Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
true that JB. then again, there's yankees fans everywhere. i read an interesting statistic once, that the new york yankees logo (the ny) is the 2nd most recognized symbol in the world, behind the cross. that's crazy!!

Not a comparison by any means, but keep in mind that the Swastika was always 2nd or 3rd on that list as well. Not all good is recognizable...ha

Not a comparison by any means, but keep in mind that the Swastika was always 2nd or 3rd on that list as well. Not all good is recognizable...ha

LMAO man!!!!

lol that's too funny but prob true

So somewhere between Hitler and God lies the Yankees. I can take that.

sorry spank but your not welcome at the Trop in that gear!

So is this how I'm supposed to be dressed at Tropicana?

syracuse_orangemen.jpg

i'd love to see you rock that outfit spank. in fact, you would be a great mascot.

:rotfl:

I don't think I said anything THAT outrageous fellas. :act-up:

Maybe I was mistaken in thinking that the Yankees are the team to beat? It's probably the Rays.

You??? Mistaken??? Never!!! You are absolutely right, the season is less than a month over and since the Rays have won 15 out of the first 20 games that makes them the team to beat and they'll continue at this pace for the rest of the season. How come the rest of us never see things quite the same way you do? Hmmm gotta ponder that one. Anyway congrats to the Rays for going 122-40 and winning the world championship. Bring on football!!!!!

You??? Mistaken??? Never!!! You are absolutely right, the season is less than a month over and since the Rays have won 15 out of the first 20 games that makes them the team to beat and they'll continue at this pace for the rest of the season. How come the rest of us never see things quite the same way you do? Hmmm gotta ponder that one. Anyway congrats to the Rays for going 122-40 and winning the world championship. Bring on football!!!!!

yeah rhino!! i love football.

So somewhere between Hitler and God lies the Yankees. I can take that.

So is this how I'm supposed to be dressed at Tropicana?

syracuse_orangemen.jpg

So is this how I am supposed to dress in Yankee Stadium? Pin Stripes?

PimpSuitsPimptacular06Lg.jpg

I hate to admit it, but you are 100% right. The Yankees start slow every single year, and if this is slow for them, look out.

bwahahahaha!!!! the problem with that outift is the shoes. there's no way that JB would be content with those shoes.

I hate to admit it, but you are 100% right. The Yankees start slow every single year, and if this is slow for them, look out.

C'mon JB.. I am always right! And I told you not to share that picture of me from when I went to the stadium for opening day. :laughing:

the bottom line is that even i expect the yankees to be there in the end. i'm not even a baseball fan but i know that the yankees buy/acquire whoever they want so if they're not in the mix then they'll just spend their way into it the next year.

the bottom line is that even i expect the yankees to be there in the end. i'm not even a baseball fan but i know that the yankees buy/acquire whoever they want so if they're not in the mix then they'll just spend their way into it the next year.

We saw that exact scenario 2 years ago. They missed the playoffs and reloaded.

C'mon TC.. quit complaining, just root for the pro baseball team in NC... oh wait there is none.. ok how about football... hmmm not much there.. basketball??? damn man...hockey? :nono: ok NASCAR... you have NASCAR!!! :D

We saw that exact scenario 2 years ago. They missed the playoffs and reloaded.

of course they did. i honestly don't expect them to miss the playoffs, ever! i also expect them to win the world series every year. i'm not going to say they've ruined baseball b/c they do play by the rules, but i just don't understand why you would want to root for them, it would get boring. i don't like or dislike the yankees at all. i gave up on baseball many years ago. i just like it when a system, a true system, drafts a kid, develops him, then makes him a star and that that player stays with that organization. case in point, joe mauer.

C'mon TC.. quit complaining, just root for the pro baseball team in NC... oh wait there is none.. ok how about football... hmmm not much there.. basketball??? damn man...hockey? :nono: ok NASCAR... you have NASCAR!!! :D

Cmon now, they have the NFL and LA does not. They have a basketball team too. And a great owner! hehe

football = panthers
hockey = hurricanes
basketball = bobcats

you're right though, no baseball.

of course they did. i honestly don't expect them to miss the playoffs, ever! i also expect them to win the world series every year. i'm not going to say they've ruined baseball b/c they do play by the rules, but i just don't understand why you would want to root for them, it would get boring. i don't like or dislike the yankees at all. i gave up on baseball many years ago. i just like it when a system, a true system, drafts a kid, develops him, then makes him a star and that that player stays with that organization. case in point, joe mauer.

Agreed. Its a shame too, because the Yankees were that team a little over a decade ago.

Agreed. Its a shame too, because the Yankees were that team a little over a decade ago.

i know. when i was a kid i was a die hard don mattingly fan. didn't really root for the yanks b/c i grew up watching the cubs playing, so i loved the cubs, but i certainly had my favorite position players. oh well. it'll never change unless there's a cap.

Panthers? C'mon half a dozen college teams could of beaten them last year

Bobcats - Ok they are trying to get going will take some time

Hurricanes? - Where r they during the playoffs, with my Rangers on the sidelines!!!

Panthers....Bobcats...

Edit: Too late I guess. But the Panthers aren't bad.

Hurricanes? - Where r they during the playoffs, with my Rangers on the sidelines!!!

How is that LA NFL team doing WR? I suppose you cannot follow football now right? I mean I know USC pays enough to their players to call themselves a pro team, but really?

rhino, did you watch the panthers play your gmen last year? nuff said!

Mariano Rivera
Derek Jeter
Andy Pettitte
Brett Gardner
Francisco Cervelli
Jesus Montero (will be up in MLB very soon)
Robinson Cano

I can go on.

Red Sox? Ummm...Papelbon....umm...Ellsbury....uhh.... I'm all tapped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back