Disney Vacation with a round at Disney's Magnolia thrown in

ok now we are getting somewhere.... seven and nine... some things to hit will be in the magic kingdom.. oh wait....major thing on sunday morning, hopefully your breakfast is before the park opens...cuz then you have that very cool opportunity to get a family picture on main street in front of the castle will very few people in it...

Breakfast is at 9, I don't know when the park opens but that's when we're having breakfast. You'd sure think that would be before opening right?

For all it's worth the breakfast is worth it. To see your kid's eyes light up is priceless. In the MK you want to hit all the 'classic' rides (Small World, Peter Pan, Dumbo, the Carousel) make sure in Fantasyland that you grab the fast pass for Peter Pan and then ride all those rides I mentioned as you do not want to be standing in line for Peter Pan (long line that doesn't go very fast in the sweltering heat). Going standby for Small World is not bad since it goes quick and they have fans. Go to Mickey's toon town after that (it's the kiddie part of MK). Want a break from the heat in Fantasyland go to the 3D show which will give you a break and rarely is there a line. Also in Pirates of the Caribbean before you enter go to the left side of the entrance as they have benches and AC blowing in your face to cool off.

Since you have a little one if you had to skip a park it would be Epcot. It's more for the older child and adults. The food is the best in Epcot so if you have dinner plans I would head to World Showcase at least one night (Canada has awesome steaks at their steakhouse). If you do go to Epcot, as soon as you walk through the gates go straight to Soarin' and grab the fast pass as they go super quick.

If it rains (which chances are it will) the best park to go to is Hollywood Studios (the majority of the attractions are indoors and the park is compact so not a lot of walking required) but make sure you snag a fast pass for the Toy Story ride (best ride IMO) as they go quick as well.

Animal Kingdom and Epcot are the two that you want to avoid for rainy days since they are so big. AK is great for the kiddies as there are many things to gawk at.

Make sure you have your food plans (especially for sit downs probably dinner) because the good restaurants always fill up quick. Best restaurant in the complex, IMO, Disney's California Grill which is located on top of the Contemporary Resort. Ask the reservation folks when the fireworks at MK are that night and get reservations for a little earlier than that and you will have the best view of the fireworks from your table (no bad seat in the house).

Let me know if you have some specific questions on certain things. I've been there so many times and I know some folks who work at the park that can help as well.

ok, so Magic Kingdom, your gonna wanna do the "laugh factory" my daughter liked "the carousel of progress" but to each is own, if its hot, check it out.. maybe they are too young for space mountain (roller coaster). the racetrack is kinda cool, they get to "drive", tea cups... oh well wait, your starting at the castle... so go through the castle and turn right and hit the pooh ride and snow white.. the tea cups are down there if you wanna ride them. also if toon town is still open go check mickey and minnies houses out... or you could hang a left and you have to go on peter pan then cross over to its a small world... lol... then over to the haunted mansion.. not too scary really.... then down into frontierland for the country bear jamboree... and or before that you can hit philadelphia and hang a left and go over behind the christmas shop and meet Tiana and Naveen....your kids will know who they are...lol..... you wanna do splash mt and big thunder railroad.... back track over and hit pirates...very well themed ride.. keep going and do the jungle cruise...its a crack up..the boat captains are very funny... my daughter likes the tiki room...singing birds and all and if you go in and sit on the left side front row at the end of the show you will find something on the floor... out the door hang a right and do alladin's magic carpet ride(watch out for that camel..)lol. keep going down the path and your back to mainstreet....whew..tired yet?

well good tips... but i wouldnt skip epcot... the world showcase alone is cool and you could always make it interesting by doing the kim possible deally... its fun and my daughter enjoyed it...they give you a cell phone and you get missions from the kim possible and you have to go around the world showcase and interact with stuff... it really is fun and makes the kids actually (gasp) learn something..plus you as the dad can try and get a drink from each country... i couldn't do it, but the beer in china was pretty darn good...LOL. other key points are in epcot are Honey i shrunk the audience the Nemo ride.. with the major league aquariam after.. also the seagulls out front crack me up. spaceship earth is neat (big golf ball ride) plus when you get off there is lots of cool interactive stuff to play with. my 5yo liked test track... and so did we.. :clapp: ok animal kingdom... the high points are the safari.. but you gotta be there when the park opens cuz if you ride it later.. they animals are sleeping..lol also under the big tree is its tough to be a bug or something.. arguably the BEST 3d movie in all of disney. um the nemo musical i very neat... puppeteers and live action... better than it sounds... every year we usually only go to animal kingdom one day..maybe even half a day.. its really just a zoo with some stuff thrown in.. hollywood studios is wicked cool.... my fav. you have the indy stunt show...my girl loved it... she even got her picture taken with "indy" lights motor action is pretty cool too...muppet 3d big hit... and around the corner is a "play ground" based on honey i shrunk the audience... its a giant back yard , everything is huge..lol.. kids can blow of some pent up energy. um...gotta do fantasmic... i mean GOTTA. check your schedule and make sure you hit hollywood studios on a day that its scheduled.

oh and yeah your breakfast being 9.. park opens at 9 so get there by 830 at LEAST when you get to the entrance go towards the right side and they will let you in... oh and one MAJOR tip... is if you can.. go with the smallest bag or no bag if you can.. tell your wife to leave it all behind.. cuz if you miss the timing you could end up waiting in a long line for them to go through your bag(s) they have seperate lines for people traveling light..LOL.

oh and if you can or want to ... i would highly recomend scoring dinner at 1900 park faire its in the grand floridian but the dinner features cinderella, the prince and cindy's step mom and sisters......they are stupid funny.....its one of my favorite character interactions.. oh and by the way the castle is all you can eat... it just don't look like it...

