Handicap
Golf
Here are some initial pictures of the new Taylormade Monza Spider Vicino

831979002_7YaTd-L-1.jpg

831978942_BN5f8-L-1.jpg

831978920_HaMF3-L-1.jpg

831978914_j8Vdh-L-1.jpg

831978966_gfubq-L-1.jpg

Can't say I have ever been a fan of the larger putters like that. They look nice and most perform fairly well, but there's just something about them that I don't like that I just can't put my finger on.

That is a nice looking club though.

Not sure I'm crazy about the reflective (or what appears to be reflective top surface). Also, is that a new insert?

• Admin
Not sure I'm crazy about the reflective (or what appears to be reflective top surface). Also, is that a new insert?

It's not really reflective it's just the flash from my camera. I was trying to make the picture as bright as possible.

It really isnt AH. More our flash than anything else. It is actually a darker material in my opinion.

The insert definitely appears to be new.

It really isnt AH. More our flash than anything else. It is actually a darker material in my opinion.

The insert definitely appears to be new.

Have you hit any balls with it yet? When I was looking for my putter, I tried a couple Rossas. Didn't really like the feel compared to the Odysseys. It seemed a bit too dead/lifeless for me.

Yeah that insert looks different. Does it have bumps on it?

Have you hit any balls with it yet? When I was looking for my putter, I tried a couple Rossas. Didn't really like the feel compared to the Odysseys. It seemed a bit too dead/lifeless for me.

The entire line is so different. Regular Rossas have their normal AGSI insert, while the Spider line is different as well. Then of course they have the Kia Ma's and those are divine with either the insert or not.

Yeah that insert looks different. Does it have bumps on it?

Yes, but they are not really that large.

I believe Yang is using one right now in the Masters.

I thought I saw that too. I have an itsy bitsy spider and I like the look of this one better. Its a little more quiet. JB will this still be around next week tomorrow???

It should be.

This is kind of interesting looking. I would like to try one out, I like the looks of this smaller one versus the larger headed one.

Re: Taylormade Spider Vicino Unboxing

I rolled this putter today at GG. It has a very sleek almost a more subdued look when compared to the itsy bitsy. I liked it and it rolled very nice. The face and insert almost seem to have a hollogram or something on them. Looks like it has little bumps on it but there not really there. Does that make sense? lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I know a few rolled this one at the outing. The more I try this one out, the more I like it. Love the feel of this insert.

I loved the feel of the new insert. But I'm a little worried about the glare it might have from the sun on the topline. Has anyone rolled it outside on a sunny day? I'd be curious to know. Thanks.

I loved the feel of the new insert. But I'm a little worried about the glare it might have from the sun on the topline. Has anyone rolled it outside on a sunny day? I'd be curious to know. Thanks.

I did not have any issues such as that. Perhaps the others from the FL Golf Outing that tried it can chime in.

I did not have any issues such as that. Perhaps the others from the FL Golf Outing that tried it can chime in.

no glare issues from me

i think i might be the only one who likes the look of it, of course i dont look at the putter while putting, but it seems it would be nice to look at

I didnt have any issues with glare either. Just a solid, nice rolling putter. It might need to added to my growing putter collection.

Just wanna give this a bump to see if anyone else has been rolling the vicino and what you think?

Just wanna give this a bump to see if anyone else has been rolling the vicino and what you think?

I have had a chance to use this one quite a bit now and really enjoy the insert that they have in place. Nice and soft, but not really a rubbery artificial feeling. Very solid putter. I thought the Balero was good but not great. This one fits that bill a little more.

Back