• Caddyshack

Votes: 130 77.4%
  • Happy Gilmore

Votes: 37 22.0%
  • Didn't care for either one

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
caddyshack.jpg

I would say it could go north south too since Happy Gilmore has a lot to do with hockey.

Happy has my vote.

"Son what the H*ll are you doing?"
"364 more days till next years hockey tryouts I gotta toughen up"

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."

"Is that net regulation size or what? Jeez."

Yes. The thing about Happy Gilmore that just makes it a better movie overall is that there are multiple story lines to it. The grandma, the hockey, the PR lady he's trying to swoon, the villian (Shooter), the boss w/ a nail in his head, CHUBBS, the alligator, Lee Trevino and the love for Top Flite, miniature golf, Bob freakin' Barker, etc etc etc.

Caddyshack doesn't beat all of that.

Yes. The thing about Happy Gilmore that just makes it a better movie overall is that there are multiple story lines to it. The grandma, the hockey, the PR lady he's trying to swoon, the villian (Shooter), the boss w/ a nail in his head, CHUBBS, the alligator, Lee Trevino and the love for Top Flite, miniature golf, Bob freakin' Barker, etc etc etc. .

You left out Red Lobster. That movie cast a dark cloud over that chain.

Plus his happy place has a midget, enough said.
[YOUTUBE]nm0cXOMh7WI&feature[/YOUTUBE]

the people have spoken!! two to one for the 71st best comedy EVER made!

caddyshack.jpg

I would say it could go north south too since Happy Gilmore has a lot to do with hockey.

Happy has my vote.

"Son what the H*ll are you doing?"
"364 more days till next years hockey tryouts I gotta toughen up"

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."

"Is that net regulation size or what? Jeez."

True, you gotta love the hockey references in HG, but if I want to laugh and want hockey I'll just watch Slapshot.

Last edited:
caddy%20shack.jpg

Last edited:
Even though Happy Gilmore is on quite often on one of the movie channels, this thread has prompted me to pop the dvd into my playstation 3 and watch it tonight.

Nothing like going to sleep while laughing.

get your foot off the boat!!! HAHAHAHA i mean come on. all of the quotes you gave me from happy gilmore i didn't even crack a smile. but EVERYTIME i see an old man and an old lady on the golf course they are instantly mr and mrs havercamp.....LOL!!! adam sandler acting like a petulant child got old after....which movie was it that he had to go back to school? actually i can't think of one sandler movie that i thought was funny...and don't get me started on will ferrel, he is funny in 3 minute bits... after that i can't take it. and its........ "do you take drugs danny"? "everyday" ... "so whats the problem"? ... "i don't know"....LOL....and gimme 12 of those naked lady tees....................

You owe me one gumball machine!

What does that sign say?!?!
No bare feet
What does THAT sign say?
No fighting
What does it mean?
No fighting
You, Angie, pick up that blood

I gotta go to college I gotta.
Oh Danny, this isn't Russia. Is this Russia? This isn't Russia. Thing is do you wanna go to college?
In Nebraska? Besides it costs like $8,000 a year
Whoa Danny, I flipped you, what? $250 yesterday I can't be paying for everything
I'm gonna end up working in the lumberyard for the rest of my life
What's wrong with lumber? I own two lumberyards
I notice you don't spend much time there
Mm, I'm not sure where they are

Be the ball
Just be the ball
You're not being the ball Danny
Well, it's kind of difficult with you talking like that
Okay, I'm not talking now Danny
I'm not talking, now be the ball
SWOOSH - SPLASH - Where'd it go?
Right in the lumberyard

the original loudmouth pants! :D

Caddyshack1.jpg

One of the best quotes ever -

"Are you gonna eat your fat?" - Spaulding

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.' He was a funny guy.

This is a tough one for me, I love both movies. I dont think I could name a best. Movies "like" Caddyshack just dont get made anymore.

I love both, but voted Caddyshack. The candy-bar in the pool scene can make me laugh for hours. I'm laughing right now thinking about it.

Baby Ruth cameos....Caddyshack and Goonies....lubbin it!
I love both, but voted Caddyshack. The candy-bar in the pool scene can make me laugh for hours. I'm laughing right now thinking about it.

they got it on the bay starting at $9.00 brand new!

Ted Knight is just so damn funny in Caddyshack that it can't be a contest.

Kevin

ted_knight.jpg

I voted Caddyshack, my favorite golf movie of all time! I find myself quoting almost every round of golf I play.

I've seen Caddyshack once and I wasn't really overwhelmed by the humor.

I guess you can classify me in the younger group, and I'm a big Sandler fan. Happy was hilarious, and Shooter was funny.

And be honest, on the driving range...Who HASN'T tried the running swing with their driver Happy style? Heck maybe even on the Links someone might've tried it once.

And honestly...We're due for a Golf movie. Been awhile.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Last edited:
Back