Tres Marias Championship [spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking forward to this one quite a bit. Lorena's last event. Solid field! Who do you think will come out on top?

• Admin
Wie just eagled 10 (1st hole for her) to start out with. Could this be her week?

I look forward to seeing how Ochoa does and Suzann since she came in 2nd last year and she is has been so close so many times to a win this year. Nice to see Wie coming out strong.

• Admin
Amanda Blumenherst has now eagled 15, a 434-yard par 4! She's -5 through 6, leading by two.

It's Ai Miyazato at the moment, but MariaJo Uribe is a stroke behind (as are a whole bunch of people).

Ochoa is looking good too at -5 through 13. Being that this is her last tournament I would like to see her make a run at it.

• Admin
Man did scores go low today. Miyazato is -10 under! 8 players at -5 or better including Wie at -7.

What was that with Ochoa's disappearing eagle on the 15th hole? Man, I wish this were being broadcast!

• Admin
I still cannot believe with it being her last event that it was not picked up. I guess it really does say some things, but someone should have stepped up here.

I can't believe this isn't being broadcast. But don't worry the Mojo 6 is...for one hour a day.

I can't believe this isn't being broadcast. But don't worry the Mojo 6 is...for one hour a day.

Im with you soxy. Im just shocked a little bit. But some ladies golf is better than no ladies golf I guess.

That is true and I will watch it, but the LPGA has to be kicking itself right now. Have you seen pictures of the course? It is absolutely gorgeous, the field is great and there hasn't been a live tournament on TV in weeks. I can't understand why they weren't broadcasting it in the first place, but then with it being Lorena's last tournament...wow, could they have screwed this up any worse?

That is true and I will watch it, but the LPGA has to be kicking itself right now. Have you seen pictures of the course? It is absolutely gorgeous, the field is great and there hasn't been a live tournament on TV in weeks. I can't understand why they weren't broadcasting it in the first place, but then with it being Lorena's last tournament...wow, could they have screwed this up any worse?

Agreed. I blame this one on the networks and not the LPGA. We know they were fighting to get it on TV as late as Tuesday of this week. Its a shame. What I cant figure out is why not at least stream it. Get the cameras out there and put it on LPGA.com at least.

Is this tournament on TV - if so where?

Tks,

Brent

Unfortunately no.

I think the LPGA is trying to do the best they can just short of streaming. Have they ever done that with a tournament before? I can't think of one. They have various videos up, their twitter is going crazy with updates, pics on their facebook page...

I am surprised they couldn't get the golf channel to pick it up?

I think the LPGA is trying to do the best they can just short of streaming. Have they ever done that with a tournament before? I can't think of one. They have various videos up, their twitter is going crazy with updates, pics on their facebook page...

I am surprised they couldn't get the golf channel to pick it up?

I believe it conflicts with the PGA coverage and they never seem to have both. Im not sure if they have ever streamed an event, but with this being Ochoa's last, I would have found a way.

An organization makes major news by having a star announce an early retirement, the course is beautiful, the girls are going low, this was/is their opportunity to shine. I blame the networks more than them, but they should have at least figured out a way to stream it.

I understand the conflict with the PGA tour, but they very often (unfortunately) show the LPGA on tape delay. I would have taken that!

The big Weesy is looking good. Leading after day 2 at -12 with THP's friend Bam Bam right behind her. Solid leaderboard. Could this be the ultimate passing of the torch? Lorena's last event and Wie winning!

How's Lorena doing? It would be good to see Wie win this one.

She is in 6th at -7 after a 73 today.

How about Bam's Hole In One today!

Brittany's Ace: lpga @Brittany1golf's hole-in-one today was a 141-yard PW on the 13th.
about 1 hour ago

Michelle's Bomb: lpga @themichellewie hit a 376-yard drive downwind and downhill on the par-5 16th.

The leaderboard:
1 Michelle Wie -11
T2 Brittany Lincicome -10
T2 Ai Miyazato -10
4 Na Yeon Choi -9
5 Jee Young Lee -8
T6 Karen Stupples -7
T6 Sarah Jane Smith -7
T6 Stacy Lewis -7
T6 Jeong Jang -7
T6 Kristy McPherson -7
T6 Lorena Ochoa -7

Can't believe we can't see this!

Lots of drama to the last day of this event including the question will Lorena finish at #1:
Ochoa’s No. 1 ranking isn’t exactly safe

By Beth Ann BaldryApril 30, 2010 12:35 p.m.Archive

LPGA officials now have more definitive scenarios in regard to Lorena Ochoa finishing her career at No. 1. Now that they can factor in Jiyai Shin’s performance on the JLPGA, it seems Ochoa’s hill might be more difficult to climb.

Only two players in the Morelia field can oust Ochoa, but only if they win. If first-round leader Ai Miyazato wins, Ochoa would have to finish 10th or worse to lose the top ranking. If Suzann Pettersen goes crazy over the weekend and wins, and Ochoa finishes fifth or worse, then Pettersen is No. 1. That holds true even if Shin wins in Japan. Pettersen finished second here in ’09.

Now, if Shin wins on the JLPGA and Ochoa finishes 21st or worse, then Shin would be No. 1. If both Shin and Miyazato win, and Ochoa finishes fifth or worse, then Shin would be No. 1.

Ochoa has won the Morelia event three times.

Shin has won today in Japan. Suzann is 8 under so far for the day and is closing in on the leaders who are now just 4 strokes ahead of her. (suzann is through 13, leaders through 7) Lorena is currently in 8th place. Ai is tied with Stacy Lewis and Michelle Wie for the lead.

Some fantastic golf is being played out there. Couldn't ask for a better leaderboard. And so much is all on the line!

As I was writing this, Stacy Lewis birdied the 8th hole to take the outright lead. Lorena bogied her hole and has dropped down the leaderboard to a tie with 5 other players for the 8th spot!

Birdies are flying everywhere. Wie, Ai, and Stacie lewis are having birdie wars. Lewis leads by 1 right now.

Crazy finish to the back nine:
Lewis birdies 8 (she is playing in the group ahead of the leaders) to go up by 1.
Wie and Miyazato both follow with their own birdies on 8 to go back into a tie.
Lewis bridies 9 to again take the lead and finished the back 9 with a 31.
Wie then holes out from the fairway on the par 4 ninth hole for eagle to take the sole lead back from Lewis, also finishing her back 9 at 31. Wie is 17 under for the tournament.
Miyazato also birdied 9 to stay just one back.
Now Lewis has birdied 10 and is again tied for the lead!

Back