after not playing for a month due to surgery, and then not having my clubs due to being fitted, I had not hit my clubs for over a month. I finally got to go out and hit my clubs after two months. I have to say i am so happy I was able to get my clubs fitted for me. I knew going in to today that I would have some adjustments to make, but when I was on Man I was on!!:clapp: Having the larger grips, I think has helped me straighten out my fade and even pull off hitting a draw or two over the round. the only clubs I had to have reshafted were my fairway woods and WOW. I really can't believe I was hittiing them like I was today compared to before the fitting. I don't have a score to report as I didnt keep one as I was also trying out and alternating between the Bridgestone B330-s and the Srixon Z-Star yellow golf balls. I will say that from now on the rest of my clubs will all be fitted. i wil post more as I get used to the changes and have scores to report.

I can't wait to see how they work for you Wulff. Did they change length and lie?[/QUOTE

Well after not playing for a month due to surgery, and then not having my clubs due to being fitted, I had not hit my clubs for over a month. I finally got to go out and hit my clubs after two months. I have to say i am so happy I was able to get my clubs fitted for me. I knew going in to today that I would have some adjustments to make, but when I was on Man I was on!!:clapp: Having the larger grips, I think has helped me straighten out my fade and even pull off hitting a draw or two over the round. the only clubs I had to have reshafted were my fairway woods and WOW. I really can't believe I was hittiing them like I was today compared to before the fitting. I don't have a score to report as I didnt keep one as I was also trying out and alternating between the Bridgestone B330-s and the Srixon Z-Star yellow golf balls. I will say that from now on the rest of my clubs will all be fitted. i wil post more as I get used to the changes and have scores to report.

That echoes my thoughts exactly after being fitted for new shafts in my driver and 3 wood.

Great to hear your back at it Wulff. Sounds like the fitter did a good job for you, but I remember you telling me how indepth he was. I guess now I'll have to do my fairway woods if your seeing results like that. My next step really needs to be a few lessons. I've suddenly started coming over the top and just can't break it. Keep us posted on how your playing with the newly fitted sticks.

He was very indepth and I think he did a great job, I was lucky in that my irons and driver all fit me pretty well. I am thinking like you in that now I need to invest in some more lessons.

Well i went out and played 18 again today and I hope I am starting to groove a swing with these i shot an 87 today for my first round under 90. I am really liking how my clubs feel and can really notice a difference in my fairway woods. I am so much more accurate with them now. I still have my misses with them but that is the indian and not the arrow.

Well i went out and played 18 again today and I hope I am starting to groove a swing with these i shot an 87 today for my first round under 90. I am really liking how my clubs feel and can really notice a difference in my fairway woods. I am so much more accurate with them now. I still have my misses with them but that is the indian and not the arrow.

Great job Wulff. Sounds like your on track to beat this game. Now you just need to make the Midwest so all of us can witness it, lol. Way to go on the 87, keep them goin dowm!

Great job Wulff. Sounds like your on track to beat this game. Now you just need to make the Midwest so all of us can witness it, lol. Way to go on the 87, keep them goin dowm!

Man I would love to be there but that is our wedding anniversery. the wife really wanted to go up to the mountains for it, so maybe next time I will be able to make it out there.

Man I would love to be there but that is our wedding anniversary. the wife really wanted to go up to the mountains for it, so maybe next time I will be able to make it out there.

She's passing up the chance to see ME on your wedding anniversary? Have a good time, we'll be thinking of you.

She's passing up the chance to see ME on your wedding anniversary? Have a good time, we'll be thinking of you.

I am not even sure why she wants to see me? !!!!

Back