WOW, talk about a couple of experts! Thanks birds and Spank! I'm actually going to copy and paste your tips into a word document so I can print them off and take them along. It is so helpful hearing all the do's and don'ts from people. Thanks guys!

If you have time at Magic Kingdom, stop by the barbershop on Main Street. Your girls can get their hair done there. They'll put colors, glitter, etc in their hair.
Another thing is when you take the Monorail, you can sit up front. Just ask the attendant. This is true for almost any ride.
If you're celebrating a special occasion at the character breakfast let them know too. They might do something special.

If you're looking for a guidebook, the "Unoffical Guide to Walt Disney World" is the best one for info. They'll give you recommendations on places to eat, appropriate rides, etc.

Magnolia is a good course. I also like Osprey Ridge.

Have a great trip!

have a great time with your ladies pfb! enjoy!

sadly you can no longer sit upfront on the monorail anymore. last year there was an accident that killed the driver of one of them and they no longer allow passengers upfront. man i am happy for you, i gotta tell you going to wdw is my favorite vacation spot in the states... i take the family every year. downtime in the resort is a nice added bonus.. beware of the main swimming pool, sure it has slides but it can be a zoo... look for one of the "quiet" pools near your room, much more relaxing and the kids can still swim.

Hey P4B count me in on Tuesday! Had to do some minor modifications but all worth it. PM me details.

SWEET! I have added you to the reservation and PM'd you the details. This is great, anyone else care to join us??

Man, I wish I was joining you P4B. About now I need to take a vacation, lol. Have fun and don't even think about all us slaving away back home, hehe

Man, I wish I was joining you P4B. About now I need to take a vacation, lol. Have fun and don't even think about all us slaving away back home, hehe

We'll have a beer for you Duey!

better make that a bunch for all of us! enjoy guys!

lol that or space mountain!

please refer to him by his new name Barf Vader

Hey, I'll be on vacation- I might cover that 12 rack for ya myself Duey. I just went through the virtual tour of the Magnolia course and I'm not sure I'd want to tackle that beast all liquored up. Could cost me a lot of golf balls!

Hey, I'll be on vacation- I might cover that 12 rack for ya myself Duey. I just went through the virtual tour of the Magnolia course and I'm not sure I'd want to tackle that beast all liquored up. Could cost me a lot of golf balls!

Your on vacation bird! Have at it, just let someone else drive the cart, haha

Don't worry I'll probably go fishin as well.

Your on vacation bird! Have at it, just let someone else drive the cart, haha

And that would be me. At least he can take a shuttle. I'll probably end up shredding another tire.

As promised, here are some pics of my day at Disney's Magnolia course with Spank818. The course was phenomenal, I don't think I had a bad lie all day long. The greens were surprisingly slow to me, took me about 3 or 4 holes to really get used to it. I had to use rentals, but was decked out nicely with Titleist top to bottom, 909 D2 driver, 909 FW and Hybrid, AP1 irons, Vokey 56* wedge and a Scotty Cameron Detour putter. I hit the ball decent, found myself battling a little left to right spin all day, not really going to worry too much though. I shot an 87 which should have been closer to an 83 or so but the Miller Lites caught up to me by the end of the round, hey, I was on vacation!! :banana:

Here's the practice green...
2010Disneytrip056.jpg

Spank and I about to tee off, gorgeous views all the way around!
2010Disneytrip057.jpg

The famous Mickey bunker, both Spank and I managed to avoid it, but perhaps we were a little too scared as we both missed the green to the right. I think we both walked off with bogey. Stupid mouse...:at-wits-end: In the pic it looks closer than it is, from our tee it was right around 180.
2010Disneytrip058.jpg

Here is possibly the greatest pic I took all vacation. Their locker room has a lot of past champions of Magnolia hosted events, here is Payne Stewart's. Every other one has a wood door like you'd expect, here they enshrined his locker with a glass door so you can look in, fully stocked with an outfit, balls, glove. So cool it nearly brought a tear to my eye. Oh wait, that was the double bogey on 17....forget it.
2010Disneytrip059.jpg

There were more shots but they didn't turn out as good as I had hoped. We came across some wild turkeys (animal, not shots) and some deer out there, very cool place. Hard to believe we were actually in the midst of the busiest place on the face of the earth! Thanks again to Spanks for pulling some strings and joining me, I had a great time and was happy to finally see the worlds shortest putter live and in person. Not Spanks himself mind you, while not a overly tall man he isn't nearly as short as the putter he uses!! :laughing: But hey, he was rolling that baby very good, better than me so who am I to laugh?!? Thanks again Spanks, can't wait to meet you again at the Fall THP Outing!

Back