I love the Omega Avatar. That is one of my fav watches. Right now that is the one getting most of my wrist time.

Thanks, I'm a big fan of Omegas. I really like Ball and Oris as well.

My apologies to anyone that clicked the link and the vid didn't work. Had it down for a bit yesterday, but it should be working fine now.

Nice car, I`m a fan of the old 5.0. Plan on taking her down the track?

being an import (mostly european) car enthusiast we always say turbo is the replacement for displacement. But since you have both...game over! What are your specs on the motor?

Beautiful 5.0, I had a 93 that was stolen 2 years ago and presently have an 03 Cobra. What kind of power are you putting down?

love the old LX 5.0's

Thanks guys.

She's not a 5.0 anymore though. Here's the setup...

Boss block 347cid
Precision 78mm turbo, A/A Intercooler
Twisted Wegde heads / ported
Edelbrock Super Victor intake
Probe Industries Dominator Rotating assembly
Cam Motion custom grind cam
Precision 95lb. injectors
Accufab 90mm t/b
MSD Digital 6 plus Ignition & HVC 2 Blaster Coil
TiAL wastegate and BOV
Big Stuff 3 engine management
Powerglide Transmission
Moser 33-spline axles, spool
PA Racing tubular K-member & Arms, front coilovers
Subframe connectors, adjustable upper and lower control arms
Wilwood Brakes

That covers most of it anyways...still need to take the headers off to get coated.

flash347002.jpg

Haven't had it on the dyno yet, but compared to the old setup that made a tad over 500whp, it's an entirely different animal. At lower boost levels with pump gas, I'll be a bit dissappointed if it isn't in the 800 - 850 rwhp range. With more boost and race gas I'd like to see close to 1000 rwhp.

Best part is, it's a licensed and insured street car. It can be driven anywhere. Outside of a really loud fuel pump and alot more power, it's as streetable as it was with the original 5.0 in it.

that is just insane. Props for the Wilwoods. Always makes me laugh when people drop big bucks on making all that power but keep the stock brakes!

Haven't had it on the dyno yet, but compared to the old setup that made a tad over 500whp, it's an entirely different animal. At lower boost levels with pump gas, I'll be a bit dissappointed if it isn't in the 800 - 850 rwhp range. With more boost and race gas I'd like to see close to 1000 rwhp.

Best part is, it's a licensed and insured street car. It can be driven anywhere. Outside of a really loud fuel pump and alot more power, it's as streetable as it was with the original 5.0 in it.

Go-Go gadget speeding ticket

that is just insane. Props for the Wilwoods. Always makes me laugh when people drop big bucks on making all that power but keep the stock brakes!

The old brakes barely stopped it before, so they had to be upgraded. If the car has alot of "Go", it needs plenty "Whoa".

Go-Go gadget speeding ticket

Nah, I drive Ms. Daisy in all my vehilces unless I'm at the track. Drives my wife up a wall...lol.

Nice, that's a lot of power.

Not sure what she'll do on the track yet. I'd like to think low 6's or high 5's in the 1/8th, low 9's maybe even dipping into the 8's in the 1/4. Next step is to get a boost controller on, and get her on the dyno.

Here's a couple updated pics, hope to have more soon...

dsc0302zm.jpg

dsc0300bq.jpg

dsc0311ua.jpg

Very cool!! You have your own rally car :wink:

Very nicely done! :thumb:

Do you run your Mustang on the street on those tires? You'd have severe traction problems in a sudden downpour, especially with that much power...

I assume you have a pair of slicks for this beast? I can't imagine you ever being able to hook up otherwise on the strip. looking forward for some numbers...nobody likes a dyno queen...haha just kidding.

I assume you have a pair of slicks for this beast? I can't imagine you ever being able to hook up otherwise on the strip. looking forward for some numbers...nobody likes a dyno queen...haha just kidding.

M/T Drag radials will definitely hook even at 1000+ HP

I used to run M/T slicks, even on the street. It was hard on them, but I didn't have a spare set of wheels at the time. I got got in a rain storm coming home from the track one night, ended up hydroplanning, almot got plowed by a couple semis, etc. I'll never do that again. Scariest incident I've ever had in a car.

It doesn't get driven in the rain, but I'll trust these alot more than the slicks if a small shower pops up. They hook pretty much just as well as a slick. Turbo cars don't hit quite as hard as nitrous cars out of the hole, so slicks aren't always a necessity.

Oh, and Golf Chick, I'd loooove to have a rally car too. Doubt the wife will let me have both though. :)

M/T Drag radials will definitely hook even at 1000+ HP

well maybe its a guarantee with a properly tuned suspension setup and a high level of driver skill. But I have seen plenty of guys at the track on drag radials struggling to keep it off the rear bumper. I see it on pass time almost every night :act-up:

well maybe its a guarantee with a properly tuned suspension setup and a high level of driver skill. But I have seen plenty of guys at the track on drag radials struggling to keep it off the rear bumper. I see it on pass time almost every night :act-up:

LMAO, if it's hitting the rear bumper its hooking right? I'm not saying it's easy to make it work but the Drag Radial classes are some of the most popular going right now and there are some big HP cars running them.

LMAO, if it's hitting the rear bumper its hooking right? I'm not saying it's easy to make it work but the Drag Radial classes are some of the most popular going right now and there are some big HP cars running them.

I hear ya...saw a vid somewhere the other day of a twin-turbo chevelle with supposedly 1500hp on drag radials. and those boosted vipers...just pure sickness.

Back