Piece of equipment in your bag you would change

aca247

Reaction score
whether it be irons,driver,fairway wood,hybrid,wedges,or putter
for me it would be my irons the draw bias on them is hindering me because im drawing them and the if you dont hit the sweet spot it feels like you just hit a brick

looking to upgrade my driver to the Diablo Edge!

My 3-wood although as of late I have been crushing the ball with it...

I am getting ready to replace the bag itself.

Re: Piece of equipment in your bag you would change

My bag went through a mini overhaul this year so nit really looking to replace anything else but next year my wedges will get replaced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some cg15 wedges are in my near future if the course ever gets the Cleveland van to come to town.

Time for me to leave well enough alone, but I know better than that, haha. Just changed the bag and got a Sunmountain cart bag. Kind of wish I'd have stayed with the lighter stand bag, it's a pain to carry with the small side handles. Absolutely love the new 52* CG15, it was money yesterday from 95 to 105 yards.

I guess next will be a shaft for the old driver.

looking to replace my Taylormade R7 driver with a Supertri or Superfast.

want to replace my 5w with a Taylormade Hybrid.

This thread has me dreaming, but slightly depressed that my wishes won't be fulfilled anytime soon. The sad thing is I don't have one piece of equipment over six months old in my my bag. Go figure. I would replace:

Driver - TM '07 Burner with the Diablo Edge. Hit this club during the demo in FL and loved it.

Irons - WS Ci7 with WS D-FY. Hit these at the demo as well and they were incredibly high and straight. I'd like to get a chance to try them out some more though.

Putter - Rossie with a Seemore FGP2 with a whistle shaft. I rolled this putter at GG after the demo and it is the putter for me. Sets up perfectly and rolls true.

Out of the three changes I would like to make, I will probably go for the putter first. The irons are a little out of my budget this year and the driver was a gift from my girl. I will probably look at replacing them next year. Maybe they will both be a little more affordable too.

I'll change some things eventually, but I'm not at that point yet. However, I did add a LW to my collection recently. Still, I need to get better before I can start blaming my clubs haa haa haa, in due time...in due time... :D

Re: Piece of equipment in your bag you would change

I've been thinking about changing the shaft in my r9 driver. I've also considered getting rid of the 18* hybrid and swapping it with a 64* wedge.

Replacing the driver (Finally!) as we speak. Irons will definitely be next. I will probably hold on to the woods and hybrids until next year unless I have a huge commission check this summer. I would love a new putter but since I can practically 2 putt from anywhere I just can't take the relic of a putter out of the bag.

Not looking to replace anything yet until I can figure out how to hit straight what I already have....

I am thinking of buying a range finder since the courses I play on have spotty distance markers at best.

Any suggestions????

I would love to replace my Monster XLS driver with a DST, I think I am going to wait until Miyazaki releases their lightweight shaft to do so though.

Driver. I have an old Snake Eyes. Since I can't replace it, I'm going to cut the shaft down from 46" to 44". 46" is too long to control, IMO.

I am getting ready to replace the bag itself.

Same here. I'm set with my cart bag (Thanks THP!), but I've had the same Belding stand bag for 10 years. It's been a great bag and has held up well, but its narrow opening and 4-way top is a tight fit for 14 clubs. I love those Sun Mountain Four 5 bags!

Changing out my 5wood to a 3wood. My 5wood and 3hybrid are too close in distance, and I need the 3wood's reach.

I can't possibly change anything in my bag right now. I will need new wedges next year, but I will probably end up getting another set of CG15s. I need a cart bag with a mini cooler for my drinks (warm beer = -1). I can see myself with a Sun Mountian bag or another Ogio in a few months.

I can't possibly change anything in my bag right now. I will need new wedges next year, but I will probably end up getting another set of CG15s. I need a cart bag with a mini cooler for my drinks (warm beer = -1). I can see myself with a Sun Mountian bag or another Ogio in a few months.
We just wrap the beer in tin foil.. a little ghetto but it worked even in the AZ summer heat! Not that I ever brought outside drinks to the course.....

Im looking to get a new putter. I didn't want to but I've been messing around on my Oddysey. There is a certain Black Putter I have been keeping a close eye on. Also love the BRZ Cleveland putters and they are half the cost! Tried a heavy putter and thought it was cool. Not sure though. The SeeMores sure are nice. I love their mallet putter but again price is keeping me at bay. My irons took their toll :) But well worth it..

Both fairway woods need to go, I keep thinking about it but haven't committed to making the change yet.

if i could change anything in my bag i would put new shafts in my irons. if i knew then (when i ordered the 22's) what i know now i wouldn't have stuck with the uniflex. for me to put new shafts in my irons i would just assume buy a new set b/c i think it would be just as cost effective.

Well, my ideal and dream bag would be

Driver: TaylorMade R9 460 (Dream: TaylorMade R9 SuperTri)
3 Wood: Keep the same
3H: Keep the same
5-PW: Nickent 4DX Pro
Wedges: Newer versions of my Vokeys.

So I would change my driver and irons, and my wedges if I could (albeit the same model and what-not) I'd also like a second putter, so I can switch from blade to mallet whenever I need to. That's an afterthought though.

My irons are safe, wedges as well. Everything else is up for grabs. 3 wood will go, driver probably will be replaced by summer and my 5 wood may also go if I find a great 3 wood. Putter has been in the bag for about 4 years and it is about time to change out here as well. It is funny, I am scoring as well as I have been in some time and yet I am looking to replace many of my clubs. What is wrong with this picture?

My irons are safe, wedges as well. Everything else is up for grabs. 3 wood will go, driver probably will be replaced by summer and my 5 wood may also go if I find a great 3 wood. Putter has been in the bag for about 4 years and it is about time to change out here as well. It is funny, I am scoring as well as I have been in some time and yet I am looking to replace many of my clubs. What is wrong with this picture?

nothing wrong at all. all i can say is "welcome to thp"!! this place will do it to you.

Back