Taylormade R9 SuperDeep Driver

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Here are some pictures of the new Taylormade R9 SuperDeep driver.

The TaylorMade R9 SuperDeep TP Driver is a pure player's driver. It has a 460cc head with an ultra-deep clubface, creating a lower moment of inertia and forward center of gravity for increased workability. The two weight ports, FCT and MWT, create 448 launch condition combinations and the new extra-low-torque Aldila R.I.P. shaft is engineered for strong players seeking a mid launch-angle and low spin.

850771409_SZYgX-L-1.jpg

850771586_En2JH-L-1.jpg

850771482_YChLw-L-1.jpg

850771501_crqiu-L-1.jpg

850771544_LvT9v-L-1.jpg

850771583_JbjcR-L-1.jpg

850771643_iq5Kf-L-1.jpg

850771446_AHs8Z-L-1.jpg

850771424_6kHiF-L-1.jpg

Will THP be doing a review on this? I know it's not for everyone, but I have a friend who is very interested in this driver.

We are not sure yet sacul, but odds are...Yes. We have it in hand now, so why not right?

Looks great like the Supertri. I'll be interested to hear how this performs compared to their other R9 products.

ok the skull and crossbones on the shaft is wicked cool!!!!

Is it halloween at THP this month? Black Widow grips, TM Ghost putter, skull and crossbones shaft....

Best looking club on the market, IMO.

when will this be on the retail market?

Not sure exactly, but some stores such as Golfsmith are showing it available. It is being produced in very limited quantities.

I saw this released in Japan a while ago and thought it was Japan's version of our R9 SuperTri.

Guess I was wrong.

What's the difference between this and the SuperTri? (besides, I'm assuming, a deeper face...)

It is a totally different driver actually. It is a throwback of sorts to the old 510 TP they had with the new FCT technology.

Very pretty club. You weren't kidding about a throwback.

The face looks nice and deep, is that the case?

It's uhh... SUPERDEEP!

:D

I thought it was referring to how long you can hit it...wasn't thinking about the depth. LOL

Yes. It is made for people that swing and hit the ball like you do. Sigh....hehe

Yes. It is made for people that swing and hit the ball like you do. Sigh....hehe

THOSE people... haha... For the other people, looks like it might be a slice machine. But I thought that about the Super Tri but I was wrong about that.

THOSE people... haha... For the other people, looks like it might be a slice machine. But I thought that about the Super Tri but I was wrong about that.

The SuperTri is still engineered to be played by a large amount of golfers though. This one is not. Im sure internet golfers everywhere will be hitting it 300 yards, but in reality, they are making them in really small batches.

Ok so this one really is geared towards the "better" golfer, that explains why it looks back at me and laughs.

Re: Taylormade R9 SuperDeep Driver

OEM Kevin said:
Ok so this one really is geared towards the "better" golfer, that explains why it looks back at me and laughs.
It's because you're the 'discerning' golfer, not the 'better' one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's because you're the 'discerning' golfer, not the 'better' one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL nice. Just so you know Im keeping my new avatar pic up till it can be replaced by something better at the next outing. But it has to be EPIC like this one!

lol...no pressure or anything buddy
LOL nice. Just so you know Im keeping my new avatar pic up till it can be replaced by something better at the next outing. But it has to be EPIC like this one!

I don't think I would have enough spin rate to game this driver. My ball would probably just fall out of the sky. I wouldn't mind giving it a few whacks at the range though.

Last edited:
I don't think I would have enough spin rate to game this driver. My ball would probably just fall out of the sky. I wouldn't mind giving it a few whacks at the range though.

These are my thoughts too. Fortunately we have some pretty big swingers for testing.

These are my thoughts too. Fortunately we have some pretty big swingers for testing.

Is Biggsy going to get to try it? I would like to know his thoughts.

Back