Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is sort of what I mean. The LA Lakers started the season 23-4 and there was a lot of talk about a 70 win season. Now that the season is over and they did not even win 60 games it just shows how a great start is just that,, a great start, but nothing more. The season is a long and grueling one in the NBA and I believe the MLB season is even more of a grinding experience.

Lincecum is off to nearly just as good of a start as Roy is. Thats a scary thought.

Andy Pettitte for the Yankees is 3-0 with a 1.29 ERA perhaps he will win 24 this year. :angel: Just kidding of course.

Andy Pettitte for the Yankees is 3-0 with a 1.29 ERA perhaps he will win 24 this year. :angel: Just kidding of course.

Perhaps he is taking special vitamins again...haha

Here is a stat for you. Bob Welch was the last pitcher to win at least 25 games in one season and it was 1990. He had an era of just under 3 per game. He only had 2 complete games ???? wow but he also had Dennis Eckersley coming out of the bull pen. Eckersley had 48 saves that year. So I guess there is still hope for Halladay to win 25 but let us still wait until mid season before we get toooooo excited. Okay?? :D

Halladay is kind of getting rocked tonight in Halladay standards. He is in the 7th and has given up 5 runs.

Re: Official MLB Baseball Thread

TheGasman said:
Halladay is kind of getting rocked tonight in Halladay standards. He is in the 7th and has given up 5 runs.
Thing is Gas, that ump (cb buckner) is one of the worst in the game behind the plate. Totally squeezed Halladay all night The players have voted him the worst ump in baseball something like 4 yrs in a row!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thing is Gas, that ump (cb buckner) is one of the worst in the game behind the plate. Totally squeezed Halladay all night The players have voted him the worst ump in baseball something like 4 yrs in a row!
I didnt turn it on until the 6th so Ill have to take your word on it Thanks. I did see Whiteside ring a dinger off the foul poul. The Giants have the worst announcers. I still think Angel Hernandez is the worst. It seems like the guy really hates the Dodgers.

Is the rest of the AL watching? Francisco Liriano has had two brilliant outings in a row now.

Looking very, dare I say, Santana like.

The Twins assure themselves of the Central, and this is the year that not even the Yankees get in our way!

lay off the pipe Nike, it's only April lol
Is the rest of the AL watching? Francisco Liriano has had two brilliant outings in a row now.

Looking very, dare I say, Santana like.

The Twins assure themselves of the Central, and this is the year that not even the Yankees get in our way!

no huffing the paint!

12-13-fumes.jpg

oh yeah can you say RAYS BABY! :smile-big:

:rotfl:

I don't think I said anything THAT outrageous fellas. :act-up:

Maybe I was mistaken in thinking that the Yankees are the team to beat? It's probably the Rays.

Im excited to see Liriano off to the start he has had. This guy was fun to watch before the surgery.

David Price

:rotfl:

I don't think I said anything THAT outrageous fellas. :act-up:
Maybe I was mistaken in thinking that the Yankees are the team to beat? It's probably the Rays.

Maybe, but I wouldn't mind having a Yankees / Rays ALCS. A little money for CFla and I can go drive to see my Yanks play for the series.

sorry spank but your not welcome at the Trop in that gear!

I go in the Yanks gear all the time! xD
In fact, at best for the Rays... it's like 50/50 Rays/Yankees fans there when I go. lol

Anyways...no, the Twins won't go anywhere in the postseason. You're forgetting they don't have a closer, and that's HUGE in the postseason. It'll be the same ol' same ol', Yankees, Angels... except instead of Red Sox it'll be Rays.

I go in the Yanks gear all the time! xD
In fact, at best for the Rays... it's like 50/50 Rays/Yankees fans there when I go. lolAnyways...no, the Twins won't go anywhere in the postseason. You're forgetting they don't have a closer, and that's HUGE in the postseason. It'll be the same ol' same ol', Yankees, Angels... except instead of Red Sox it'll be Rays.

that's florida though right? south new york.

No, its South Northeast. Plenty from Boston as well as NY.

true that JB. then again, there's yankees fans everywhere. i read an interesting statistic once, that the new york yankees logo (the ny) is the 2nd most recognized symbol in the world, behind the cross. that's crazy!!

The only prediction I will make:

The World Series Champions will come out of the AL East.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back